E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bodykit fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys im looking to get an mtech bodykit from Umnitza for my 2008 535i. Hows the fitment from there? i notice many of you have the mtech kit so any input would be appreciated. are their kits really labor intensive or pretty much bolt on real easy?

Mahalo
Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Mine is on order and should be arriving very soon. I'll paint them and then install so will let you know. I hear all looks pretty good except for the rockers, they are a bit short but I will see if there is an adjustment to get them looking they way they should.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just recommend to spend the little extra to get the OEM M-tech. If you do run into issues the amount you spend in trying to make it work equals the amount you would of spent on an OEM one with no issues. That's just me!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

No fitment issues with the OEM kit and it includes all necessary internal conversion parts depoending on what options your car has. I've made several posts on this topic since I recently had it done and did hit one snag (but it had nothing to do with the kit itself). Do a search and gather info before you make a decision.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Thanks guys I was looking into Umnitzas Because I'm taking front bumper of mtech and rear bumper of M5 I asked dealer what they could do for the OEM kit and M5 bumper they said first that it couldn't be done THEN said it'll charge me extra so I was disappointed but I found Umnitzas carried what I wanted. I intend to do the quad exhaust as well. Which is why I wanted the M5 rear If you have any suggestion I'd really appreciate your help and experience. I appreciate all your inputs so far.

@Tony b635- look forward to hearing how your kit went=)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Thanks guys I was looking into Umnitzas Because I'm taking front bumper of mtech and rear bumper of M5 I asked dealer what they could do for the OEM kit and M5 bumper they said first that it couldn't be done THEN said it'll charge me extra so I was disappointed but I found Umnitzas carried what I wanted. I intend to do the quad exhaust as well. Which is why I wanted the M5 rear If you have any suggestion I'd really appreciate your help and experience. I appreciate all your inputs so far.

@Tony b635- look forward to hearing how your kit went=)
Tony,

First of all the M5 rear bumper will fit with no problem if you were going to do quads during the time of the install of the rear bumper. You would need to take out the stock exhaust canister of course for the M5 rear to fit, but besides from that the dealer don't have a clue what there talking about. The M5 rear is an direct fit to our E60 without any modifications you may need to buy some holding brackets for the M5 in the rear if you want the OEM fit. I just slapped on the M5 rear with my original brackets and they work fine with no issues. As for the M-tech front from Umnitza's will be fine which may save you some bucks for the paint. All I know is OEM kit comes with all necessary bumper support and brackets, screws, foglights etc .
Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Hey guys im looking to get an mtech bodykit from Umnitza for my 2008 535i. Hows the fitment from there? i notice many of you have the mtech kit so any input would be appreciated. are their kits really labor intensive or pretty much bolt on real easy?

Mahalo
Nice, someone from Hawaii! I grew up in Kailua and my entire family still lives there. I'm living in Portland, OR now though. I just drove up to Seattle from Portland this past weekend to watch the UH vs UW game.

Anyway, one problem I see is that Umnitza usually uses greyhound to ship their larger products, which is reason for their low cost. Clearly, greyhound will not be an option in this case. Expect on spending quite a bit on shipping. (Unfortunately living/have lived in Hawaii we are already used to paying a premium for pretty much everything). As for fitment, you really shouldn't have any major issues; maybe a few tweaks here and there but all in all a great product.

And as another member has already mentioned, you'll want to take your time and do your research to make sure you are getting exactly what you want at a price that is reasonable.

Lastly, any reason why you wanted to go with the Umnitza mtech front? Many here have gone with Umnitza's M5tech and have been happy with it (that's what I went with). I don't really care for the two lines that sort of interrupt the flow of the front end on both the passenger and driver sides that are found on the OEM mtech front and umnitza's replica mtech.

Whatever you decide, be sure to keep us posted and it's pretty much forum policy to post pics when you have it installed, lol.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cwest
I know is OEM kit comes with all necessary bumper support and brackets, screws, foglights etc .
Sorry, do you mean that the kit from Umnitza will not have the brackets and necessary support screws? Umnitzas mtech allows me to choose to have the foglight housing included for an additional cost that is still cheaper than OEM. Where did you get your kit from?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

OEM MTECH all the way. If you're going for the M5 rear, go OEM as well on that. The M5 Rep rear has a sag (actually bends up) between the exhaust tips where it should be straight.

You can see the bend here:

http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1329
Old 09-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the aftermarket M5Tech front and MTech rear. Please search for my posts for pictures.

The M5Tech front looks great, w/ fitment issues that I can live with. In addition, all parts are included.

The MTech rear, on the other hand, has a lot of issues.
1. It's missing all the support pieces, resulting in an unsecured diffuser. I'm currently ordering the parts from BMW and we'll see.
2. In addition, the bumper fitment itself is off by 4-5 mm on the left hand side (when looking at the car from the rear). I would have gone OEM for the rear.

If you do get aftermarket parts, MAKE sure the shop you're using sand down the piece before paint. There are some bumps/edges that my shop could have easily removed but didn't.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Bodykit fitment