E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

530d is now remapped

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='241237
OK 700700. I will not mention them again.
Don?t be suspicious. I have no relationship at all with them. In the UK you have the very best tuners available. If I tell you the truth it was due to reading about british tuners that I decided to do something with my car.

Haha no probs mate , all in good heart Enjoy your 535d
Old 02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

[quote name='700700' date='Feb 16 2006, 06:35 PM' post='241225']
I see your point. But ask Rob, when they did an article for the 535d DMS in evo, they specifically stated that according to DMS the car is good for much more, but they have pegged it back a bit !! also notice that in the original EVO review of the car DMS had tweaked the car to 521lbsft but then in their adverts they had revised this figure quoting 506 or 507 if my memory serves me right...

So yes your really stressing your components, but do note that they have quite a wide tolerance and can handle the increased horsepwer. As for it blowing up , it wont do it on the 1st time but with that kind of crazy figures i would imagine in 6-8 months you will have BIG problems with teh turbo...

Anyways Skaffa is well known here so i have no reason to dispute him

I remember when I woke up this thread on purpose...so skaffa cleared that his car was somehow 'abnormal' so already more bho than 218...that's why he is true so like you, and KP is forcing the limits...

I will be happy for my bthday 260bhp and 580Nm or max 600Nm but as oem is 500Nm I am sure even with small increase it will be visiable. And yes tourque distribution what matters.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by 700700' post='241255' date='Feb 16 2006, 01:47 PM
Yes DMS rocks but i personally know people from kelleners and they are one fine company as well... I really agree with you , that you have to settle for reasonable output and good longevity !

also being a fan of the rs6.. look at this http://www.sportec.ch/upload/docs/allgemei...is_Audi_RS6.pdf
Haha no probs mate , all in good heart Enjoy your 535d
Half my RS6 modifying budget was spent on Sportec product, including the Intercoolers, oil coolers, modified carbon fibre air intake system & the sports springs (they're co-developed with H&R). Did not like the wheels & the carbon fibre rear valance & paddle shift were low quality so Sportec scrapped their supplier. As a side, using Milltek for the full exhaust, AmD for the mapping (engine & gearbox), i was able to get over 550BHP & 560lbsft without changing to after-market turbos.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='241303' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:12 PM
Half my RS6 modifying budget was spent on Sportec product, including the Intercoolers, oil coolers, modified carbon fibre air intake system & the sports springs (they're co-developed with H&R). Did not like the wheels & the carbon fibre rear valance & paddle shift were low quality so Sportec scrapped their supplier. As a side, using Milltek for the full exhaust, AmD for the mapping (engine & gearbox), i was able to get over 550BHP & 560lbsft without changing to after-market turbos.
wow thats a monster!! the rs6 has the flattest torque curve of any production car in existance (to the best of my knowledge of course... Bettermakeway, you aint gonna flame me on this one ) bar a Race Subaru Spec C, and i can only imagine what it must have been like... 0-62 in less than 4.5s im sure

what did you do with it ?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='241567' date='Feb 16 2006, 09:43 PM
wow thats a monster!! the rs6 has the flattest torque curve of any production car in existance (to the best of my knowledge of course... Bettermakeway, you aint gonna flame me on this one ) bar a Race Subaru Spec C, and i can only imagine what it must have been like... 0-62 in less than 4.5s im sure

what did you do with it ?
Cheers & yes it was a monster. The 0-60 was 4.0secs (timed) 4.6 is the manfacturers figure for a stock car. Maximum speed was 204MPH & a timed in gear run was 50-168MPH in 13.5secs.

I sold the car 3 weeks ago & moved across to the current steed being my E60 535D M-Sport. The RS6 was sold to a fellow enthusiast. I enjoyed the RS6 so much, taking her on a variety of track days (Castle Combe, Oulton Park & Silverstone) along with a 4 day trip to Nurburgring. Decided to turn my back on the heavy duty modifying & racing game for a couple of years, as the 535D gives me a net monthly saving in just running costs of over ?600 per month (not to be sniffed at).

I'm posting a link to the last Vmax i attended, which shows the level of cars i was beating. At that stage, the RS6 was at its highest level of tune. The E60 M5 shown next to mine was run by Rob (owner of DMS) & it was modified pushing out just 545BHP, so 10BHP less than mine. We ran head to head a few times & their was nothing between the 2 cars all day. Rob had also modified the rev limiters & power curve in all gears to produce better lower speed acceleration.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...23246&f=133&h=0
Old 02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='241106
Be happy my friend a 535 beater and hope no bad things will happen, I will try Heinz and sometimes we can share datas and experiences the guy at KP learned from him...true stroy.
But congrats burn that rubber.
Yeah how is the wear w that tourque? thx Attila greets you
I'm always interested about others experiences. Tyres wear!

Originally Posted by ats77' post='241139
Cheers.
How then can this be right for the OP's stated figures??

A re-mapped 530D is only 25BHP less than a re-mapped 535D & actually has a higher torque figure. Now don't get me wrong, i'm delighted with my car, but how can this be right?? Simple maths excludes this from being possible, unless of course his car has other modifications.
Here is, maybe, the reason: Look first page of this thread and You find dyno curve.

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='241218' date='Feb 16 2006, 07:15 PM
Having spent vast sums modifying my RS6 & also modifying 2 of my previous cars, i'm fairly up to speed with what's possible & not possible in the tuning world & i'm sorry but the gains you quote are just not achievable from purely a re-map on any car.

According to BMW's website, the standard power of an E60 530D is 231BHP & Torque is 500NM, so i'm sorry to say that 80BHP & 200NM are not possible gains from a re-map alone. The tuners Rolling Road is either totally screwed or your car has undergone more severe modifications than just a re-map.

As above, i spent over ?14000 to get an extra 116BHP & 150NM out of a twin turbo V8 with a 450BHP starting point. The re-map involved cost about 10% of the overall modification costs & provided about 50% of the power & torque gains.

The BMW figures for a 535D are 272BHP & 560NM so my gains according to DMS are 60BHP & 127NM which are far more realistic to me. My figures are stated by DMS, i've not had the car rolling roaded. In the UK, DMS are viewed as the BMW re-mapping gods.

I'm not trying to pick a fight & i'm certainly not calling you a liar, but something somewhere is not quite right with the figures you're been given. The main thing is your happy & you've seen a significant difference in your cars performance, but the figures i'd be questioning if i were you.
After all if You take that 28 hp away what "in hp" show also from that 311 reading we get 283 hp or if we calculate % increase (about 25%) we get about 272. So like a magic hp readings seem more realistic. On the other hand I have some drag times supporting about 300hp.

But biggest thing is that I AM HAPPY! This car is for me! You all have Your own! Please don't make this post like "petrol v.diesel" or "foglights". (sorry Ice)

Skaffa
Old 02-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='240795' date='Feb 16 2006, 12:24 AM
The car is acting/behaving different with a power box.
So the stored data is different!

When they look at the data in the cars memory they can clearly identify that a power box was used. And since they know the power boxes and what they do they can also tell you which one.
If the memory gets deleted, than they know somebody had his hands on stuff where only BMW is allowed to be, so the warranty is also voided.

Todays cars are computers on wheels. They store everything. If you drive to your dealer he can see how often you started the engine, if you applied gas while starting, average driving time, average speed, top speed... everything. Even the seat belt is no secret, since it is connected to the computer too, for warnings...

The last time I have been at the dealer he told me somebody worked on my car...

He was right, it was Hobi who installed the trunk lid button, what only took him 15 minutes.
But the power got disconnected and the AS lost its memory. When I came to the dealer there was no problem with the car, but he told me that there was somebody working on my car...
He showed me some of the stored data... It's incredible.

NO SECRETS!
And yet, the ultimate irony has to be the favourite dealer phrase:

"Cannot reproduce fault."
Old 02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='241696' date='Feb 17 2006, 04:41 AM
Even I have this (what ever it is?) I would like t have 535d.
KP also asked me how much I want, because first version was over 700 mN and more than 320 hp. I got scared and new version vas made.
Here is, maybe, the reason: Look first page of this thread and You find dyno curve.
After all if You take that 28 hp away what "in hp" show also from that 311 reading we get 283 hp or if we calculate % increase (about 25%) we get about 272. So like a magic hp readings seem more realistic. On the other hand I have some drag times supporting about 300hp.

But biggest thing is that I AM HAPPY! This car is for me! You all have Your own! Please don't make this post like "petrol v.diesel" or "foglights". (sorry Ice)

Skaffa
Well if the figures are 100% genuine, then you've done very well. I'm still sceptical but it's your car & you know best. I'd be very worried about longevity with such huge gains, but again it's your car.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='241696' date='Feb 17 2006, 10:41 AM
Even I have this (what ever it is?) I would like t have 535d.
KP also asked me how much I want, because first version was over 700 mN and more than 320 hp. I got scared and new version vas made.

Skaffa
Yeah Ice,fogs Be happy skaffa hope to see you and your beast soon...