5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/cables-non-oem-lci-look-tail-lights-93021/)

bruce_miranda 01-27-2010 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you have seen this thread you will see that there is now an option to buying cheaper lights that look like the OEM LCI tail-lights. However there are some serious design flaws with this product.

I have developed a completely plug and play cable that almost gets rid of all the issues and makes these cables look a lot better.
Attachment 98002

I'll let you guess which side has my cable attached. To make the comparision look fair I've removed the brake bulbs from the side without my cable, ofcourse on the side that uses my cable you don't need to remove the brake bulbs because they are off until the Brakes are pressed.

The first two sets will be going out to two lucky owners this week. But I just thought I'd show you how the set looks.

Attachment 98001

D33ZNUT5 01-27-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda (Post 1099308)
If you have seen this thread you will see that there is now an option to buying cheaper lights that look like the OEM LCI tail-lights. However there are some serious design flaws with this product.

I have developed a completely plug and play cable that almost gets rid of all the issues and makes these cables look a lot better.
Attachment 98002

I'll let you guess which side has my cable attached. To make the comparision look fair I've removed the brake bulbs from the side without my cable, ofcourse on the side that uses my cable you don't need to remove the brake bulbs because they are off until the Brakes are pressed.

The first two sets will be going out to two lucky owners this week. But I just thought I'd show you how the set looks.

Attachment 98001

Yours has to be the one on the left, cables make an amazing difference or a bad camera angle on the ones without the cable :thumbsup: .

Now we need to see OEM LCI vs your cable in a pic, and keep it clean this is a car forum :twoup:

TakmaN 01-27-2010 02:31 PM

I'm sure these pictures will draw more interest and buyers :). I'm on the fence right now, mainly because I really shouldn't be spending any more money. But wow, these look pretty darn good and definitely worth the $400 savings over an OEM LCI setup. The only difference is the reverse light is in a different spot and the LED rods don't wrap around the entire tail-light.

Good job!

redEYEjedi 01-27-2010 02:48 PM

I actually prefer that the non-OEM versions moved the reverse lights so now they are cleanly incorporated with the turn signal area. The OEM's have the random rectangle that somewhat distracts from the flow of the lines.

Either way, great job Bruce. :clap: :twoup: :dance:

SoCalBimmer 01-27-2010 03:19 PM

I don't how to PM yet, but i want to buy a pair. Where to i paypal the money to

SoCalBimmer 01-27-2010 03:19 PM

I don't how to PM yet, but i want to buy a pair. Where do i paypal the money to

Alpine White Girl 01-27-2010 04:01 PM

am I the only one who hasnt seen a posted price? i dont think i missed it but if i did someone be sure to post the price of the cables.

bruce_miranda 01-28-2010 12:12 AM

The price is £125 + p&p which is £25 via DHL express shipping. You can combine shipping with people in your area if you want because it only costs me £5 more per extra cableset in the same package.

bjsbuds 01-28-2010 03:14 AM

Paid via PayPal

SoCalBimmer 01-28-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda (Post 1099646)
The price is £125 + p&p which is £25 via DHL express shipping. You can combine shipping with people in your area if you want because it only costs me £5 more per extra cableset in the same package.

so I can just paypal you $210 and what is your paypal?