E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xi don't get enough love!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I'm happy and enjoy my ride ... moddin' started 6 mos after I drove out from the dealer and never stop maybe I should stop ... well maybe a few more ... after I swap my front splitter I'll slow down

But I mean now it's much better than at least spring of last year ... more wheel choices such as Miro 935 or Forgestar F14 w/ proper offset or just go after 3-series wheels there are plenty to choose from.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='981878' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:41 AM
I have no problem and enjoy my ride ... moddin' started 6 mos after I drove out from the dealer and never stop maybe I should stop ... well maybe a few more ... after I swap my front splitter I'll slow down

But I mean now it's much better than at least spring of last year ... more wheel choices such as Miro 935 or Forgestar F14 w/ proper offset or just go after 3-series wheels there are plenty to choose from.
Your ride looks terrific.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

Tkx man! Yours too

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='981883' date='Aug 19 2009, 07:54 AM
Your ride looks terrific.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='981884' date='Aug 19 2009, 06:57 AM
Tkx man! Yours too
awesome ride, buddy.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys what is this talk about AWD/XI being for comfy winter/rainy weather only and no need for performance?? What about the Lambo? I am sure it has AWD just for snowy and rainy weather, R8, S4/6 etc, MB e550 4matic, you go down the line and more often than not some of the fastest cars are AWD so there is no reason a bmw xi could not be more geared to performance or atleast the option of this.

A higher ride height truly offers no advantage-if you are that deep in snow and you are in a 5 series than your either stupid, got stuck or simply naive. You could have it equipped with the same tight suspension as sport suspension, same lower ride height and be fine.

The thing I do agree with is non-staggered setup-if anything does hurt wet performance it is huge wide tires with low profiles-so on that point I see the point in having a bit larger sidewall and narrower tires-with that said they should still offer a staggered/summer only setup for the xi and let the owner just pay extra-we are not saying this should all be included on a standard xi but having the option of some more perforamnce oriented stuff for the xi would make it more compeititve with audi,MB for fast AWD cars with sports handling.

I dont have an XI but i see the OP point.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='981900' date='Aug 19 2009, 09:19 AM
Ok guys what is this talk about AWD/XI being for comfy winter/rainy weather only and no need for performance?? What about the Lambo? I am sure it has AWD just for snowy and rainy weather, R8, S4/6 etc, MB e550 4matic, you go down the line and more often than not some of the fastest cars are AWD so there is no reason a bmw xi could not be more geared to performance or atleast the option of this.

A higher ride height truly offers no advantage-if you are that deep in snow and you are in a 5 series than your either stupid, got stuck or simply naive. You could have it equipped with the same tight suspension as sport suspension, same lower ride height and be fine.

The thing I do agree with is non-staggered setup-if anything does hurt wet performance it is huge wide tires with low profiles-so on that point I see the point in having a bit larger sidewall and narrower tires-with that said they should still offer a staggered/summer only setup for the xi and let the owner just pay extra-we are not saying this should all be included on a standard xi but having the option of some more perforamnce oriented stuff for the xi would make it more compeititve with audi,MB for fast AWD cars with sports handling.

I dont have an XI but i see the OP point.
Agreed. AWD can be used for performance. Just look at all the rally cars. Most of them are AWD. They are fast with great handling. The XI models deserve more love and attention from BMW or even aftermarket.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Tkx! Yours lookin' good too ... keep it up ...

Originally Posted by gerrypd' post='981891' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:09 AM
awesome ride, buddy.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

can we get an xDrive M5?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Black sapphire metallic Black dakota leather Sport Package Premium package Cold weather package Navigation - Logic 7

Living in Michigan I had a huge dilemma when choosing my next vehicle. I've always had a V8 sports car as well as a 4x4 SUV. High performance, rwd cars are hard to enjoy when the weather is snowy/rainy 4-6 months out of they year. Also, paying two car notes and insurance can be taxing as well. I was very tempted at toughing it out and getting a 545i or IS350, but then I imagined driving these in severe snow storms and I knew I would end up in a ditch or worse. I then started to look at the S4 and G35x, but they were either too cramped or didn't have the style or comfort that I was looking for. I love my 530XI, it handles on rails and is very comfortable. I love the style and refinement as well. Do I wish it had more power? Yes, however it's still quick and I'm enjoying the great gas mileage so you have to make compromises sometimes.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535xi, short shifter, no CDV

I love my XI. In the skip trip, when pass sierra to Tahoe, just show the checking officer "4 fingers" and I am ready to pass. No chain required, I do keep in mind it only get me going, not stoping power.

I came from 540i sports package. Yes, I still miss sports package riding but I get used to XI height and handling. Few thousands later, when I ready to swap shocks, I am planning to get Koni or Bilstien sports shock. Guess it will be little bit firmer and lower ... I guess I will feel get sports upgrade at that time.

BTW, I have 4 XI OEM RIMS for sale. PM me if you are interested.