E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Would You Do Black Again?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am considering white next time around. It will be too much for my OCD personality to have another black car so soon.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Well would ya Mel??
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

The moment you're asking yourself these questions: then please DO NOT choose black.
Don't get me wrong, I love black cars (it's my second Carbon black), but a light color is much easier to maintain. I hate the swirl scratches on my car, that are evident when the light shines on the car, due to the bad car wash the previous owner used.......

Have you considered a dark grey color combo with the brown interior? imho the Space Grey or Platinum grey looks great with the tan interior!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='789167' date='Feb 10 2009, 01:21 AM
Well would ya Mel??
lolol.. ass...lol.. no i wouldnt.. although..--ahh never mind- - trying to curb my mouth lately

get white.. or silver.. or grey.. i liked my black CARRRRR but i did see swirls after a few years and i hand washed every single time! black on black is nice, but a bitch to clean
Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Contributors

I LOVE my jet black 530. Seriously. It looks so amazing when its clean. But wow, it is torture to keep up with the washing. I ended up buying the California Car Duster which has really helped me keep the coat of dust that gets on the car after a wash and a fast drive.

I have swirl marks, I have to admit. But its because I'm in Illinois, its Winter, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be doing hand-washes in January. I'll just wait until Spring and get an exterior detailing to remove the swirl marks and resume hand washes! =)

But regardless, jet black is so elegant, sporty, and totally pimp.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='789313' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:18 AM
I LOVE my jet black 530. Seriously. It looks so amazing when its clean. But wow, it is torture to keep up with the washing. I ended up buying the California Car Duster which has really helped me keep the coat of dust that gets on the car after a wash and a fast drive.

I have swirl marks, I have to admit. But its because I'm in Illinois, its Winter, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be doing hand-washes in January. I'll just wait until Spring and get an exterior detailing to remove the swirl marks and resume hand washes! =)

But regardless, jet black is so elegant, sporty, and totally pimp.
I had two black on black BMWs and while I love them, I wouldn't do it again unless I had covered parking during the day as I do now. The heat difference is enormous. it's a major consideration for me down here in Miami. My silver car barely even gets hot when I leave it outside, thanks to the color and the ceramic tint.

but then again- I always buy used- so features/mileage/price always trump color except for a few limitations (I won't do silver/grey or black/beige, no offense against those that have it, just not my personal cup of tea.)
Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='789316' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:23 AM
I had two black on black BMWs and while I love them, I wouldn't do it again unless I had covered parking during the day as I do now. The heat difference is enormous. it's a major consideration for me down here in Miami. My silver car barely even gets hot when I leave it outside, thanks to the color and the ceramic tint.

but then again- I always buy used- so features/mileage/price always trump color except for a few limitations (I won't do silver/grey or black/beige, no offense against those that have it, just not my personal cup of tea.)

Fortunately I have a garage and will be tinting the windows this Spring as well which should help.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i SPORT l Deep Sea Blue l 19" AC Schnitzers Type IV Forged l GP Thunders & Hoen Fogs l SolarGuard 28%

its pretty much been said already.....black or any other dark colored vehicle will eventually show swirls without a doubt in due time.....for this reason ive owned white/silver/silver these past 13yrs until now granted the maintenance is alot easier on a light colored car but indeed its true u just cant beat the looks of a freshly cleansed dark car!! makes u wanna just keep driving cuz once it sits the dust just ruins it.....
Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

I do think the e60 suits a white exterior, individual rust brown works well with the white exterior (I?m not sure if these individual colours are available in the USA) - with black interior I'd go with black exterior.

There's no doubt that visually a black exterior is impressive when ?clean? ? I do find a black interior these days too dark and to a certain extent a heat trap - I?ve had many a black MB interior over time eventually it ?depressed? me sitting in a black hole! If you?re going to screw yourself over, lots of cleaning that is; why not go the distance and have a dark (black) exterior and light interior; plenty of opportunity to clean here!

My last e60 was blue/beige, my current e65 is black exterior and cream beige interior - my local cleaning ?help? is a fan; he?s making a small fortune, oh joy!!

I recently talked a friend into an individual ruby black exterior/amarone interior e60 it's very impressive visually......

Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Black is definitely less forgiving, but man, once you wash it or wax it correctly, it is the most rewarding color. My current E60 is Jet black and as long as I can have a light interior for contrast, I'll go black again...

Quick Reply: Would You Do Black Again?