E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Customizing???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Alpine White on Black | Cold Weather Pkg | Premium Sound | Sport Pkg | Navigation | Satelite | Black Powder Coated 166's | Ice Cubed Dash Kit | M-Tech | AFE Intake | Hamann Splitter | Vogtland Springs |

For me it's personal preference as well. My wife looks at my powder coated black 166's and say's why would you waist your money on making them black? I liked them shiney. I find my taste change from time to time with my choices of mods as well, I used to love a deep polished lip with a black center and wanted the car to be as fast as possible, now I'm satisfied with the power (almost) and would like a little more modification on the outside. I don't believe age is a factor I'm 45 on the outside 18 on the inside and if you don't believe me just ask my wife and kids.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Well i would consider myself a moder.. I do it for all the things you mentioned.. I like it for the looks i like it for the preformance i like it for handeling theres many reason as to why I do it.. my personal views are this is a well engineerd car, but I also beleive the engineering can be inhanced with certiain things. Now im not saying all my moding is to make it look good and what have you but also for indivdualism as well.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

all our e60s are alike... they only differnce is a few colors and electronics other than that they are the same,,, i love my car, i want it to look differnet than every e60 on the road. to my its individuality.
although i love a little extra power like rudy said we dont have the tallent and skill to make such judgements. i dont even trust products such as dinan, cause i dont think they have thought about things the way BMW has (relibility, comfort, Lifetime). even if i do i definitely wont trust any garage to do the install, i have however added an ACS lip and getting the roof spoiler this week, i dont think they harm any of the mechanics and they do improve how the car looks, so they are purely cosmetics for me. but i just relized that the ACS lip is supose to provde extra downforce although i find it dificult to believe it gives any significat increase.. next ill start doing my interior getting a little bit of extra wood here and there. then perhaps an M-kit...