E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Great job Bruce !

I'll post "Before & After" pics after the install with your cables.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I want to do some more testing before I take any more orders for this. Also would like to know how they fair on the field and get some feedback so that I can then roll these out well informed.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

GREAT JOB BRUCE!!!!

Always perfecting things!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I want to do some more testing before I take any more orders for this. Also would like to know how they fair on the field and get some feedback so that I can then roll these out well informed.
More testing? Do you have concerns?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

I have no concerns but I wouldn't want to send out a new product without testing it on my own car well for a period of time. I just consider it the right thing to do, especially for paying customers.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Bruce when are you fabricating a LCM? I have no doubts that you could come up with something...
Old 02-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I have no concerns but I wouldn't want to send out a new product without testing it on my own car well for a period of time. I just consider it the right thing to do, especially for paying customers.
Yes, SportzFan76 and I are the testing customers. I'll put together a DIY like I have on a couple of my other mods.

I knew there was a reason why I should pull the trigger and get a new DSLR camera.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bjsbuds
I knew there was a reason why I should pull the trigger and get a new DSLR camera.
A DSLR or similar is a must to get a decent comparison photo. There was no way my old compact was able to, my new Canon G11 handled it fine even on the automatic setting.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

This weekend I installed the Non-OEM LCI style tail lights on my car.
The install did include using Bruce's Cable(s) which is what makes these lights a success in my opinion.

The install is easy...you simply bypass a couple of connections on the tail lights and install Bruce's cable assembly. E60 Forum member Bjsbuds has posted a DIY with photos earlier this evening.

Some observations:
1. No OBC errors
2. The led rods do strobe briefly on ignition
3. The led blinkers illuminate in yellow and they are visibly quite bright
4. Installation is straight forward - fitment and finish is very nice

I'll try to post some additional pics with better quality soon - I snapped these tonight while the Colts were blowing the SB - plus its damn cold outide !
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
2. The led rods do strobe briefly on ignition
In that case the LED rods would have been Strobing even without my cables. I could have gotten rid of that as well but it increases the cost again significantly.

Quick Reply: Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights