E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DIY MTech Body kit installed today

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: AmethystGrau '03 530i

Nice. Good weather today eh?

Your car is quite low, but not boy-racer low. One thing about E60, I think it's been setup rather high. I've always wanted to lower mine a little bit, but a little bit hesitant as the dealer is unhelpful unless I get M setup.. Which is rather expensive. You've obviously been around the Rimutakas? One of my favourite road. Regularly take the family for lunch at Greytown, so that I can drive through the Rimutakas.

What annoys me in NZ is that there aren't a lot selection to choose from. Also sellers don't really know what the heck they are selling. In TM someone selling a replica M body kit calling it Full Enemy (WTH?). The ACS replica it's a bolt on, not a full bumper replacement, but I'm not sold on the rear.

Contact me at dgunawan at gmail dot com
Old 11-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Car looks great!!!
Love the 166 wheels and the suspension set up
Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Dude your car looks incredible. I really love it.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Contributors

well done sir

well done

though i do love the look of the oem bumpers with 166 wheels

its such a timeless look IMHO
Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

very nice! congrats!!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Leong' post='1044224' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:38 AM
I had to remove the "blinds" to fit the new air guides so definitely thought about leaving it out. But they're controlled electronically so I reinstalled it fearing error messages.
ahh, just noticed you have a diesel. i guess those flaps close so that your car warms up better when its cold out.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looking good
Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

great stance you've achieved with the suspension set-up

thanks for sharing
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530d

Thanks for all the nice comments!!!

Just thought I'd post a before and after makeover....
Attached Thumbnails DIY MTech Body kit installed today-before.jpg   DIY MTech Body kit installed today-after.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530d

Originally Posted by 530_nz' post='1044544' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:17 PM
Nice. Good weather today eh?

Your car is quite low, but not boy-racer low. One thing about E60, I think it's been setup rather high. I've always wanted to lower mine a little bit, but a little bit hesitant as the dealer is unhelpful unless I get M setup.. Which is rather expensive. You've obviously been around the Rimutakas? One of my favourite road. Regularly take the family for lunch at Greytown, so that I can drive through the Rimutakas.

What annoys me in NZ is that there aren't a lot selection to choose from. Also sellers don't really know what the heck they are selling. In TM someone selling a replica M body kit calling it Full Enemy (WTH?). The ACS replica it's a bolt on, not a full bumper replacement, but I'm not sold on the rear.

Contact me at dgunawan at gmail dot com
Yes it was a great weekend, but with the rain today my car's now dirty!!

I know what you mean about setup rather high - see the pic I just posted of my car prior to two months ago. Is your car still under warranty? I don't really see why your dealer is so set on using genuine BMW parts. I guess we're lucky here having two dealers, and one in Hamilton which isnt that far away. Perhaps the service manager in Palmerston North might be more sympathetic....

Yes, I've been to Wellington a bit and love that bit of road, especially on the bike - don't get held by by traffic!! We've just planned a trip through to Queenstown over Xmas and we're taking the car!! Looking forward to getting some nice pics. The only other time I've had this car in the South Island was earlier this year when I towed the track bike down to Ruapuna - it was still a great drive, but I think this is going to be so much better!!

Re the lack of selection, yes that's the price we pay for being so far away. I regularly get bike parts from the States - in fact bought a whole new motor when I blew mine at Pukekohe a couple of years ago, but these car parts are so large that the freight is horrendous. I'm going to get the M Sport wheel next - might be possible to get this cheaper oseas, but I guess that also depends on what the dollars doing at the time.....

Quick Reply: DIY MTech Body kit installed today