5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/cables-non-oem-lci-look-tail-lights-93021/)

sportzfan76 01-28-2010 11:47 AM

Great job Bruce !

I'll post "Before & After" pics after the install with your cables.

bruce_miranda 01-28-2010 01:59 PM

I want to do some more testing before I take any more orders for this. Also would like to know how they fair on the field and get some feedback so that I can then roll these out well informed.

John@Motorcepts 01-28-2010 06:36 PM

GREAT JOB BRUCE!!!! :notworthy: :dance: :hyper: :clap:

Always perfecting things!

UncleFodder 01-29-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda (Post 1100023)
I want to do some more testing before I take any more orders for this. Also would like to know how they fair on the field and get some feedback so that I can then roll these out well informed.

More testing? Do you have concerns?

bruce_miranda 01-29-2010 09:02 AM

I have no concerns but I wouldn't want to send out a new product without testing it on my own car well for a period of time. I just consider it the right thing to do, especially for paying customers.

zerocool 01-29-2010 04:51 PM

Bruce when are you fabricating a LCM? I have no doubts that you could come up with something...

bjsbuds 02-02-2010 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda (Post 1100502)
I have no concerns but I wouldn't want to send out a new product without testing it on my own car well for a period of time. I just consider it the right thing to do, especially for paying customers.

Yes, SportzFan76 and I are the testing customers. I'll put together a DIY like I have on a couple of my other mods.

I knew there was a reason why I should pull the trigger and get a new DSLR camera. :smile:

bruce_miranda 02-02-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by bjsbuds (Post 1102586)
I knew there was a reason why I should pull the trigger and get a new DSLR camera. :smile:

A DSLR or similar is a must to get a decent comparison photo. There was no way my old compact was able to, my new Canon G11 handled it fine even on the automatic setting.

sportzfan76 02-07-2010 06:23 PM

This weekend I installed the Non-OEM LCI style tail lights on my car.
The install did include using Bruce's Cable(s) which is what makes these lights a success in my opinion.

The install is easy...you simply bypass a couple of connections on the tail lights and install Bruce's cable assembly. E60 Forum member Bjsbuds has posted a DIY with photos earlier this evening.

Some observations:
1. No OBC errors
2. The led rods do strobe briefly on ignition
3. The led blinkers illuminate in yellow and they are visibly quite bright
4. Installation is straight forward - fitment and finish is very nice

I'll try to post some additional pics with better quality soon - I snapped these tonight while the Colts were blowing the SB - plus its damn cold outide !

bruce_miranda 02-08-2010 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by sportzfan76 (Post 1106446)
2. The led rods do strobe briefly on ignition

In that case the LED rods would have been Strobing even without my cables. I could have gotten rid of that as well but it increases the cost again significantly.