E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone have US '06 with Aux Input Working???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

The connection is a normal miniature stereo jack, and it is mounted in the back of the flashlight bay in the glove compartment. The cost was about $85 for the part (I forgot I could have asked for a BMW CCA discount!) and the labor was about $185... Seems a little steep, but I think it is within what others have spent...

Cheers, Jon.
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:55 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I paid $64 for part (after 10% BMWCCA disct) and $140 labor. 3.5mm mini stereo jack.
Old 07-07-2005 | 08:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i MY2004, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Interior Euro Red Reflectors, AUX input, CIP 18.1
Angry

I took my car to the dealer for AUX input yesterday and my SA told me it won't be ready until tomorrow. 3 days for software installation seems excessive. :bashwall:

Here is my question: Is it common to have 'software problem' when adding AUX input? It does not seem to be model/year dependent.... :'(
Old 07-07-2005 | 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Hey Aaron, can you tell me who's going to win the World Series, Super Bowl, etc. this year? Also, will we have a mild winter in 2005? How will the market do? Any stock tips you can share with us? Do cars fly in the future?

(Just having some fun -- check your delivery date in your signature...

Originally Posted by Aaron's signature
Delivered (June 2, 2006): 2006 525i - 6spd Manual: Alpine White, Auburn Leather, Poplar Wood; Cold Pkg; Sport Pkg; Premium Pkg; Sunshades; Navigation; Sat Radio; Xenons...
Old 07-07-2005 | 08:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Originally Posted by MooWan' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:22 PM
I took my car to the dealer for AUX input yesterday and my SA told me it won't be ready until tomorrow.? 3 days for software installation seems excessive.? :bashwall:

Here is my question: Is it common to have 'software problem' when adding AUX input?? It does not seem to be model/year dependent....? :'(
[snapback]146804[/snapback]
They had problems with mine, but I don't know if it was specifically the aux input or the fact that they were upgrading all the software in the car and maybe some other controller had a problem... the SA was not too technical in his explanation...

Jon.
Old 07-08-2005 | 08:14 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by MooWan' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:22 PM
I took my car to the dealer for AUX input yesterday and my SA told me it won't be ready until tomorrow.? 3 days for software installation seems excessive.? :bashwall:

Here is my question: Is it common to have 'software problem' when adding AUX input?? It does not seem to be model/year dependent....? :'(
[snapback]146804[/snapback]
When my aux input was installed, they upgraded to 17.01. I didn't ask for an upgrade, so I assume they did it because it was necessary to activate aux input.
Old 07-08-2005 | 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Aaron, can you tell me who's going to win the World Series, Super Bowl, etc. this year?? Also, will we have a mild winter in 2005?? How will the market do?? Any stock tips you can share with us?? Do cars fly in the future?

(Just having some fun -- check your delivery date in your signature...

[quote name='Aaron's signature']Delivered (June 2, 2006): 2006 525i - 6spd Manual: Alpine White, Auburn Leather, Poplar Wood; Cold Pkg; Sport Pkg; Premium Pkg; Sunshades; Navigation; Sat Radio; Xenons...
[snapback]146810[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good eye Rudy...you would be the one to catch it!!! I will update this, well, now!!!

As for the the aux input, my car goes back in on the 18th. I have to get my fender bender fixed the week of the 11th. My SA said they got info from BMW on some things to try to get my aux input to work. I think they'll upgrade my software and reinstall the aux input software and go from there. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get the car back. I'm going to let them keep it as long as they like (keep miles down on my baby). My i-drive was resetting and the system was shutting down, so I think it was software related and not just an aux input problem.

When they didn't fix mine, I got my car back for the weekend, and told them to give me a call when they were ready for it. Other than that, I've had no problem with the car. All functions (that i've tested so far) work beautifully.
Old 07-08-2005 | 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

So you won't be able to tell us about the future after all? Shucks, I was ready to quit my job!
Old 07-08-2005 | 09:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i MY2004, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Interior Euro Red Reflectors, AUX input, CIP 18.1
Angry

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 8 2005, 09:14 AM
When my aux input was installed, they upgraded to 17.01.? I didn't ask for an upgrade, so I assume they did it because it was necessary to activate aux input.
[snapback]146971[/snapback]
After 3 days of 'software upgrade', AUX finally showed up on the IDrive, but still no sound when hooking up a MP3 player using the mini jack. Could this be a software issue? (My SA said CIP 16.1)

More bad news...

The LEDs next to the headlight are now dead. :'( Guess one more trip to the dealership next week.
Old 07-09-2005 | 08:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MooWan' date='Jul 8 2005, 10:50 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Jul 8 2005, 09:14 AM']When my aux input was installed, they upgraded to 17.01.? I didn't ask for an upgrade, so I assume they did it because it was necessary to activate aux input.
[snapback]146971[/snapback]
After 3 days of 'software upgrade', AUX finally showed up on the IDrive, but still no sound when hooking up a MP3 player using the mini jack. Could this be a software issue? (My SA said CIP 16.1)

More bad news...

The LEDs next to the headlight are now dead. :'( Guess one more trip to the dealership next week.
[snapback]147161[/snapback]
[/quote]

The instructions call for removing the wires from the connector and reinserting in different pin locations--perhaps they didn't do it?

Quick Reply: Anyone have US '06 with Aux Input Working???