E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX input, What is the part number?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: First Vehicle: 2004 545I, Silver Gray Metallic Exterior with Gray Interior & Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Sports Suspension w/Dynamic Drive, Logic 7, Heads-up Display, Voice Input, 6 Disc CD Changer in Glove Box, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Comfort Seats, Fold-down Rear Seats, Professional Navigation System, Winter Package with Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Heated Seats, Rear Side Airbags, Powered Sunblind for Rear Window, Manual Rear Side Sunblinds, Universal Remote Control, Interior/Exterior Anti-dazzle Mirrors, Satellite Tuner Prep, Passport SR-1 Remote Radar Detector, Aux Stereo Input, Wood shift knob, XM Radio Second Vehicle: 2004 X5 4.8IS

Sorry, haven't been back to the site for a while. Well, I took my 545 back into Bill Jacobs to have the Aux Input worked on. Bill Jacobs said they spent hours on the phone with their tech support line and said they think that they could get it to work, but they wanted another $200.00 for the additional reprograming time. Anyway, I authorized it and they did the work and it works great. Finally, I have my tunes the way I want them. Unfortunately it cost me $450.00

Originally Posted by Cryokid' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:00 PM
Took my 545 into Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville, IL for a software recall (dealer said they installed version 13.3) and Aux Input install.? Originally they said the adapter wasn't available until I took the instructions and part number that I down loaded from this site in and showed them.

They had the car for two days and waited until 3:00pm on the second day to try and install the Aux Adapter. ? When I called to see how everything was proceeding, they said that the computer recognized the adapter, but that they couldn't get any signal from my mp3 player.? I picked my car up (got really tired of driving the loaner Buick) and said that I'd be back if the computer failed to recognize and play the Aux line in.

I reset my computer and still no signal.? Very frustrating.?

I can't believe that they went to all that trouble to install version 13.3 when version 15 is out and that they can't install a simple accessory.? All of this for $250 out of my wallet. :'(
[snapback]81766[/snapback]