E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCC unit reprogram help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2006
Default CCC unit reprogram help

I just got my ccc unit replaced few months ago at a shop but there are few things they can't figure out.. Took it in several times but still nothing. The voice command is not working and few other minor things... Anyone know a good shop where I could get this unit correctly programmed to my car? Prefer la area but will drive out to oc...
Old 09-13-2015, 06:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ixt
Default CCC unit reprogram help

For voice control, if the CCC was used, it will need to have the serial number that it came with replaced with yours. Then, you will need the voice control FSC "secret code" for your car's serial number. There is a disc image of serial numbers vs. FSC codes floating around the internet.

If your car had a MASK unit originally, and CCC was retrofitted, voice control won't work without paying BMW a HUGE amount of money (slightly south of $1000) to get a FSC code generated for your serial number.

You will need someone really knowledgeable to do the coding.

What else isn't working correctly? They should have done default coding in all five CCC modules to match it to your vehicle order. Everything that you had before except voice control should work after doing that. I retrofitted CCC from MASK to my E61, and added aux in, Sirius, an iPOD module, an HD (IBOC) radio module, and everything works, except voice control, because it isn't worth the cost to me.

Last edited by jal1234; 09-13-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jal1234
For voice control, if the CCC was used, it will need to have the serial number that it came with replaced with yours. Then, you will need the voice control FSC "secret code" for your car's serial number. There is a disc image of serial numbers vs. FSC codes floating around the internet.

If your car had a MASK unit originally, and CCC was retrofitted, voice control won't work without paying BMW a HUGE amount of money (slightly south of $1000) to get a FSC code generated for your serial number.

You will need someone really knowledgeable to do the coding.

What else isn't working correctly? They should have done default coding in all five CCC modules to match it to your vehicle order. Everything that you had before except voice control should work after doing that. I retrofitted CCC from MASK to my E61, and added aux in, Sirius, an iPOD module, an HD (IBOC) radio module, and everything works, except voice control, because it isn't worth the cost to me.
I originally had ccc They got a used unit and installed it and said they had to reprogram everything ...I told them voice command isn't working... I can't reset the ftm... The replacement unit has tpm greyed out... The Bluetooth is working but naming is different... I don't mind that as long as it's working... But I had a nail and got the ftm warning but can't reset it... Very annoying... Plus I used to use the voice command to call ppl.. Thanks for all the info and help!!

Last edited by ey2001; 09-14-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

You need to "reset" the module to match the car's vehicle order. In order to get the Voice Activation to work, you will also need to change the VIN in the CCC. Changing the VIN can be done with WinKFP but you need to have the diagnostic head that has the fiber optic interface.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Members

If I just take it to the dealer will they be able to fix the voice command and changing the tpm to ftm?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Originally Posted by ey2001
If I just take it to the dealer will they be able to fix the voice command and changing the tpm to ftm?
That's doubtful. They will most likely tell you that you cannot change the VIN in a used module. You need to find a competent independent shop that can do the programming. Once the VIN is updated and the CCC is set to match the car's vehicle order then you can obtain the service FSC to get voice control re-activated. The service FSC should be provided at no charge, but you will have to pay for the labor involved in programming the car.

You should ask around about shops that can do this work- I bet there are a dozen places in LA that can take care of this for you.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Members

Thank you so much for the info! Anyone know any good shops near Los Angeles area? I am willing to drive to Oc area also. I tried calling few shops in la but they don't do coding/programming. They all are telling me to go to dealer only.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:25 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530ixt

The dealers were provided with a DVD with original FSCs for cars produced prior to mid 2007. Do a search for "FSC Enabling Codes" on cartechnology.co.uk. It is arranged by the last seven digits of the VIN. It only provides enabling codes for options that came on the car from the factory. As stated previously, the serial number in the CCC will need to be changed to your VIN first. Most dealers will claim they can't do it, but a good indy coder should be able to.