E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Forgestar Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
You are awfully twisting my words here.
LOL E does that unintentionally, I think its some kind of a complex or something

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
i just dont get how you can call your product FORGEstar when the face is cast and the barrel is flow formed

there isnt a measure of forged in the wheel at all
This has ALWAYS made me uneasy too - like, if you have quality wheels, why would you go and name the brand something that is essentially and totally misleading?

Thanks for posting this info, E! And you know what, I'm glad I didn't get F14's too - even though I've never really liked the design, the custom offset and low weight are attractive. If these aren't structurally solid enough to withstand the pressures generated by my car though - even if there's a chance of that, I'm out. Thanks again for keepin' it honest and this is exactly the kind of info we need more of 'round herr

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
no such thing as bad publicity right?
Just ask E how much he got paid for "promoting" Forgestars with this thread
Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
LOL E does that unintentionally, I think its some kind of a complex or something

This has ALWAYS made me uneasy too - like, if you have quality wheels, why would you go and name the brand something that is essentially and totally misleading?

Thanks for posting this info, E! And you know what, I'm glad I didn't get F14's too - even though I've never really liked the design, the custom offset and low weight are attractive. If these aren't structurally solid enough to withstand the pressures generated by my car though - even if there's a chance of that, I'm out. Thanks again for keepin' it honest and this is exactly the kind of info we need more of 'round herr

Just ask E how much he got paid for "promoting" Forgestars with this thread
they gave me 3 lil shot bottles of stoli
Old 06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP Vert

Not sure how to reply to all of this because it's already been covered in so many other forums. First you're talking about the load rating of an 18" Forgestar which is not intended for a 5 series and we do not sell to them. You're bashing the name Forgestar and calling it misleading because there is nothing Forged about it?? How about the FORGESTAR F14F's

Specs

Modular Forged
Custom Bolt Patterns
Lightweight
Clears big brake kit
Great range of offsets
Custom Colors

I think the best way is for the owners of these cars to share their experiences.

You guys question the quality of these Flow-Formed wheels and yet you continue to buy gravity casted wheels produced by other companies. You question the 1 wheel that had an issue out of the THOUSANDS that have shipped? You say that the barrel is flow-formed and the face is cast...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ON A 1 PIECE WHEEL??? The whole wheel is Flow-Formed. You clearly have done quite a bit of research on these wheels, and seem very interested in it. Let me know if you have any other questions I'd be glad to help you out. Actually I can even forward your concerns to a Forgestar Representative as well, they are very helpful!

Kevin@ModBargains.com
714-582-3330 ext 8009
Old 06-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Thats my car, the last pic, lol.
No problems with my forgestar f14's.
One of my wheels is bent but only bc I hit a nasty pothole that actually popped out my center cap.
I was lucky that I didnt get a flat from that pothole.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP Vert

Originally Posted by jdcinc21
Thats my car, the last pic, lol.
No problems with my forgestar f14's.
One of my wheels is bent but only bc I hit a nasty pothole that actually popped out my center cap.
I was lucky that I didnt get a flat from that pothole.
Sorry to hear that, are you trying to get another wheel together for your car?

Kevin@ModBargains.com
Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

It really amazes me why people post stuff like this instead of talking with the company first. Why not call Forgestar first, get the answers and data and then make a conclusion?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by socale39
It really amazes me why people post stuff like this instead of talking with the company first. Why not call Forgestar first, get the answers and data and then make a conclusion?
Because they're not Forgestar customers. There's nothing like Internet propaganda which a few members here have become pros at.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Contributors

This thread is full of fail. Then again, I see who started it.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
This thread is full of fail. Then again, I see who started it.

I think the only people taking this thread seriously was the OP and the dealer defending one of his product lines, for good reason of course if they're trying to make money off of it.

Consequently the OP has "gon stancin"
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Consequently the OP has "gon stancin"
he's been on, just not posting, his profile says he was on today around noon (PST)

Quick Reply: Forgestar Wheels