E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen Washers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

The other day I noticed that my washers were very weak and only reached the bottom of the screen (just!) It was as though the bottle was almost out of water but the warning had not come on as usual on the dash/ i-drive?

Filled it up last night but still very weak - haven't checked whether the headlight washers are functioning as yet.

Has anyone else found these 2 issues ie. no warning of low level and very weak pumped water?

I wanted to redirect the spray jets to the screen a while back and got my trusty sewing needle out to adjust the little ball bearing like jets only to find they were not of this type and seemed totally unadjustable. Can these be adjusted to redirect the spray jet direction?

Could it be blocked pipes somewhere or perhaps the pump is on its way out?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Mine just went out, both. The bottle is full of windshield washer fluid and no fluid comes out. It is on my list of issues for my next visit. Actually my last visit was pretty recent but I did not noticed. I've never fill this up until now since they always do at the dealership. I thought they forgot and I was pissed off, until I noticed that the washers were not working. Luckily, still on warranty
Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='453695' date='Jul 31 2007, 07:15 PM
Mine just went out, both. The bottle is full of windshield washer fluid and no fluid comes out. It is on my list of issues for my next visit. Actually my last visit was pretty recent but I did not noticed. I've never fill this up until now since they always do at the dealership. I thought they forgot and I was pissed off, until I noticed that the washers were not working. Luckily, still on warranty
Sorry to hear you are having similar problems. However, mine now seem to have rectified themselves in that the spray is as powerful as originally? Still do not know why the waring light for low levels did not come on though.