E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

French Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 03:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d black on black sport seats, shadow line rear and side sunshades, sport wheel, brushed aluminium interior trim, sunroof, ......

sorry to ask this but does AUX input work without navigation ?

hk
Old 05-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Members

My Ride: coming in March 530d touring individual, messing metallic, platino extended leather, piano black interior trim, M-sport packet, head up display, navigation professional, logic 7, active steering, CD changer, Bluetooth, packet light, adaptive and xenon lights, PDC, heated seats, packet mirrors, panorama sunroof, alarm, automatic rear door

Originally Posted by hedikmn' date='May 16 2005, 12:43 PM
sorry to ask this but does AUX input work without navigation ?

hk
[snapback]129142[/snapback]
YES
Old 06-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xiT Sport with SMG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by atta_svg' date='May 13 2005, 06:38 AM
Was to the shop to day to inquire about an AUX install for my iPOD.? The electrician said that they were releasing a special AUX for iPOD with iDrive-integration later this year, and adviced me to wait! He said though, that he did not think it would coexits with an CD-changer...
Atle
(Norway)
I'm doing ED in August and would love to get that!
Is AUX IN a standard feature on the 2006 E60/61 or is it an option/accessory you need to ask for? In the latter case, is this factory-installed or setup at the dealer after purchase?
Also, is this new integration with iDrive you're mentioning a different type of AUX IN from the existing one, or just a software upgrade?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by cyril' date='Jun 5 2005, 11:04 AM
[quote name='atta_svg' date='May 13 2005, 06:38 AM']Was to the shop to day to inquire about an AUX install for my iPOD.? The electrician said that they were releasing a special AUX for iPOD with iDrive-integration later this year, and adviced me to wait! He said though, that he did not think it would coexits with an CD-changer...
Atle
(Norway)
I'm doing ED in August and would love to get that!
Is AUX IN a standard feature on the 2006 E60/61 or is it an option/accessory you need to ask for? In the latter case, is this factory-installed or setup at the dealer after purchase?
Also, is this new integration with iDrive you're mentioning a different type of AUX IN from the existing one, or just a software upgrade?
[snapback]136426[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm getting aux input installed this week--it's a dealer installed option. The iPod connector for the E60 will be similar to the one available for other BMW models (which don't work with nav cars , and replaces the CD changer input)--a different connector, not just a software update.

I spoke to the service director at my dealer and he said his contacts at BMW said they're aware there's a demand for an iPod connector for the E60, and they're working on integrating it into the iDrive system. No firm date on availability, and if it doesn't work with nav it's no good to me, so I decided to get the aux input. If/when an iPod connector that works with nav is available I'll probably get it.