E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone have US '06 with Aux Input Working???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005 | 05:57 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by jacisner' date='Jun 29 2005, 04:02 PM
I've programmed one of my steering wheel buttons as "Next Entertainment Source", but for some reason, everything shows up but "Aux".
[snapback]144361[/snapback]
Same with my '05 545i. Even when using aux as input, if I scroll with the steering wheel button, it goes through the various inputs, but never comes back to aux.
Old 07-01-2005 | 03:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Aux input installation update...

This sucks - I take the car in at 8am to have this installed. Finally, at 4pm, they call and say that they can't install the software and they won't get a new version from BMW until Tuesday!!! So now I have a long holiday weekend and will not be able to drive the 5. Grrrr - I'm unhappy, that's for sure!
Old 07-03-2005 | 12:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jun 29 2005, 06:57 PM
[quote name='jacisner' date='Jun 29 2005, 04:02 PM']I've programmed one of my steering wheel buttons as "Next Entertainment Source", but for some reason, everything shows up but "Aux".
Same with my '05 545i. Even when using aux as input, if I scroll with the steering wheel button, it goes through the various inputs, but never comes back to aux.
[snapback]144409[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is there an Aux option for '05 545i w/ Nav? I was told that there wasn't.
Old 07-03-2005 | 07:10 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by joeglo' date='Jul 3 2005, 01:52 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Jun 29 2005, 06:57 PM'][quote name='jacisner' date='Jun 29 2005, 04:02 PM']I've programmed one of my steering wheel buttons as "Next Entertainment Source", but for some reason, everything shows up but "Aux".
[snapback]144409[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is there an Aux option for '05 545i w/ Nav? I was told that there wasn't.
[snapback]145464[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have nav...so the answer is yes! I remember when I was shopping for my car, one dealer told me you couldn't have bluetooth with nav...I have both!
Old 07-05-2005 | 02:57 PM
Members

Just got my '06 530i back after having the aux input installed... it was delayed because they had trouble upgrading the software (apparently, all the various controllers got an upgrade)... I asked the SA but he did not know the version numer... "the very latest" is what he said.

Anyway, it works as expected... Aux shows up in the top-line Entertainment menu and is included in the "next input" cycle actuated by the steering wheel button. When selected by iDrive, it gives you access to a tone/balance menu to set it up how you like.

Cheers, Jon.
Old 07-05-2005 | 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:57 PM
Just got my '06 530i back after having the aux input installed... it was delayed because they had trouble upgrading the software (apparently, all the various controllers got an upgrade)... I asked the SA but he did not know the version numer... "the very latest" is what he said.

Anyway, it works as expected... Aux shows up in the top-line Entertainment menu and is included in the "next input" cycle actuated by the steering wheel button.? When selected by iDrive, it gives you access to a tone/balance menu to set it up how you like.

Cheers, Jon.
[snapback]146086[/snapback]
My aux input shows up in iDrive, but when I cycle with the steering wheel button, starting at aux input, it will cycle through the various inputs, but aux input will not show up again. Can you start with aux input, and cycle with the steeering wheel button, and get back to aux input?
Old 07-05-2005 | 05:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 5 2005, 05:00 PM
[quote name='jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:57 PM']Just got my '06 530i back after having the aux input installed... it was delayed because they had trouble upgrading the software (apparently, all the various controllers got an upgrade)... I asked the SA but he did not know the version numer... "the very latest" is what he said.

Anyway, it works as expected... Aux shows up in the top-line Entertainment menu and is included in the "next input" cycle actuated by the steering wheel button.? When selected by iDrive, it gives you access to a tone/balance menu to set it up how you like.

Cheers, Jon.
My aux input shows up in iDrive, but when I cycle with the steering wheel button, starting at aux input, it will cycle through the various inputs, but aux input will not show up again. Can you start with aux input, and cycle with the steeering wheel button, and get back to aux input?
[snapback]146089[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think so, but I will check this explicitly the next time I'm in the car and will post the results... Jon.
Old 07-05-2005 | 07:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 06:11 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Jul 5 2005, 05:00 PM'][quote name='jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:57 PM']Just got my '06 530i back after having the aux input installed... it was delayed because they had trouble upgrading the software (apparently, all the various controllers got an upgrade)... I asked the SA but he did not know the version numer... "the very latest" is what he said.

Cheers, Jon.
[/quote]

I think so, but I will check this explicitly the next time I'm in the car and will post the results... Jon.
[snapback]146097[/snapback]
[/quote]

Following up... Yup, if I start in Aux via iDrive, I can cycle with the steering wheel button and it goes FM-AM-WB-CD-Aux and right on around. I also have my amber LEDs, for those who might be wondering what the upgrade did to those... Looks like I am a happy camper!

Jon.
Old 07-05-2005 | 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 08:22 PM
[quote name='jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 06:11 PM'][quote name='stream' date='Jul 5 2005, 05:00 PM'][quote name='jmdhuse' date='Jul 5 2005, 03:57 PM']Just got my '06 530i back after having the aux input installed... it was delayed because they had trouble upgrading the software (apparently, all the various controllers got an upgrade)... I asked the SA but he did not know the version numer... "the very latest" is what he said.

Cheers, Jon.
[/quote]

[snapback]146097[/snapback]
[/quote]

Following up... Yup, if I start in Aux via iDrive, I can cycle with the steering wheel button and it goes FM-AM-WB-CD-Aux and right on around. I also have my amber LEDs, for those who might be wondering what the upgrade did to those... Looks like I am a happy camper!

Jon.
[snapback]146120[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for following up. It's on my list for when I bring the car in for its 7,500 mile oil change.
Old 07-06-2005 | 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2014 550i M-Sport (on order) 2011 335is 6 speed (current) 2005 545i 6 speed (sold)

What is the cost to have the AUX input feature retrofitted for a 2005 545? Also, where is the actual AUX input jack located at? Is it a standard 3.5 mm jack or something different?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone have US '06 with Aux Input Working???