E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CCC going dead soon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.
Default CCC going dead soon?

Hi

Just had a IDrive / NAV System / Audio system failure, where the CID just went completely black and all sound - including PDC - was gone. Even the controller wheel was all dead, with no force feedback....

I checked the fuse for the CCC , but it was ok. Also, the CD and DVD drive could load / unload discs, so at least parts of the CCC was alive.

I decided to hook up my ICOM tester to diagnose the problem. I decided to use both ICOM A and B. But when I took out the MOST connecter from the loop beneath the glove compartment, I saw that there was no light in the fiber. So obviously the CCC was not alive at all.

When I started the identification part of the ISTA/D, there was no CCC sub units detected.

For whatever reason, I decided to remove the CCC fuse while the ignition was on, and then reinserted it again. And guess what. BING the CCC etc was alive again!! Everything was working normally. A subsequent test with the ISTA/D had no errors....

Ok - so all is good right? Hmmmm - I am not sure. I have a feeling that the CCC is giving me the heads up that it is soon completely dead. Or what do you guys think? Anybody had similar problem?

I already started thinking about my options when/if it dies completely. I could get a pre-LCI CCC or maybe a LCI-CCC with the preset buttons. Or even go all the way getting a CIC with new controller and display.....
I have been reading through some of the threads for the CIC upgrade, and as I understand it, there are various issues when upgrading (Audio problems when having HiFi option, FSC codes/CAN Filter for NAV - not sure what is the best path, low audio volume from TCU bluetooth etc).
I can see from EBay, that some sellers are offering sets that are pre-configured to the car, but is that necessary when I have all the equipment to do NCSexpert coding and even ECU programming through WinKFP or ISTA/P (I do have experience doing coding, and feel confident using the tools).
Any input is appreciated.

Sorry for the long post :-)