E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Forgestar Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lying is far fetched. Though taking facts and making it appear as one product is grossly inferior and even "dangerous", directly quoting his statement here, can be misleading. The interpretation of these facts is often misleading, even more so when the average member does not comprehend wheel development and testing.

There are questions that remained unanswered, and as a retailer of Forgestar we want and need these answers as well to properly assess the products and determine if our company should sell these or no.

You are awfully twisting my words here.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
So are you suggesting that PaintPro21 is lying because he doesnt sell Forgestar? All of the information that was stated against forgestar came from their own website and their load testing that they did.

The only thing that is in major question is a) if their SAE test really does trump TUV and JWL and b)if their wheels are grossly under loading for our cars as is being argued.

So then what you are saying about Modbargains is they have no business defending the product because they dont have the technical background to do so.

Do you?

Forgestar has remained silent about the issue on the forums but who knows what they are doing
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

I wonder if the Benz guys are aware of this info? They have a huge boner for the Forgestars over there. I almost pulled the trigger on the F14's. I am glad I am still undecided on wheels for my E55.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
Lying is far fetched. Though taking facts and making it appear as one product is grossly inferior and even "dangerous", directly quoting his statement here, can be misleading. The interpretation of these facts is often misleading, even more so when the average member does not comprehend wheel development and testing.

There are questions that remained unanswered, and as a retailer of Forgestar we want and need these answers as well to properly assess the products and determine if our company should sell these or no.

You are awfully twisting my words here.

Then please by all means go a head and correct their assessments of how the wheels tested to the SAE standard and how Forgestar comes to their conclusions

If you have real verifiable data other than "Hes a competitor" or "He is twisting the data" then post it, otherwise you are defending the product with nothing to back it up.

If its a good product then these claims can easily be dismissed and Forgestar can correct the accusations about their wheels and their load testing
Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

That's why people call them "iForgery" wheels.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
That's why people call them "iForgery" wheels.

i just dont get how you can call your product FORGEstar when the face is cast and the barrel is flow formed

there isnt a measure of forged in the wheel at all
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
i just dont get how you can call your product FORGEstar when the face is cast and the barrel is flow formed

there isnt a measure of forged in the wheel at all

I'm sure they were banking on the fact that most people wouldn't know any better, or that they wouldn't care since the majority of people purchase wheels for looks and not performance/safety.

On a side note, you just F*cked this guys FS thread.. unintentionally of course.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/976...aboulous-mint/
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Contributors

I'm sure they were banking on the fact that most people wouldn't know any better, or that they wouldn't care since the majority of people purchase wheels for looks and not performance/safety.

On a side note, you just F*cked this guys FS thread.. unintentionally of course.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/976...aboulous-mint/

lol iforged is hit and miss, forgestar seems to be miss only
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

http://forums.5serie...faboulous-mint/
actually you did by linking it
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
actually you did by linking it
DOH! Damn it Gene, why you gotta go and call people out like that.. LOL. At least I'm helping him get more exposure..
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

no such thing as bad publicity right?

DOH! Damn it Gene, why you gotta go a call people out like that.. LOL. At least I'm helping him get more exposure..

Quick Reply: Forgestar Wheels