E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Low dust, min noise Ceramic Brake pads for our

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> "E60 Low dust, minor noise Ceramic Brake pads for our new Bimmers!..."

WED: 5-4-05 & 20:06hrs.

Dear e60 forum:

Like most BMW owners I love my Bimmer, but hate the excessive brake dust issue that we all face. I have been doing some www research and I just got some email from Hawk Brake pad company with their new BMW E60 that offers: better OE performance, Low dust, minor noise Ceramic Brake pads, (SEE BELOW).

I was just wondering if anyone here at the forum by chance heard of this company, and has used them yet, and if so how do you like them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

=====</span>

"R. Eddie:

For starters, "dustless" is kind of a misnomer, in that all pads dust -- it's just a matter of how easily you can see it.

If you are looking to at least maintain OE performance, and possible improve upon OE performance a bit, while having a much lower dust level (OE BMW pads are Jurid or Textar, and are very dusty as you already know...) along with the very low noise (quiet) level, then I recommend the Hawk Performance Ceramic, which is a new product from Hawk designed specifically to meet the criteria of low dust and noise.

In the Hawk Performance Ceramic compound, the list prices are $114.84 (HB325Z.720) front and $79.23 (HB227Z.630) rear. Your price from Cobalt is 15% off these list prices. Please reference these part numbers when calling to place an order.

Hawk also has the HPS compound available, which is a relatively low dust compound, along with an improvement in performance over OE, but under certain conditions, there can be minor noise issues. The newer Performance Ceramic compound addresses these noise-related issues.

HTH... -Andie"
--------------------

andie w lin | director of motorsports r&d
cobalt friction technologies | www.cobaltfriction.com
t: 954.828.1515 | m: 954.647.3992 | f: 954.828.1517
email: andie@cobaltfriction.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:48 PM
To: info@cobaltfriction.com
Subject: TO: nfo@cobaltfriction.com / FROM: R. Eddie Presley

I own a new 2004 e60 530i and I need non squeal, and dustless brake pads to fit, do you have such or know where I can buy them?

Email me at Presley348@aol.com with your answer.

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='May 4 2005, 07:00 PM
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> "E60 Low dust, minor noise Ceramic Brake pads for our new Bimmers!..."

WED: 5-4-05 & 20:06hrs.

Dear e60 forum:

Like most BMW owners I love my Bimmer, but hate the excessive brake dust issue that we all face.? I have been doing some www research and I just got some email from Hawk Brake pad company with their new BMW E60 that offers: better? OE performance, Low dust, minor noise Ceramic Brake pads, (SEE BELOW).

I was just wondering if anyone here at the forum by chance heard of this company, and has used them yet, and if so how do you like them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
I installed a set of Hawk HPS on my '03 Audi A4 and they were excellent.? The new ceramics sound like a great idea to me.? The OE pads on 5 series are terribly dusty AND squeal like a(if I May use a local description)sumbitch.
Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

=====</span>

"R. Eddie:

For starters, "dustless" is kind of a misnomer, in that all pads dust -- it's just a matter of how easily you can see it.

If you are looking to at least maintain OE performance, and possible improve upon OE performance a bit, while having a much lower dust level (OE BMW pads are Jurid or Textar, and are very dusty as you already know...) along with the very low noise (quiet) level, then I recommend the Hawk Performance Ceramic, which is a new product from Hawk designed specifically to meet the criteria of low dust and noise.

In the Hawk Performance Ceramic compound, the list prices are $114.84 (HB325Z.720) front and $79.23 (HB227Z.630) rear.? Your price from Cobalt is 15% off these list prices.? Please reference these part numbers when calling to place an order.

Hawk also has the HPS compound available, which is a relatively low dust compound, along with an improvement in performance over OE, but under certain conditions, there can be minor noise issues.? The newer Performance Ceramic compound addresses these noise-related issues.

HTH...? -Andie"
--------------------

andie w lin | director of motorsports r&d
cobalt friction technologies | www.cobaltfriction.com
t: 954.828.1515 | m: 954.647.3992 | f: 954.828.1517
email: andie@cobaltfriction.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:48 PM
To: info@cobaltfriction.com
Subject: TO: nfo@cobaltfriction.com / FROM: R. Eddie Presley

? ? I own a new 2004 e60 530i and I need non squeal, and dustless brake pads to fit, do you have such or know where I can buy them?

? ? Email me at Presley348@aol.com with your answer.

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
[snapback]124122[/snapback]
Old 05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Sorry, the last reply didn't make it. Anyway, I installed a set of Hawk HPS pads on my '03 Audi A4, and they were excellent. The new ceramics sound like a great idea. The stock pads on the 5 Series are incredibly dusty and they squeal like a(If I may use a local descriptive term)sumbitch.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

A friend has the Hawk pads on an M3 and loves them - no noise and minimal dust.

I was considering the Axxis Deluxe pads which I have heard great things. Again, low dust and noise. They are not quit as high of performance as the Hawk pads, but better then the OE pads.

I was considering these as I do alot of highway driving and I have heard if you don't get on the Hawk pads fairly consistantly, they can start to make some noise.

The only problem for me is that they are not available yet for the 545i sport.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Members

So!....what is the best brake pad available for our cars?...I have a 530i Premuim / Sport!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Orientblue530i' date='May 5 2005, 09:24 AM
So!....what is the best brake pad available for our cars?...I have a 530i Premuim / Sport!
[snapback]124487[/snapback]
There is no one answer - it depends on your driving style.

Both the Hawk and The Axxis pads have had good feedback regarding low dust and low noise from BMW owners. I am sure there are others.

If you are a conservative driver or spend alot of time on the freeway, then the Axxis deluxe would be a good fit. If you are aggressive and on your brakes a lot, the Hawk may be better.

Contact Stop Tech and talk to one of the tech guys and he could give you the right recommendation. Not that I am trying to plug the business, but I talked to a guy last year and he was very knowledgable 310-325-4799