E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Adding an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofers - plug and play

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everybody,

thank you for this perfect manual. I upgraded in a similiar way with an Audison Srx4! Sound really good now, beside a major problem at low volume.
I hear whistle-sounds from the generator with increasing upm! U had problems like that?
If I remove from the amp the cinch Input the whistling disappears, so the annoying sound should origin from this cable...

I read somewhere it may help to connect the earthline of the cinchcable to the cars earth, could this be true without damaging the amp?

Thanks in advance
Nivie
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Members

got a solution. Even if the HU allready cross-over the signal I now use the Low-Pass Filter of the amp. Maybe not the most prof. solution but sounds worlds better now.

Other Question: If i would install one of those PnP Amps like Blaupunkt THA275 or the 4 channel THA475 would I get a similiar improvement with the stock speakers (europe Hifi, US stock) The first one is a two channel, if I use this, would the rear speaker go silent or are still amplified by the HU?

Nivie
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Bruce,

I've just completed a total upgrade of my E60 sound system, including:

- The BSW Stage 1 upgrade
- Earthquake Subs
- The Blaupunkt THA 555 PnP amp
- A Spec.Dock iPod cradle replacing my ashtray

It sounds fantastic, and I very heavily leveraged your threads as a resource throughout my project. Thank you very much.

So, now that I am done, I have two clean-up issues. One is that I've developed an "SOS Call System Malfunction" iDrive error, which seems probably to have happened when I unplugged the fiber cable while the key was in position 2 at one point. I'll see if that might be a matter of clearing the error code and initializing the computer.

Secondly, now that I've upgraded the amplifier, my chimes, and especially my PDC beeper, is REALLY LOUD! Annoyingly so. I can't find any easy way to adjust that - have you encountered it and identified any workarounds?

Again, thanks.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I dont think there is a way to lower the warning chimes.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='907079' date='Jun 10 2009, 03:11 PM
I was able to adjust the gain on my front and rear channels to the point where the chimes are at an acceptable volume and the amp still drives quite loudly. Now, if I can get the SOS Call System Malfunction cleared, I'll be in great shape!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Members

Will:

Where did you purchase the adapter cable for the THA 555? I cannot seem to locate one here in the US.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525D 2008 m-sport

Originally Posted by Will Greer' post='906904' date='Jun 10 2009, 07:42 PM
Bruce,

I've just completed a total upgrade of my E60 sound system, including:

- The BSW Stage 1 upgrade
- Earthquake Subs
- The Blaupunkt THA 555 PnP amp
- A Spec.Dock iPod cradle replacing my ashtray

It sounds fantastic, and I very heavily leveraged your threads as a resource throughout my project. Thank you very much.

So, now that I am done, I have two clean-up issues. One is that I've developed an "SOS Call System Malfunction" iDrive error, which seems probably to have happened when I unplugged the fiber cable while the key was in position 2 at one point. I'll see if that might be a matter of clearing the error code and initializing the computer.

Secondly, now that I've upgraded the amplifier, my chimes, and especially my PDC beeper, is REALLY LOUD! Annoyingly so. I can't find any easy way to adjust that - have you encountered it and identified any workarounds?

Again, thanks.
How did you connect the Blaupunkt adapter to the M-ASK/CCC? I?m doing a upgraded on my E61. I?ve finished the Earthquake SWS, BSW Stage 1 and an Alpine PDX- 5 feeding the sub. I now trying to connect the PDX-5 on the BSW speakers, but I?m not able to fit the HU/CCC after I connect the adapter cable. There is not much space behind the HU and the adapter is big
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 525DTM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='907079' date='Jun 10 2009, 04:11 PM
I can imagine using the "+" from the led which lights when your PDC is on to turn the amp down...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by StreetPro' post='972106' date='Aug 11 2009, 03:36 PM
I can imagine using the "+" from the led which lights when your PDC is on to turn the amp down...
Goodness that is extreme but incase you do want to do this then a simpler way would probably be to use the +12V on the reverse light to turn the amp off via a relay. But I think all this going a bit too far.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Members

Hi bruce. Any info where i could find equipment like yours for a cheaper price? Thanks!

Regards,
mitrafox
Placement financier

Quick Reply: Adding an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofers - plug and play