E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Active Autowerke Performance Software Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

Originally Posted by Bidwell25
i agree with you marine8551. you never hear about this mod on any 550's and there isnt too much info out on it. Makes me nervous.

on another note though how do u like the Dinan Throttle body? i have the AFE throttle body spacer and was thinking of adding the Dinan throttle body and then maybe the Dinan stage 3 engine software... what do u think of there software? you have all the bolt on for it, have you thought about getting it?
Ths only thing i can offer an opinion on is the total package, minus the strut brace. Simply, I did all the mods at the same time, TB, intake and exhaust. I drive it the same now as when i did when it was a bone stock car. My findings:
1) though i am w/o the tangible proof of a Dino spread sheet, I know that in the cars present condition i will probably never reach the cars potential, and much less find it wanting, on the roads of alabama, at least not without loosing my license in the process.
2) with all this new found power and performance ive experienced no loss in fuel economy, I still avg around 40mph/22mpg/375miles (per tank) it costs me $4/gal for 92oct. gas(100%-no ethanol) that i get from the mom and pop station down the road, cash only. If i have to fill at a name brand station its usuall 10csnts cheaper per gallon but i include a bottle of ethanol enzyme with equals the tank cost. even though its 93oct insted of the 92, if i dont use the ethanol enzyme i get between 20 to 45 gal less per tank, and this i have hard data on collected by myself over a period of 6months. fyi, on my car every other additive was inconclusive, whether it be octane booster or so called feul quality improvers. I use Castrol Syntec 10w-30 when mornings are below 40F and 20w-50 in the hot alabama summers.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

oh, and as far as the software is concearned, my indi guy is a retired software engineer(who shall remain nameless) who burns prom chips in his basement. he made a custom burn for me (similar to that sold by a notable performance vendor specifically for BMWs) for 20 bucks and i didnt notice anything other than i could go faster than 155 mph.... on a closed track of course.