E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why the E60 550i is a dud....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550i, 6 Speed Manual w/Sport Pkg, Black RPI Exhaust, Turner 15mm Rear Spacers, 20% Tint

Originally Posted by Mr BM
I have read this thread with a permanent smile on my face.....

It has been so entertaining listening to you all across the pond that don't seem to want anything under a 4 litre engine, to consume as much petrol and oil and pollute our lovely planet as much as you can.

I drive a 530i M Sport, which is more than enough in the 5er. I must admit, I looked at, and drove a very well spec'd 550i M Sport, but having driven both, I can safely say, the poor fuel consumption, tax and sluggishness didn't warrant it.

You see, the difference on paper between the 550i and 530i is negligable, so much so that a good friend who does own a 550i M Sport raced me on a 1/4 mile, and guess who won - ME!!

The size and weight of the engine affect handling and performance, without even going near the 12mpg on the trip computer when we drove the 550i!

The 550i is a heavy and slow beast that should have been culled off a long time ago.

So the moral to my story, stop being so obesessed with the size of your engine, as you may be surprised what a smaller, more nimbler engine could do for you.

I'm just disappointed that my first post is a negative one - but I think something that needed to be said.

P
This post offers absolutely no contribution to the original subject & is fictitious at best. Additionally, in the spirit of collaboration, I'm refraining from stating "generalizations" of the British. I highly suggest you do the same regarding us foolish Americans "over the pond", chap.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DelVal550i
This post offers absolutely no contribution to the original subject & is fictitious at best. Additionally, in the spirit of collaboration, I'm refraining from stating "generalizations" of the British. I highly suggest you do the same regarding us foolish Americans "over the pond", chap.
OH how decent of you Brit basher, and don't call me chap.

As with everything, y'all are OBSESSED with size. That must be why you are all so god damn FAT and why you need a 550i

My 530i has 292 bhp and rolling roaded has 273 lb ft of torque.

I am concerned you think at it's peak the 530i had that amount of power, as vehicles over here started with 252 I believe, and ended up with 272.

Perhaps they know that y'all can't drive around bends and tamed your engines over there.

And as for your collaboration - I would add that 6 directors of BP are British, and 6 my dear, are American.

I also note now that you are practically defending your vehicle that for the last 6 pages you have slagged off
Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

butter?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i
Model Year: 2006

As with everything, y'all are OBSESSED with size. That must be why you are all so god damn FAT and why you need a 550i

I am concerned you think at it's peak the 530i had that amount of power, as vehicles over here started with 252 I believe, and ended up with 272.

Perhaps they know that y'all can't drive around bends and tamed your engines over there.

And as for your collaboration - I would add that 6 directors of BP are British, and 6 my dear, are American.

I also note now that you are practically defending your vehicle that for the last 6 pages you have slagged off
NICE BUDDY!!!
Yeah we are all FAT and OBSESSED with SIZE!!!
nice generalization of AMERICANS
it makes your point even more VALID!

CHEERS ol CHAPP
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 550i, 6 Speed Manual w/Sport Pkg, Black RPI Exhaust, Turner 15mm Rear Spacers, 20% Tint

Tosser! Let's not forget "Lend Lease" in your apparent disdain for Americans. Without it you BRITS would all be speaking GERMAN.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by melimel
butter?
I prefer cream cheese, but thanks! LoL!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DelVal550i
Tosser! Let's not forget "Lend Lease" in your apparent disdain for Americans. Without it you BRITS would all be speaking GERMAN.
NO, let's not forget Christopher Columbus either if you are going to bring up the War, and be careful what you say about that too, because my Grandfather served in France, Italy, Africa and Germany and I have the medals to prove it.

It just shows your mentality saying 'without you we would all be speaking German.'

Without the Brits you wouldn't have been able to come and help us anyway. It took you long enough - 2 years on recollection, we fought from 1939 to 1941 without you.

PS I'm not a tosser either. Let's not get personal eh, 'cus that's just cheap.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

wtf happened to this thread?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
wtf happened to this thread?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hahahahaha -- this thread is great!

Hey Gene - Your 535 sucks!

Quick Reply: Why the E60 550i is a dud....