E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom European license plate for my 525i

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='211958' date='Dec 16 2005, 07:27 AM
Hey guys, I've been thinking about ordering a front German plate for my car (still advertising the dealer )...what do you think? I have the option of adding a front custom plate since the state of SC only requires a rear plate. do or don't?
If yes, any cool ideas for the text?
hey awesome you can order by

www.bimmian.com

and ask for BMW ///M M?nchen ... ask

Miss 525i what else wud be cooler????

rapid lady
Old 12-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

No front plate looks the best, if the dealer already put on the front bracket, then you can take it off and then goto www.bumperplugs.com to fill in the holes. I live in NJ were by law you need a front plate, but with my other car I didnt have one for three years and it was never a issue. This time I made sure the dealer never put on the front bracket.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

If you have the option: no front plate.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='211958' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, I've been thinking about ordering a front German plate for my car (still advertising the dealer )...what do you think? I have the option of adding a front custom plate since the state of SC only requires a rear plate. do or don't?
Personally, I would not do it especially since I, thank goodness, live in a no-front-plate-required state. I too would not want to detract from the clean smooth look of the front end. Also, while I suppose that it would be clear that the plate did not come from Europe (I'm not sure though), I would not want such a plate unless I had taken European delivery. If I did it put an European plate on, then I would want the message in English--at least if I wanted any but a few to understand it. As for the message, hummmm, How about BEEMBDUBYA?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

NC also doesn't require a front plate, so I kept my temporary German plate with the Munich prefix, but did add a plate frame to hold it in place (it looked awkward with the German plate mounted to the US plate holder).

You can get custom plates at www.germanplates.com
Old 12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Contributors

I know that most people here disagree with me but I think that the European plates look better than no plate at all, especially on a BMW. However, I do like the no-plate look better than the US plate. I think the US plate's narrow and tall size along with the small font characters make the car look bad.

I have had German plates on the front of my cars for more than 20 years here in California. However, these have been the plates that came with the cars as I did either Euro Delivery or directly imported them from Germany. The only car that I did order a custom German plate for is my wife's X5 because obviously being built in South Carolina I could not do a Euro Delivery on it and therefore did not have a real German plate.

The only thing I would suggest is that you try to keep the format of the German plate in the text you choose rather than spelling out a custom word. I don't like it when the plate looks fake and speling out a word without keeping the proper format makes it look fake. A typical plate in Munich would start with the letter "M" and a space then two letters and another space and then four numbers. For example for my wife's X5 I did M SR 0697, the "M"=Munich, "SR"= her's and my first initials, "0697" the month and year we got married. So in a way it is customized (although it would only make sense to us), and at the same time it keeps the format of a Munich plate. Yes.....I know the plate on my car in my signature below does not follow that format of M, 2 letters and 4 numbers.....but that is because it is a temporary "export" plate that is put on car's that are going to be exported from Germany.

So if you wanted to spell out "Miss525i" you could choose something like M SS 5251 which would represent Miss525i and yet still have the look and format of a real German/Munich plate.

PS.....
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='212235' date='Dec 16 2005, 05:03 PM
I know that most people here disagree with me but I think that the European plates look better than no plate at all, especially on a BMW. However, I do like the no-plate look better than the US plate. I think the US plate's narrow and tall size along with the small font characters make the car look bad.

I have had German plates on the front of my cars for more than 20 years here in California. However, these have been the plates that came with the cars as I did either Euro Delivery or directly imported them from Germany. The only car that I did order a custom German plate for is my wife's X5 because obviously being built in South Carolina I could not do a Euro Delivery on it and therefore did not have a real German plate.

The only thing I would suggest is that you try to keep the format of the German plate in the text you choose rather than spelling out a custom word. I don't like it when the plate looks fake and speling out a word without keeping the proper format makes it look fake. A typical plate in Munich would start with the letter "M" and a space then two letters and another space and then four numbers. For example for my wife's X5 I did M SR 0697, the "M"=Munich, "SR"= her's and my first initials, "0697" the month and year we got married. So in a way it is customized (although it would only make sense to us), and at the same time it keeps the format of a Munich plate. Yes.....I know the plate on my car in my signature below does not follow that format of M, 2 letters and 4 numbers.....but that is because it is a temporary "export" plate that is put on car's that are going to be exported from Germany.

So if you wanted to spell out "Miss525i" you could choose something like M SS 5251 which would represent Miss525i and yet still have the look and format of a real German/Munich plate.

PS.....
Interesting. OK, then B EM DBIA--using numbers it would be B EM 4291.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='211958' date='Dec 16 2005, 06:27 AM
Defintely NOT. I live in the UK and our mandatory front number plates ruin the looks of all cars and esp the E60
Old 12-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Get something designer for yourself, something that expresses who your are. I guess its about 50/50 on whether to have a plate or the clean look. You go girl a decision can only be made by you.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I'd say get one and throw it in your rear window.
Attached Thumbnails Custom European license plate for my 525i-dsc02231.jpg  

Quick Reply: Custom European license plate for my 525i