E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

If you have seen this thread you will see that there is now an option to buying cheaper lights that look like the OEM LCI tail-lights. However there are some serious design flaws with this product.

I have developed a completely plug and play cable that almost gets rid of all the issues and makes these cables look a lot better.
Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights-img_0099.jpg

I'll let you guess which side has my cable attached. To make the comparision look fair I've removed the brake bulbs from the side without my cable, ofcourse on the side that uses my cable you don't need to remove the brake bulbs because they are off until the Brakes are pressed.

The first two sets will be going out to two lucky owners this week. But I just thought I'd show you how the set looks.

Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights-img_0092.jpg
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
If you have seen this thread you will see that there is now an option to buying cheaper lights that look like the OEM LCI tail-lights. However there are some serious design flaws with this product.

I have developed a completely plug and play cable that almost gets rid of all the issues and makes these cables look a lot better.
Attachment 98002

I'll let you guess which side has my cable attached. To make the comparision look fair I've removed the brake bulbs from the side without my cable, ofcourse on the side that uses my cable you don't need to remove the brake bulbs because they are off until the Brakes are pressed.

The first two sets will be going out to two lucky owners this week. But I just thought I'd show you how the set looks.

Attachment 98001
Yours has to be the one on the left, cables make an amazing difference or a bad camera angle on the ones without the cable .

Now we need to see OEM LCI vs your cable in a pic, and keep it clean this is a car forum
Old 01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I'm sure these pictures will draw more interest and buyers . I'm on the fence right now, mainly because I really shouldn't be spending any more money. But wow, these look pretty darn good and definitely worth the $400 savings over an OEM LCI setup. The only difference is the reverse light is in a different spot and the LED rods don't wrap around the entire tail-light.

Good job!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Contributors

I actually prefer that the non-OEM versions moved the reverse lights so now they are cleanly incorporated with the turn signal area. The OEM's have the random rectangle that somewhat distracts from the flow of the lines.

Either way, great job Bruce.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I don't how to PM yet, but i want to buy a pair. Where to i paypal the money to
Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Contributors

I don't how to PM yet, but i want to buy a pair. Where do i paypal the money to
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Contributors

am I the only one who hasnt seen a posted price? i dont think i missed it but if i did someone be sure to post the price of the cables.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The price is £125 + p&p which is £25 via DHL express shipping. You can combine shipping with people in your area if you want because it only costs me £5 more per extra cableset in the same package.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Paid via PayPal
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
The price is £125 + p&p which is £25 via DHL express shipping. You can combine shipping with people in your area if you want because it only costs me £5 more per extra cableset in the same package.
so I can just paypal you $210 and what is your paypal?

Quick Reply: Cables for the Non OEM LCI Look Tail-lights