E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bodykit fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Nice, someone from Hawaii! I grew up in Kailua and my entire family still lives there. I'm living in Portland, OR now though. I just drove up to Seattle from Portland this past weekend to watch the UH vs UW game.

Anyway, one problem I see is that Umnitza usually uses greyhound to ship their larger products, which is reason for their low cost. Clearly, greyhound will not be an option in this case. Expect on spending quite a bit on shipping. (Unfortunately living/have lived in Hawaii we are already used to paying a premium for pretty much everything). As for fitment, you really shouldn't have any major issues; maybe a few tweaks here and there but all in all a great product.

And as another member has already mentioned, you'll want to take your time and do your research to make sure you are getting exactly what you want at a price that is reasonable.

Lastly, any reason why you wanted to go with the Umnitza mtech front? Many here have gone with Umnitza's M5tech and have been happy with it (that's what I went with). I don't really care for the two lines that sort of interrupt the flow of the front end on both the passenger and driver sides that are found on the OEM mtech front and umnitza's replica mtech.

Whatever you decide, be sure to keep us posted and it's pretty much forum policy to post pics when you have it installed, lol.
WOW AWESOME! another local! haha that was a rough game. oh i didnt know that about Umnitza's shipping, thanks for the heads up ill keep that in mind. The company Umnitza gave me great service on my Angel eyes for my previous car (33oci zhp) as well as the matching HID Foglight kit even for warrantying my parts, they gave me good service as to replace them. I respect the company for honoring their warranty. As to why the mtech kit i wanted to keep my fog lights, for the look haha. how true i do not know but i heard that some people who did a full M5 front bumper had issues with their computer saying the fog lights were out. in addition to the mtech front bumper i was going to also get the Hamman replica splitter and it looks really nice on the mtech one i think. haha yes i will post pics=)
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
WOW AWESOME! another local! haha that was a rough game. oh i didnt know that about Umnitza's shipping, thanks for the heads up ill keep that in mind. The company Umnitza gave me great service on my Angel eyes for my previous car (33oci zhp) as well as the matching HID Foglight kit even for warrantying my parts, they gave me good service as to replace them. I respect the company for honoring their warranty. As to why the mtech kit i wanted to keep my fog lights, for the look haha. how true i do not know but i heard that some people who did a full M5 front bumper had issues with their computer saying the fog lights were out. in addition to the mtech front bumper i was going to also get the Hamman replica splitter and it looks really nice on the mtech one i think. haha yes i will post pics=)

If you're thinking about getting a splitter, then I would definately go for OEM. After markets or reps design their products based on dimensions of OEM parts, not replicas.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by peachykonan
I have the aftermarket M5Tech front and MTech rear. Please search for my posts for pictures.

The M5Tech front looks great, w/ fitment issues that I can live with. In addition, all parts are included.

The MTech rear, on the other hand, has a lot of issues.
1. It's missing all the support pieces, resulting in an unsecured diffuser. I'm currently ordering the parts from BMW and we'll see.
2. In addition, the bumper fitment itself is off by 4-5 mm on the left hand side (when looking at the car from the rear). I would have gone OEM for the rear.

If you do get aftermarket parts, MAKE sure the shop you're using sand down the piece before paint. There are some bumps/edges that my shop could have easily removed but didn't.

Good luck.
what kind of fitment issues did you experience installing tthe mtech front?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Sorry, do you mean that the kit from Umnitza will not have the brackets and necessary support screws? Umnitzas mtech allows me to choose to have the foglight housing included for an additional cost that is still cheaper than OEM. Where did you get your kit from?
My are all OEM parts. I've went thru all the body kits from M-tech to M5tech which Umnitza sells. I personally prefer the OEM one better cause of quality and fitment.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
If you're thinking about getting a splitter, then I would definately go for OEM. After markets or reps design their products based on dimensions of OEM parts, not replicas.
ohhh yikes thats something to consider. thanks for that
Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Thanks for looking at our products again

Wanted to let you know the USPS will accept the bumper (front) and the exhaust for shipping.
They will not however accept the rear bumper as it's significantly over the size limits.

Obviously greyhound is not going to drive their bus on a tanker ship to deliver some passengers or bumpers

Recently, for the US 48 we have begun offering door to door services:
60-90 for US Domestic Business Addresses
90-120 for US Domestic Residential Addresses
We even ship Fedex to Canada, but those rates vary from as little as $150 to BC to as high as $275 for 1 bumper going to Calgary.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

True, however Umnitza's Hamman replica splitter will only fit the Umnitza replica M5tech front and not the OEM mtech front (I'm pretty certain but hope others will confirm). So if you go this route, you should be okay.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I vaguely recall a thread where someone was trying to get a Hamman replica from Umnitza but was not able to get one. Since Umnitza is on this thread I hope they'll comment on that. Also, someone said that the Hamman rep was so low that it almost made it impractical for the car to be daily driven.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

I vaguely recall a thread where someone was trying to get a Hamman replica from Umnitza but was not able to get one. Since Umnitza is on this thread I hope they'll comment on that. Also, someone said that the Hamman rep was so low that it almost made it impractical for the car to be daily driven.
Yes, I pm'd Matt a few weeks ago inquiring about the replica lip and he said they didn't have any available but might get a new shipment in a month or so.

I agree 100% about the lip being impractical for a DD. With that said, I think it's worth the risk. I finally got to see the lip mounted in person and it looks amazing.
If a Hartge rep was available for the Umnitza/Trinity front bumper, I'd be all over that.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kaizen
If a Hartge rep was available for the Umnitza/Trinity front bumper, I'd be all over that.

That will never happen :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Bodykit fitment