E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 CIC Retrofit, USB, Combox - 2006 BMW 530i

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 08:00 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530XI, CIC/Combox/TPMS Retrofit (CCC M-ASK Orig)
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by black_rain
I am happy to find that a thread with CIC retrofitting in the title isn't dead. I am waiting for a few parts to come in to start this full install including the updated CIC controller. First, i sourced all the parts from ebay and ppl parting out vehciles on FB marketplace so nothing is coded to my VIN. I have also purchased the CAN emulator which should be here soon. As for the CAN emulator i read that i may not need it but only if i can get my CIC HU updated. Is there anyone that is willing to help with coding and i am willing to compensate. Please reply here or send a PM. Thanks in advance.
You can do a software patcher if you have C1A firmware loaded on your CIC. In a post a few replies above (the second iteration of the guide I wrote) I explain how to identify the firmware using NCSExpert; its not the first instance of suggested module version that indicates the firmware. Even if you don't already have it, if you have an ICOM or ICOM clone you can update your unit - though you'll at the least want a charger to ensure you can stay powered through the process.

If you have a working setup for the standard tools, I could easily help with the coding remotely.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:08 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xi
Default combox retrofit on 2008 E60...

can someone help with coding combox?
all of a sudden combox is not being recognized
i have replaced combox and same thing...looks like it needs to be coded to cic again.
can someone assist?

Old 05-02-2022, 09:19 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by MPOLO5XI
can someone help with coding combox?
all of a sudden combox is not being recognized
i have replaced combox and same thing...looks like it needs to be coded to cic again.
can someone assist?

Some questions:
  1. Have you already tried coding it?
  2. Did you replace the previous Combox because after a period of it working completely and seamlessly, it suddenly stopped without any other changes made by you?
  3. Have you checked all known MOST terminal locations and ensured that they are all firmly clicked/pressed together/into place?
If you have replace the Combox and have not yet written your vin to it, you'll need to do that first, and then default code your combox by your VO or SSD file - however you have to do it.

With all that in mind, where are you at and what is it you need specifically? The more details the better.
The following users liked this post:
MPOLO5XI (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 09:29 AM
New Members

Some questions:
  1. Have you already tried coding it? original combox was already coded a couple of years back and was working perfectly till last week..i was trying to connect to bluetooth and froze..and since then i tried to reconnect and got please wait on my screen.
  2. Did you replace the previous Combox because after a period of it working completely and seamlessly, it suddenly stopped without any other changes made by you? i replaced to similar combox and still no luck.
  3. Have you checked all known MOST terminal locations and ensured that they are all firmly clicked/pressed together/into place? I've checked optic line and had red light..ive checked power on pins 1 & 2 and is good.
If you have replace the Combox and have not yet written your vin to it, you'll need to do that first, and then default code your combox by your VO or SSD file - however you have to do it. ​​​​​​​i tried to have someone remote code but could not get combox code to populate...not sure if he know to well..

With all that in mind, where are you at and what is it you need specifically? The more details the better. ​​​​​​​i am in queens NY...I'm basically looking for someone that has done this before..
Old 05-02-2022, 09:51 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by kirvedx
Some questions:
  2. Did you replace the previous Combox because after a period of it working completely and seamlessly, it suddenly stopped without any other changes made by you?
  3. Have you checked all known MOST terminal locations and ensured that they are all firmly clicked/pressed together/into place?
If you have replace the Combox and have not yet written your vin to it, you'll need to do that first, and then default code your combox by your VO or SSD file - however you have to do it.

With all that in mind, where are you at and what is it you need specifically? The more details the better.
is it possible to discuss offline?
Old 05-02-2022, 09:58 AM
New Members

ive had it retrofit for 2 yrs now,,,and was working perfectly till last week when i tried to connect and gave me please wait on screen.
since then i couldn't connect bluetooth at all..
i thought combox was bad and got another one with same part number..but still no luck.
I've checked power and optic line and all is good.
i am located in flushing queens...just need someone to connect and maybe recode combox again..
Old 05-02-2022, 09:59 AM
New Members

Some questions:

ive had it retrofit for 2 yrs now,,,and was working perfectly till last week when i tried to connect and gave me please wait on screen.
i thought combox was bad and got another one with same part number..but still no luck.
i am located in flushing queens...just need someone to connect and maybe recode combox again..
Old 05-02-2022, 11:00 AM
New Members

Yes it is likely that you need to code the vin properly to the new Combox and to then default it to your VO before you can say for certain that the new Combox is problematic. Make sure you have your BT antennae plugged in properly - not entirely likely but could be an issue; you can try plugging in your Sirius antenna (I'm not convinced but popular vote says that this at times canf unction as a BT antennae, with a much shorter range) - but again it's probably not likely.

I'm in STNY - if you have an interface cable and a functioning setup I could remotely connect for you at some point and code it; otherwise I'd be a hefty (5 hour) drive (one way) for you. There's bound to be someone in NYC that could meet with you so I'll leave that for them to PM you or offer themselves.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:08 AM
New Members

Yes it is likely that you need to code the vin properly to the new Combox and to then default it to your VO before you can say for certain that the new Combox is problematic. Make sure you have your BT antennae plugged in properly - not entirely likely but could be an issue; you can try plugging in your Sirius antenna (I'm not convinced but popular vote says that this at times canf unction as a BT antennae, with a much shorter range) - but again it's probably not likely.

I'm in STNY - if you have an interface cable and a functioning setup I could remotely connect for you at some point and code it; otherwise I'd be a hefty (5 hour) drive (one way) for you. There's bound to be someone in NYC that could meet with you so I'll leave that for them to PM you or offer themselves.
yes i have cable with dedicated laptop with coding programs..how can we set up a time?
Old 05-02-2022, 11:55 AM
New Members

yes i have cable with dedicated laptop with coding programs..how can we set up a time?
PM Sent

Quick Reply: E60 CIC Retrofit, USB, Combox - 2006 BMW 530i