E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Any married guys, over 35, with kids out there with an RPI exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

As you know, i bought the 550i and the RPI exhaust and scoop. LOVE IT, and the wife actually likes it too. Sorry to dig up an older thread but had to end it in my own words seeing how I was the one on the fence about this exhaust. If you're reading this because you are wondering if you'll like it or not, you WILL love it, go for it.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='963960' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:47 PM
I am over 35, have kids and have the FULL M5 RPI exhaust system on my car (3 sections: Cats, X-Pipe, Cans/Tips). My daughter loves it. She passes out immediately upon take off. When I come to a red light and the car is at idle, she starts to cry. It's hilarious. When we put her in the X5, she's not as happy. She prefers the M.

I've also taken clients and coworkers in my M and they all love it. But then again, my car sounds like a Lambo/Ferrari, not like a Honda Civic with a set of coffee cans shooting out the back.

Hope this helps.
C you are hilarious... having just had a daughter couple of weeks ago I was wondering if the exhaust would bother her but reading your post I am damn sure she is going to love it.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Just got it, I'm almost 40 wife "likes it" and 7 year old daughter thinks it sounds "cool"
Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

maybe it's off topic, but other than sound, how many HP should I expect to gain (realistic) by putting one of these high performance exhausts on my 530i ? I've already got the rpi scoop and BMC air filter, but that's nothing...

Everytime I drive this car I feel it has lots of supressed power. I think a 3.0 liter engine should deliver much more power than this and if I don't so something about it I may end up getting rid of it...although I don't want to because I love the way it looks.

In short, would spending $1K+ on this exhaust make a difference in power?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1031292' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:07 AM
maybe it's off topic, but other than sound, how many HP should I expect to gain (realistic) by putting one of these high performance exhausts on my 530i ? I've already got the rpi scoop and BMC air filter, but that's nothing...

Everytime I drive this car I feel it has lots of supressed power. I think a 3.0 liter engine should deliver much more power than this and if I don't so something about it I may end up getting rid of it...although I don't want to because I love the way it looks.

I have a 530i and I have recently installed the RPI scoop and exhaust... there is a pretty decent surge in power with my new mods. I am VERY satisfied.. go for it.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributors

I completely forgot about this thread! I can't believe what I wrote, it was so wrong! hahaha.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by bha7176' post='1031085

ALL RPi products will make power. ALL, well except for t-shirts, and other misc stuff. The gains in the 530 are about 7-10hp. The biggest benefit would be from the exhaust, intake + tune as our programmers feel the 530i is detuned from the factory.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1031448' date='Oct 13 2009, 02:14 PM
Im glad it worked out for you. The funny thing is, one of the first people ever to buy an RPi exhaust was a 60 yr old lady racer (yes, she whooped my butt in the canyons too). Hell, meli called out some guys on FB last week. lol. On a serious note, Im glad you like the exhaust. Remember we have silencers for all our E60 applications too if any of you want it quieter.

ALL RPi products will make power. ALL, well except for t-shirts, and other misc stuff. The gains in the 530 are about 7-10hp. The biggest benefit would be from the exhaust, intake + tune as our programmers feel the 530i is detuned from the factory.
So total gain would be 7-10 HP, or that's for the exhaust only, without doing the intake+tune?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1031591' date='Oct 13 2009, 02:00 PM
So total gain would be 7-10 HP, or that's for the exhaust only, without doing the intake+tune?
Thats just for the exhaust. The intake gives about the same amount of gains. With the tune, youll prob be at +30hp over stock with all three. Or go all out and do the SC kit we have on special.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1031448' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:14 PM
Im glad it worked out for you. The funny thing is, one of the first people ever to buy an RPi exhaust was a 60 yr old lady racer (yes, she whooped my butt in the canyons too). Hell, meli called out some guys on FB last week. lol. On a serious note, Im glad you like the exhaust. Remember we have silencers for all our E60 applications too if any of you want it quieter.

Just curious how does a silencer work? Is this something that is easy to put on and take off? I don't want one but just wanted to know the specifics.

I love the sound of my RPI and I am 32 with 2 kids and a wife who just yesterday asked me if it was louder (its been 3 weeks). I shrugged and said ask our son, he says its a new Vroom.

Quick Reply: Any married guys, over 35, with kids out there with an RPI exhaust