E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535d: remap done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

With more than a month of delay, due to too many business commitments, finally I could find half a day to go to Digital Tuning. I spent there about one hour and after that I was back in the car, driving home.

What a change! The car is accelerating like hell, pulling strong even at over 160 mph. On a standard highway, you cannot see where it stops to pull. At indicated 162 mph (260 kph) the rev indicator was on 3700 rpm, with still 300 rpm to take and no indication whatsoever of the engine reaching its limit. Really amazing.

Surprisingly, the drive is now more comfortable, due to the big increase in torque that allow the auto tranny to change gear less frequently in heavy traffic conditions. maybe just an impression, but the engine seems quietier and smoother. No smoke at all from the exaust, even pushing hard the gas pedal. For the 300 km I used it, consumption seemed to be the same as before, but with much higher performance.

All in all, a big improvement for almost nothing. Digital tuning declares, typically, 313 HP and 660 nm of torque as peak figures. They can go up to 350 HP and more than 700 nm but don't suggest such extreme levels, being very dangerous for the health of turbine, autotranny and other engine components. The block itself, according to them, could sustain more than 400 HP without any problem, not so for many other components.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Now You really have a car what You don't want to change anything else except new samekind. With better options of cource!

Happy for You!

Skaffa
Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Sep 30 2005, 11:32 AM
With more than a month of delay, due to too many business commitments, finally I could find half a day to go to Digital Tuning. I spent there about one hour and after that I was back in the car, driving home.

What a change! The car is accelerating like hell, pulling strong even at over 160 mph. On a standard highway, you cannot see where it stops to pull.? At indicated 162 mph (260 kph) the rev indicator was on 3700 rpm, with still 300 rpm to take and no indication whatsoever of the engine reaching its limit. Really amazing.

Surprisingly, the drive is now more comfortable, due to the big increase in torque that allow the auto tranny to change gear less frequently in heavy traffic conditions. maybe just an impression, but the engine seems quietier and smoother. No smoke at all from the exaust, even pushing hard the gas pedal. For the 300 km I used it, consumption seemed to be the same as before, but with much higher performance.

All in all, a big improvement for almost nothing. Digital tuning declares, typically, 313 HP and 660 nm of torque as peak figures. They can go up to 350 HP and more than 700 nm but don't suggest such extreme levels, being very dangerous for the health of turbine, autotranny and other engine components. The block itself, according to them, could sustain more than 400 HP without any problem, not so for many other components.
[snapback]177394[/snapback]
Very cool. We were in Genoa last summer; liked it a lot--except that Mapquest led us badly astray. But, that's part of the adventure when you can't speak the language, etc.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Sep 30 2005, 11:32 AM

What a change! The car is accelerating like hell, pulling strong even at over 160 mph. On a standard highway, you cannot see where it stops to pull.? At indicated 162 mph (260 kph) the rev indicator was on 3700 rpm, with still 300 rpm to take and no indication whatsoever of the engine reaching its limit. Really amazing.

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Oct 6 2005, 12:31 AM
Now You really have a car what You don't want to change anything else except new samekind. With better options of cource!

Happy for You!

Skaffa
[snapback]180262[/snapback]
Lucky,

Sounds fantastic!

Skaffa,

Is yours about to blow up as it has 311hp (2 less than Lucky) and 693nm (33nm more than Lucky) considering you have come from 218hp/500nm and he has come from 272hp/560nm? Hows it running?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 7 2005, 01:05 AM
Skaffa,

Is yours about to blow up as it has 311hp (2 less than Lucky) and 693nm (33nm more than Lucky) considering you have come from 218hp/500nm and he has come from 272hp/560nm? Hows it running?
[snapback]180560[/snapback]
It's not so happy to run under 2000rpm and fun ends too soon in upper end. After 4200rpm there is not much point to rev the engine.

I have driven stock 535d and I was dissapointed about power increase over 530d (feeling), but very impressed about rev happines and low end power.

Skaffa
Old 10-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:05 PM
[quote name='Lucky' date='Sep 30 2005, 11:32 AM']With more than a month of delay, due to too many business commitments, finally I could find half a day to go to Digital Tuning. I spent there about one hour and after that I was back in the car, driving home.

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Oct 6 2005, 12:31 AM

Happy for You!

Skaffa
[snapback]180262[/snapback]
Lucky,

Sounds fantastic!

Skaffa,

[snapback]180560[/snapback]
[/quote]
Merv ,

you'll find hard to believe the improvement in handling. Along twisty roads the behaviour of the car is much better than before (in "auto" mode), I suspect because the much fatter torque curve and improved responsiveness from very low rpm helps you to keep the car always pulling in any turn, with the suspension correctly "loaded". You don't have any more that unpleasant "freewheel" feeling in the corners, well known to any automatic car's owner.

And 0-200 kph (0-125 mph) is simply awesome!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Nice lucky!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Members

CIAO VOLEVO CHIEDERTI SE DA SETTEMBRE A OGGI IL REMAPPING DA TE EFFETTUATO HA DATO NOIE O VA COME PRIMA?
GRAZIE, VORREI ANDARE ANCH'IO DA DIGITAL TUNING( APPENA SMETTE DI NEVICARE)
Old 01-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lucky' post='177394' date='Sep 30 2005, 04:32 PM

What a change! The car is accelerating like hell, pulling strong even at over 160 mph. On a standard highway, you cannot see where it stops to pull. At indicated 162 mph (260 kph) the rev indicator was on 3700 rpm, with still 300 rpm to take and no indication whatsoever of the engine reaching its limit. Really amazing.

sorry for barging in , but the guys that did your tuning... are they the same as these guys http://www.digitaltuning.bg ... cause im thinking of using them here in bulgaria, as there are no other ones available

...also what is the procedure ? in bulgaria , they just upload the new engine map and thats it ... in your case did they perform the modification using a rolling road... did they dyno the car to get bhp and torque figures ?

here in bulgaria digitaltuning quote 310bhp/711nm ???? is that possible

http://www.digitaltuning.bg/catalog/...lt.php?id=1810
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by giovanni227' post='230454' date='Jan 27 2006, 03:58 PM
CIAO VOLEVO CHIEDERTI SE DA SETTEMBRE A OGGI IL REMAPPING DA TE EFFETTUATO HA DATO NOIE O VA COME PRIMA?
GRAZIE, VORREI ANDARE ANCH'IO DA DIGITAL TUNING( APPENA SMETTE DI NEVICARE)
Digital Tuning is very well known, serious and reliable.

Quick Reply: 535d: remap done!