E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the bump
Old 01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Epic' post='774534' date='Jan 22 2009, 08:39 AM
How much did it set you back tho...
I paid $669, but Halston promised to refund me the difference if the Group Buy goes thru, which I think is very nice.

BTW, a co-worker emailed me to say Fed Ex delivered my speakers this afternoon and they are sitting in my office.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

BISBUDS: Do we get to see a few Photos of the new Ride with the upgrades bonce the weather cooperates for you?

Did you get a Spring Kit and new Wheels? I see you went as dark as possible on the tint. Did you have to get a waiver for Motor Vehicle for the dark tint?

Am also curious as to how you were able to install the speakers? Is it possible to do-it-yourself?

Please critique the BSW Sound System vs the old Premium BMW Sound? It maybe fair to rate Bass, Mid Range and the Highs?

And am also curious as to what your impression is with the ride of the 5 vs the 3 series? Thanks and Congrats on a super Choice in Rides. DTD

Originally Posted by bjsbuds' post='778683' date='Jan 27 2009, 03:50 PM
I paid $669, but Halston promised to refund me the difference if the Group Buy goes thru, which I think is very nice.

BTW, a co-worker emailed me to say Fed Ex delivered my speakers this afternoon and they are sitting in my office.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Are you going to get the Sprint Booster? Thanks DTD

Originally Posted by bjsbuds' post='778683' date='Jan 27 2009, 03:50 PM

Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by DTD' post='779684' date='Jan 28 2009, 06:30 PM
BISBUDS: Do we get to see a few Photos of the new Ride with the upgrades bonce the weather cooperates for you?

Did you get a Spring Kit and new Wheels? I see you went as dark as possible on the tint. Did you have to get a waiver for Motor Vehicle for the dark tint?

Am also curious as to how you were able to install the speakers? Is it possible to do-it-yourself?

Please critique the BSW Sound System vs the old Premium BMW Sound? It maybe fair to rate Bass, Mid Range and the Highs?

And am also curious as to what your impression is with the ride of the 5 vs the 3 series? Thanks and Congrats on a super Choice in Rides. DTD
DTD,
No Spring Kit or wheels yet. My brother seems to think he can install the spring kit, but that won't happen until late spring, or whenever he comes down from Chicago with his M3. I thought I had a shot at some used OEM 166 wheels, but someone else beat me to them. I'll probably end up purchasing new wheels once I sell my 19" BBS CH wheels & tires that I had on my e46. Oh how I love those BBS CH wheels.

I put a post out there asking everyone's opinion as to whether I should go for the M-Tech aerodynamic kit or 19" wheels first. Opinions were kind of split. I really think the side skirts make the biggest difference. But, considering the price of them separately, might as well get the kit.

Yes, I did go with 35% tint. I don't think it's the darkest, as there was 20% available too. When I walked in the door, I was planning on 50% and Formula One's basic Classic tint. The owner took samples out and put them on my car, showed me other cars there, and I really had the feeling he thought I should go 35%. So I did, worried about it, but did it. Got about a mile down the road, telling my Mother, of all people, that I had chosen Formula One's lowest line of tint, and that there is a top of the line that a lot of people pick on the forums, but it is twice the cost. I thought she would be proud I picked the least expensive. She says, you buy a car that was $70,000 new, and you won't spend an extra $200 on the top of the line tint? Okay, I called them and said go with the Pinnacle. I really hope I don't regret selecting the 35% tint. Time will tell. Yes, it is illegal in Ohio. 50% is allowed.

Not sure where you are from, but we are having one heck of a winter storm in Cincinnati. Many people without power. There are trees & power lines down all over from the ice. My point being, that my speakers arrived yesterday, and are sitting in my office at work, and I haven't been there for two days because I live in a very hilly area, and Bimmers don't like icey roads. I am hoping to install the speakers this weekend. I am just a basic do-it-yourself person, so I don't know if I'll be able to complete the Stage 1 install myself. But, I am going to give it a try. I have been thinking about how I might evaluate the BSW Stage 1. I think I will listen to three different songs just before the install, and those same three after the install. Of course, it will be subjective. My fear is that the improvement won't be noticeable enough to justify the $$$.

My impression of the 5 vs the 3 series? When I first considered a 5 series, my Brother thought I would regret it. Even when I was getting ready to fly to Chicago to pick it up, he said you will have buyer's remorse, because you always do when you buy something big. True. I haven't driven the car very often, as I am keeping her in the garage during this crappy weather, and need to put as many miles as I can on the 330cic because I am way under miles on the lease. But when I get in the 550 and drive her, I just smile. A friend of mine said the other day, you are very happy with that car aren't you? Yes I am. No buyer's remorse. Except that it's Jet Black. Swirl marks galore. My 4th Jet Black BMW. You would think I'd learn. I am actually talking to a detailer in NC about detailing the car in March. That's a 9 hour drive, but I am picky about the appearance of the car, and this guy is talented.

Biggest surprises about the 550i - - A little too loose steering for me, awesome comfort seats, the heated streering wheel , the acceleration, and how much money this car is going to cost me via mods / improvements
Old 01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
DTD
Senior Members

Are you going to do Anthricite or Polished Aluminum if you get the BBS Wheels? I too am looking at an M Tech or similar with possible Hartge Splitter. I was wondering who else is making a system out there to consider for the M Kit? Once you get your break hope to hear what the driving experience is between the 5 and the 3s' you'vw owned. Maybe you should ask your dealer about the stearing? Tnanks and PS I went to Bowling Green State. My best friend Brett is in Canton. I travel often to say hi in Ohio. And your sure you can't find a good detailer local? DTD

Originally Posted by bjsbuds' post='779726' date='Jan 28 2009, 07:36 PM
DTD,
No Spring Kit or wheels yet. My brother seems to think he can install the spring kit, but that won't happen until late spring, or whenever he comes down from Chicago with his M3. I thought I had a shot at some used OEM 166 wheels, but someone else beat me to them. I'll probably end up purchasing new wheels once I sell my 19" BBS CH wheels & tires that I had on my e46. Oh how I love those BBS CH wheels.

I put a post out there asking everyone's opinion as to whether I should go for the M-Tech aerodynamic kit or 19" wheels first. Opinions were kind of split. I really think the side skirts make the biggest difference. But, considering the price of them separately, might as well get the kit.

Yes, I did go with 35% tint. I don't think it's the darkest, as there was 20% available too. When I walked in the door, I was planning on 50% and Formula One's basic Classic tint. The owner took samples out and put them on my car, showed me other cars there, and I really had the feeling he thought I should go 35%. So I did, worried about it, but did it. Got about a mile down the road, telling my Mother, of all people, that I had chosen Formula One's lowest line of tint, and that there is a top of the line that a lot of people pick on the forums, but it is twice the cost. I thought she would be proud I picked the least expensive. She says, you buy a car that was $70,000 new, and you won't spend an extra $200 on the top of the line tint? Okay, I called them and said go with the Pinnacle. I really hope I don't regret selecting the 35% tint. Time will tell. Yes, it is illegal in Ohio. 50% is allowed.

Not sure where you are from, but we are having one heck of a winter storm in Cincinnati. Many people without power. There are trees & power lines down all over from the ice. My point being, that my speakers arrived yesterday, and are sitting in my office at work, and I haven't been there for two days because I live in a very hilly area, and Bimmers don't like icey roads. I am hoping to install the speakers this weekend. I am just a basic do-it-yourself person, so I don't know if I'll be able to complete the Stage 1 install myself. But, I am going to give it a try. I have been thinking about how I might evaluate the BSW Stage 1. I think I will listen to three different songs just before the install, and those same three after the install. Of course, it will be subjective. My fear is that the improvement won't be noticeable enough to justify the $$$.

My impression of the 5 vs the 3 series? When I first considered a 5 series, my Brother thought I would regret it. Even when I was getting ready to fly to Chicago to pick it up, he said you will have buyer's remorse, because you always do when you buy something big. True. I haven't driven the car very often, as I am keeping her in the garage during this crappy weather, and need to put as many miles as I can on the 330cic because I am way under miles on the lease. But when I get in the 550 and drive her, I just smile. A friend of mine said the other day, you are very happy with that car aren't you? Yes I am. No buyer's remorse. Except that it's Jet Black. Swirl marks galore. My 4th Jet Black BMW. You would think I'd learn. I am actually talking to a detailer in NC about detailing the car in March. That's a 9 hour drive, but I am picky about the appearance of the car, and this guy is talented.

Biggest surprises about the 550i - - A little too loose steering for me, awesome comfort seats, the heated streering wheel , the acceleration, and how much money this car is going to cost me via mods / improvements
Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
DTD
Senior Members

BMW M5 (E39) v BMW M6 (E63/E64) v BMW550I (E60) Part II/II

Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

DTD, I don't want to come across harsh but why are you posting that vid here? What does it have to do with the subject of this thread? You can always start a new discussion thread with a different topic you know.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
DTD
Senior Members

Yeap...

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='779895' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:49 PM
DTD, I don't want to come across harsh but why are you posting that vid here? What does it have to do with the subject of this thread? You can always start a new discussion thread with a different topic you know.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Members

Yes we did get a little off track

Quick Reply: Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!