E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone know the part number of a good button

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I'm planning to build a Handfree Mic mute button because thats a feature that I find badly missing. Once your mobile is hidden in the cradle there is no way to mute the microphone via the iDrive. What I'm after is a push button switch that I can install next to the SOS button near the handsfree and voice control microphones. I'd just like to get a stock look so was after some button that will look the part, I don't really care what the button icon says. However it must be a hard push button instead of a soft button. e.g. must be like the SOS button instead of the other buttons on the steering wheel etc.
I found a post that has buttons that may work http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=250303 but need to know the part number for that and if its a click push button.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

If you can't find one of those traffic master buttons, why not just use another SOS button?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

That was going to be my default option. But thats a lot of money to pay for a button.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530xi

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='396758' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:59 AM
That was going to be my default option. But thats a lot of money to pay for a button.
Yeh, it's ridiculous. Went to the dealership and they wanted $80 CAD for a button, ridiculous. It might be cheaper if you try for an E90 SOS button. But I doubt it will be significantly cheaper.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT
Thumbs down

these might be an option there bmw individual.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the part number of a good button-227.png  
Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Anyone know the part number of a good button-201.png
Anyone know the part number of a good button-223.png
i think its possible there are variations of this light switch so maybe add another button instead of reostat for hud dimmer.
also if you maybe able to use streering wheel button.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Contributors

I did look at them but most buttons on the car seem to be soft buttons i.e. the make and break circuit is actually controlled via a separate controller, all the button does is tell the controller the new on-off state. I need a button that will literally break/make a circuit. Hence my choice for the SOS button, can you think of another anywhere on the car that has the same function?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='396876' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:50 PM
I did look at them but most buttons on the car seem to be soft buttons i.e. the make and break circuit is actually controlled via a separate controller, all the button does is tell the controller the new on-off state. I need a button that will literally break/make a circuit. Hence my choice for the SOS button, can you think of another anywhere on the car that has the same function?
Bruce, are you sure the SOS button stays closed? I haven't pressed it more than once or twice but I'd be surprised if you have to press it once for on and once again for off...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='396876' date='Feb 28 2007, 10:50 PM
yes i see the problem,thinking too logical again,had a look at my light switch ,i have the hud display switch under the front spot light switch instead of a rotary turn it is propably a soft switch also in that case. but do you have a blank there? or a rotary each side as my post picture before.picture. shows centre turn knob ,front ,rear fog,2 rotary turn nobs.
my car has hud on off push button instead of one of rotary dimmers.

i think a cheap on off switch mounted in the roof using a housing from airbag switch adapted might be possible ,as your very adept at the modeling side.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396885' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:15 PM
Bruce, are you sure the SOS button stays closed? I haven't pressed it more than once or twice but I'd be surprised if you have to press it once for on and once again for off...
I don't know to be honest but its the only one called push button instead of a switch hence my hopes on that one.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the part number of a good button