E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535d: remap done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

here in bulgaria digitaltuning quote 310bhp/711nm ???? is that possible
Even if it is, I'd be very worried about my transmission
Old 01-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky' post='230496
CIAO VOLEVO CHIEDERTI SE DA SETTEMBRE A OGGI IL REMAPPING DA TE EFFETTUATO HA DATO NOIE O VA COME PRIMA?
GRAZIE, VORREI ANDARE ANCH'IO DA DIGITAL TUNING( APPENA SMETTE DI NEVICARE)
Digital Tuning is very well known, serious and reliable.
[/quote]

any way to find out if the so called bulgarian "affiliate" firm has anything to do with the main digital tuning... it wont be the first time that a firm comes out in bulgaria claiming to be from a big parent company, and isnt !!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by 700700' post='230457
With more than a month of delay, due to too many business commitments, finally I could find half a day to go to Digital Tuning. I spent there about one hour and after that I was back in the car, driving home.

What a change! The car is accelerating like hell, pulling strong even at over 160 mph. On a standard highway, you cannot see where it stops to pull. At indicated 162 mph (260 kph) the rev indicator was on 3700 rpm, with still 300 rpm to take and no indication whatsoever of the engine reaching its limit. Really amazing.

Surprisingly, the drive is now more comfortable, due to the big increase in torque that allow the auto tranny to change gear less frequently in heavy traffic conditions. maybe just an impression, but the engine seems quietier and smoother. No smoke at all from the exaust, even pushing hard the gas pedal. For the 300 km I used it, consumption seemed to be the same as before, but with much higher performance.

All in all, a big improvement for almost nothing. Digital tuning declares, typically, 313 HP and 660 nm of torque as peak figures. They can go up to 350 HP and more than 700 nm but don't suggest such extreme levels, being very dangerous for the health of turbine, autotranny and other engine components. The block itself, according to them, could sustain more than 400 HP without any problem, not so for many other components.

sorry for barging in , but the guys that did your tuning... are they the same as these guys http://www.digitaltuning.bg ... cause im thinking of using them here in bulgaria, as there are no other ones available

...also what is the procedure ? in bulgaria , they just upload the new engine map and thats it ... in your case did they perform the modification using a rolling road... did they dyno the car to get bhp and torque figures ?

http://www.digitaltuning.bg/catalog/...lt.php?id=1810
[/quote]
The logo is the same. Probably it's a franchising company. Here in Italy they just have a small office with several PCs and they download directly from the headquarter in Switzerland all the maps in real time. There is no reasearch or testing in Italy, everything is done by the headquarter. And no dyno test, they don't have the facilities here. It's a very simple affair, exactly like downloading any other software for your PC from a website. But they have to know every car quite well because just opening the black box is a risky business if you don't know how to do it.

Originally Posted by giovanni227' post='230454' date='Jan 27 2006, 03:58 PM
CIAO VOLEVO CHIEDERTI SE DA SETTEMBRE A OGGI IL REMAPPING DA TE EFFETTUATO HA DATO NOIE O VA COME PRIMA?
GRAZIE, VORREI ANDARE ANCH'IO DA DIGITAL TUNING( APPENA SMETTE DI NEVICARE)
Ciao Giovanni,

the car is a rocket and even sweeter than before. To my surprise my mileage has dropped significantly since December, from 10,5 l./100 km to 9,7 l./100 km. So far, no problem at all but only benefits: performance, torque, consumption, driveability. Go for them without fear!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by blingo' post='230509' date='Jan 27 2006, 06:19 PM
yes, you're right. Transmission is the possible weak point and I know that some poor remaps destroyed several transmissions (there was an internal BMW investigation, some time ago, about a dealer in the north of Italy that asked for too many transmissions replacement under warranty; the inspectors found out that all the failed units were installed on cars remapped by the dealer himself and, therefore, refused to pay for the new parts).

But, on one side, Steptronic is a very sturdy and reliable unit that has been designed to withstand huge amount of torque. On the other side, long term reliability is also heavily dependent on the use your car is subjected to; frequent 0-60 launches with DSC de-activated, abundant use of all the available torque at low speed could wear the transmission much quicker that normal. But this is not my driving style, I own a 5er diesel sedan, a fast one, indeed, but still not a M3 or M5!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lucky' post='230875
yes, you're right. Transmission is the possible weak point and I know that some poor remaps destroyed several transmissions (there was an internal BMW investigation, some time ago, about a dealer in the north of Italy that asked for too many transmissions replacement under warranty; the inspectors found out that all the failed units were installed on cars remapped by the dealer himself and, therefore, refused to pay for the new parts).

But, on one side, Steptronic is a very sturdy and reliable unit that has been designed to withstand huge amount of torque. On the other side, long term reliability is also heavily dependent on the use your car is subjected to; frequent 0-60 launches with DSC de-activated, abundant use of all the available torque at low speed could wear the transmission much quicker that normal. But this is not my driving style, I own a 5er diesel sedan, a fast one, indeed, but still not a M3 or M5!
[/quote]

Of course but what i am saying is that Digitaltuning italy offers 313hp/660nm .. whereas Digitaltuning Bulgaria offers 313hp/711nm

So without you seeing any dyno runs, does the car really feel MUCH faster as you state? have you tried measuring 0-100 , 80-120 , 100-200 .. ?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='230883
Originally Posted by blingo' post='230509' date='Jan 27 2006, 06:19 PM

Of course but what i am saying is that Digitaltuning italy offers 313hp/660nm .. whereas Digitaltuning Bulgaria offers 313hp/711nm

So without you seeing any dyno runs, does the car really feel MUCH faster as you state? have you tried measuring 0-100 , 80-120 , 100-200 .. ?
[/quote]
It feels that MUCH faster, especially recovering from low speed. How much faster i cannot say, because I never measured it in standard guise neither now with the remap. As I told you, I'm not a 0-100 kph freak, I'm just happy with a diesel sedan that can pull out any other competitor along the highway by simply kicking down the gas pedal and saying "good bye"
Old 01-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lucky' post='230964' date='Jan 28 2006, 04:01 PM
It feels that MUCH faster, especially recovering from low speed. How much faster i cannot say, because I never measured it in standard guise neither now with the remap. As I told you, I'm not a 0-100 kph freak, I'm just happy with a diesel sedan that can pull out any other competitor along the highway by simply kicking down the gas pedal and saying "good bye"
any chance you could run it through dealer diagnostics to see if they sport the chip?
Old 01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='231834
any chance you could run it through dealer diagnostics to see if they sport the chip?
[/quote]

anyone?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Read an article about the DMS M5 (UK). DMS have always claimed thier remaps are not dealer detectable and in the article it said that they have bought the proper dealer diagnostic gear which is how they are so sure. They can see what the dealer can see.

Don't know how this applies to remaps generally, they may know something the rest don't - or they may not.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

AGAIN:

NOBODY can remap STEALTH !

NOT EVEN DMS...

IF BMW wants to find out, they can!!!

THERE IS NO STEALTH REMAP/CHIPTUNING OUT THERE!!!

end of transaction

Quick Reply: 535d: remap done!