E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who's first??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='404592' date='Mar 19 2007, 11:29 AM
OK, so now I have finally made it to the port for exit--

2 questions
1. BMWNA (800 #) tells me, once the car has made it to the port, they have no way to track the vehicle (they told me they won't even know when it's actually loaded on the ship). Is that correct (if anyone knows?)

2. BMWNA told me that the dealer will be my source of info at this point. My salesperson is a good guy and I'm very happy with my deal. I have purchased from him before. Since ordering the car on February 1, I have called him about 4 or 5 times with various questions from the M aero kit prices, to the Ipod adapter, etc. (all stuff I'd have been better off just asking you guys). During our last conversation, I got the idea that my calls are bugging him. My question is, am I a serious pain in the ass, or have you guys who have ordered an LCI or other BMW called as much as I have? Should I not give a crap that he is getting bothered because it's his job, or am I crossing the line in calling 5 times in 6 or so weeks?

Thanks.
1Q-A: BMW.usa, told me that my 528xi is on ship and I confirmed this(enroute) on OC-bmwusa 2 days later. Further info. can be obtained from bmw-usa it once the car reaches the prep. center in Virginia.

2Q-Aealer has always the latest info about the cars(may be 2-3 days prior to bmw-usa.info). Once it is on ship (mine is on march 16th), it takes 12 days to reach east coast. Expecting 1-week to reach chicago via Virginia from the arrival date at east coast.

All I can say is patience on both sides, they will arrive and we will enjoy our Executive class sedans soon. This is my first BMW. How about yours?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='404619' date='Mar 19 2007, 12:57 PM
1Q-A: BMW.usa, told me that my 528xi is on ship and I confirmed this(enroute) on OC-bmwusa 2 days later. Further info. can be obtained from bmw-usa it once the car reaches the prep. center in Virginia.

2Q-Aealer has always the latest info about the cars(may be 2-3 days prior to bmw-usa.info). Once it is on ship (mine is on march 16th), it takes 12 days to reach east coast. Expecting 1-week to reach chicago via Virginia from the arrival date at east coast.

All I can say is patience on both sides, they will arrive and we will enjoy our Executive class sedans soon. This is my first BMW. How about yours?
3rd BMW, but first that was built by my order (1st was already in production in Germany, 2nd was already built and in USA). I have never had to wait more than about 4 weeks to get my car, and those 4 weeks were tough enough. 8 weeks is for the birds. I was told my car arrived at the port on the 16th. It's pure guesswork as to how full these ships are and when they set sail, so I'm assuming I'll see my car some time in August, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised....
Old 03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
TC.
Members

My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='404611' date='Mar 19 2007, 05:21 PM
Painful, painful stuff. Just know that I have about 2 weeks before I have the privilege to even get to your level torment! So how often did you call your dealer?
Surprisingly enough this time round not that often - work has been hectic (approaching the end of the financial year) so haven't had a huge amount of time to invest in giving them hassle!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Question

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='404624' date='Mar 19 2007, 01:05 PM
3rd BMW, but first that was built by my order (1st was already in production in Germany, 2nd was already built and in USA). I have never had to wait more than about 4 weeks to get my car, and those 4 weeks were tough enough. 8 weeks is for the birds. I was told my car arrived at the port on the 16th. It's pure guesswork as to how full these ships are and when they set sail, so I'm assuming I'll see my car some time in August, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised....
PATIENCE
Pray that ship that ship has 1)navigation and does'nt get lost 2) have security and does'nt get hijacked3)does'nt sink-happened before-I read,
and someone has to wait for another few months and start all over again?
Jus kidding, do not take serious!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='404634' date='Mar 19 2007, 01:18 PM
PATIENCE
Pray that ship that ship has 1)navigation and does'nt get lost 2) have security and does'nt get hijacked3)does'nt sink-happened before-I read,
and someone has to wait for another few months and start all over again?
Jus kidding, do not take serious!
I know, I know, I'm being a typical, impatient ass#$%*. Like a fine wine, I'll waitttttttttttttt
Old 03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My car is again delayed, to the point where the 800 number tells me one thing, and the BMWNA rep tells me another, and the dealer tells me a third thing. We originally were shooting for delivery at the end of March. Then there were all these strange delays that others who were taking delivery farther away than NJ were not having. I noticed that the debut of the car in the US is at the NY Auto Show, which starts April 6.

I am thinking that they want to delay delivery until after the debut--seems to make sense. That way we will all get our cars in the US at least after the auto show. Just a guess.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='404739' date='Mar 19 2007, 05:59 PM
My car is again delayed, to the point where the 800 number tells me one thing, and the BMWNA rep tells me another, and the dealer tells me a third thing. We originally were shooting for delivery at the end of March. Then there were all these strange delays that others who were taking delivery farther away than NJ were not having. I noticed that the debut of the car in the US is at the NY Auto Show, which starts April 6.

I am thinking that they want to delay delivery until after the debut--seems to make sense. That way we will all get our cars in the US at least after the auto show. Just a guess.
my car is tsill at the port ..reached there 16th..not sure if it has sailed or not?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deelee' post='404749' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:38 PM
my car is tsill at the port ..reached there 16th..not sure if it has sailed or not?
My 528xi is en route per bmw-usa (Representative and owner's circle)
Boarded the ship on March 16th.per both
Old 03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Unhappy

Originally Posted by deelee' post='404749' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:38 PM

I do not know what to say about your situation and others'.
Mine 528xi is on enroute per bmw-usa(Representative, automated recording and Owner's circle)
Mine boarded on ship on March 16th (per Representative)
Maybe my dealer has connections there? just kidding!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Members

Talking

Talked to my chicago-dealer (Manager) today.
He said my 528xi is on ship - will arrive at prep.center(south carolina) on March 29th thurs,
will arrive at dealership in 3 days by Apr.2nd Mon,
will be ready to pickup with dealer installed extras by Apr.4th wed.
excited to see and drive my first BMW.....