E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bodykit fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Attachment 134390
heres quick photo update
That looks great, could we use that photo on our site?

Originally Posted by Anthracite530i
Your car looks AWESOME! Just another website that has M5 style kits and M-tech is Trinityautosport.com. They can deliver right to the auto body shop, no need for Greyhound.
Not sure if this was directed at us or not, but Greyhound, Pilot Freight, and even Fedex are options for our customers. Most choose greyhound due to the superior cost savings, and the fact that we match or beat any price for similar products.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by umnitza
That looks great, could we use that photo on our site?

Hey I just sent some pictures to Matt and he put them up yesterday

As for my downpipes guys. Didnt snap too many pictures however i can do a quick write up here.

Keep in mind this was done on my lift. I do not accept any responsibility of what happens to your car as a result of following my DIY its my experience with my car im just sharing what i went through to get my AR Design catless downpipes in.

First of course take off the undershield and the metal plate under the undershield. That gives you full access to the downpipe.
Next go above the engine and take off the engine cover you should see the pre cat o2 sensor there, disconnect it, then back under the car take off the o2 Sensor wires from their bracket and disconnect them. As a general rule of thumb we dont want to twist those wires as much as possible for a short could occur.

Next Loosen your exhaust so you can pull it away after you take off the nuts (The ones for my stock dps came off easy) on the stock downpipes.

Extensions are a must on this job along with a steady U joint and flashlight.

Once the stock downpipes are away from your section 2(midpipe) start tackling the downpipes.

The first downpipe for me was easy, that was the rear turbo. The way the turbos connect to the downpipes is via a V clamp with one bolt that goes through, Small hands are a plus, the first downpipe had the bolt staring right at me so i took that off and the rear stock downpipe was able to be wiggled out. Keep in mind that as soon as it comes off remove the o2 sensors because you dont want the dp to be dangling off the o2 sensor wire ouch!

Next depending on where BMW put their bolt for the front turbo you will have to use the U joint and extension to unscrew the bolt. there is a very tiny hole that looks at the bolt right next to an engine mount under the car. i used my ratchet and u joint to unscrew the V clamp bolt and wiggle the front downpipe out.

Whew thats a lot of work,
Now get your catted/catless downpipes (mine are catless)
Next i connected the o2 sensorsto the front turbo downpipe and however i got an oil drain plug and plugged the precat o2 sensor of the rear downpipe, i did this because on my first attempt the downpipe did not fit with the precat in. Then go above the car make sure the wire did not pull to far back you can now recconnect the pre cat wires and button up the engine bay. I have JB4 so it turns off the CEL for those anyways. i cable (ziptied)tied that o2 securely to a part of the car that doesnt have exposure.

Next I had m friends and my dad help me and we isntalled them in the oppposite order that we took them off in. we first intalled the front downpipe, leaving the v clamp a little loose to be able to turn/adjust the downpipe, then put the rear dp in. tightened up the V clamps and connected the o2 wires then pulled the exhaust back which didnt line up perfect but we were able to make it fit, and once that was done, put the bolts back in for your exhaust make sure all the brackets are tight and then button her up and go!

Review of the catless downpipes, at first start up it sounds like a machine almost like a dubstep thing, then the turbos really become obvious when you tap the gas. turbo lag becomes non existant and the spool is really nice. i put it in 6th gear cruising and put it to the floor not past kick down though, and you could hear it spool up very nicely without the exhaust killing the sound. from a dig the car feels much more stronger boost happens much quicker. the sound was really cool. it didnt make my car overly loud though (running catless exhaust going to umnitzas quad exhaust.) and city driving with the windows up and radio, not loud, is really nice you can slightly hear the spool of the turbo come up. windows down, sounds powerful! hope this helps guys sorry no pics
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

BTW guys my car took second at Spocom 2012 in Hawaii for best bmw, was beat my buddy with his e46 m3 cabrio. great show!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

from the show!Bodykit fitment-spocom.jpg
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

some of Team BMW Hawaii in attendance.

Bodykit fitment-team-bmw-hi.jpg
Old 08-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Congratulations the car looks very clean!

- Antti -
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

car looking nice and clean brotha! glad to see you reppin it hard on the shows
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Thanks Anzafin, we worked really hard getting everything set and dropping the car a little for a show stance and then putting on the Hamman splitter.

Hey Justin Thanks bro, your car is doing great as well. As always an inspiration to us. Dang that front bumper looks sweet! im must say that that car is no longer in my garage anymore.

This is my new baby its a 2011 e90 M3 with DCT and ZCP
Bodykit fitment-07.29.2012.jpg
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Thanks Anzafin, we worked really hard getting everything set and dropping the car a little for a show stance and then putting on the Hamman splitter.

Hey Justin Thanks bro, your car is doing great as well. As always an inspiration to us. Dang that front bumper looks sweet! im must say that that car is no longer in my garage anymore.

This is my new baby its a 2011 e90 M3 with DCT and ZCP
Attachment 135496
grats on the new ride!! a lot of potential for mods
enjoy it and drive it safe
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

Thanks Justin!

Quick Reply: Bodykit fitment