E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Any suggestions for upgrading Audio system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Heres some pics of my system.

img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x179/nepl29/nelbmw007.jpg[/img]

Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Contributors

Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i titanium grey 6 speed manual with light grey interior. Nav, L7, cold weather, sport, sat. Modifications: suede headliner, pianno black interior trim, Ipod dock, Mtech front bumper, Angel Eyes, and flat black kidney grills.

You beat me to it. All I have done so far is to add the 4 channel amp and connect it to the factory front speakers and front subs. I plan to install front 6.5 inch components in the front doors similar to how you did. For the subwoofer I will use two subs in the rear deck free air. I used a different processor than you did though. I noticed you used a JL audio clean sweep but I do not see a signal summing module. I assume you have the hi-fi not the logic 7 system and are using the 4 channel output ( hi level speaker out ) from the factory radio and then sending it to the vehicle hub pro. I have not used my RTA to check a hi fi car radio output yet but would suspect that it is crossed over hi pass around 100 hz and the low frequency comes from the front subs? Am I right? Did you attach the clean sweep to the front doors and the front subs to address this? Or is the radio output on your car full range? Anyway I like the install you did. I guess the term is 1+. By the way I like the vehicle hub and have used it a few times before but did not use it in my car since I all ready had the nav, cd changer, iPod, and satellite radio in my vehicle.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Orient Blue 2005 530i E60-Winter Package

[Very nice, clean, tucked away, great setup. So you got rid of the spare right? Totally makes sense, who's ever going to use that anyway, especially if you have runflats or some form of roadside assistance. Looks like you guys favor the subs in the trunk versus shallow subs under the seats. Anyone care to offer pros and cons between the two? Also, I see dreamshop cut out the rear deck and Nelson cut out behind the rear armrest...is one easier than the other? Thanks again guys.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by thedreamshop' post='612485' date='Jun 29 2008, 04:37 PM
You beat me to it. All I have done so far is to add the 4 channel amp and connect it to the factory front speakers and front subs. I plan to install front 6.5 inch components in the front doors similar to how you did. For the subwoofer I will use two subs in the rear deck free air. I used a different processor than you did though. I noticed you used a JL audio clean sweep but I do not see a signal summing module. I assume you have the hi-fi not the logic 7 system and are using the 4 channel output ( hi level speaker out ) from the factory radio and then sending it to the vehicle hub pro. I have not used my RTA to check a hi fi car radio output yet but would suspect that it is crossed over hi pass around 100 hz and the low frequency comes from the front subs? Am I right? Did you attach the clean sweep to the front doors and the front subs to address this? Or is the radio output on your car full range? Anyway I like the install you did. I guess the term is 1+. By the way I like the vehicle hub and have used it a few times before but did not use it in my car since I all ready had the nav, cd changer, iPod, and satellite radio in my vehicle.
I have the hifi model. i actually have the signal summing module. i installed it after the system was done. i didnt know i was going to need it. I have the front , rear and sub output from the radio going into the summing module. the bmw radio output is not full range, i figure it out after everything was install. i like the hub, but feel like theres better and cheaper options now than when i did my system. If i had do do everything again i would go another route.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dennisl2k079200' post='612540' date='Jun 29 2008, 06:16 PM
[Very nice, clean, tucked away, great setup. So you got rid of the spare right? Totally makes sense, who's ever going to use that anyway, especially if you have runflats or some form of roadside assistance. Looks like you guys favor the subs in the trunk versus shallow subs under the seats. Anyone care to offer pros and cons between the two? Also, I see dreamshop cut out the rear deck and Nelson cut out behind the rear armrest...is one easier than the other? Thanks again guys.
No spare. i have AAA If you an audiophile you wouldnt do the subs under the seat. every sub doesnt have the sound.im very picky on the subs i use on my systems. cutting behind the rear deck is easier but going IB which is his set up, can and definitely sound better than a sealed box set up if its tune properly. You must remember that tuning is one of the biggest factor in car audio.good tuning will make a cheap mediocre set up sound good.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Ya don't do the subs under the seats most you can fit is a thinnnn 8" so I'd do in the trunk..

Beofre I got rid of my 535 I was thinking of an idea for the audio on the new 5 I got.. I wanted to run a stand alone aftermarket audio system so no JL clean Sweep's and all that stuff.. What I was going to do was have an after market head unit which would be the main unit and I would have the stock amplifier RCA's pluged into the AUX of the After Market headunit which then mean: aftermarket head unit pluged into the EQ then the AMP's then (crossover"s/speaker's).. By doing it this way you have full aftermarket sound and still don't lose the stock functions of the car and has more aftermarket qualities then a Clean Sweep since the after market head unit would be the main processor and the stock sounds will be played threw it from the stock amps RCA to an AUX jack on the after Market headunit..

Here's a pic of mine.. the flat glass is a 32" plasma TV.. all depends how crazy you wanna go

Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Members

My Ride: Orient Blue 2005 530i E60-Winter Package

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='613361' date='Jul 1 2008, 12:04 AM
Ya don't do the subs under the seats most you can fit is a thinnnn 8" so I'd do in the trunk..

Beofre I got rid of my 535 I was thinking of an idea for the audio on the new 5 I got.. I wanted to run a stand alone aftermarket audio system so no JL clean Sweep's and all that stuff.. What I was going to do was have an after market head unit which would be the main unit and I would have the stock amplifier RCA's pluged into the AUX of the After Market headunit which then mean: aftermarket head unit pluged into the EQ then the AMP's then (crossover"s/speaker's).. By doing it this way you have full aftermarket sound and still don't lose the stock functions of the car and has more aftermarket qualities then a Clean Sweep since the after market head unit would be the main processor and the stock sounds will be played threw it from the stock amps RCA to an AUX jack on the after Market headunit..

Here's a pic of mine.. the flat glass is a 32" plasma TV.. all depends how crazy you wanna go

Wow, that is crazy, real nice Hamann, good luck with it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be installing in the trunk.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by dennisl2k079200' post='615048' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:15 AM
Wow, that is crazy, real nice Hamann, good luck with it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be installing in the trunk.
That was my old 525 I had gotten a 535 08 in sept in alpine white and was going to transfer everyhting over to the new 5 but some things happened and I was forced to get rid of the car so I have an E60 anymore.. however if anyone is interested in buying my kit which parts are listed in my sig I would be willing to give a good price who could buy everything so I can just get rid of this stuff cause it jsut sitting in my garage

Quick Reply: Any suggestions for upgrading Audio system?