E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who would buy a 550i now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the opposite of buyer's remorse?......that's what I feel everytime I drive my car
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='525943' date='Feb 1 2008, 02:49 PM
What's the opposite of buyer's remorse?......that's what I feel everytime I drive my car
You had to say this, now someone will start a 550i vs M5 thread.

M5
Old 02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Originally Posted by BMWSTL' post='525549' date='Jan 31 2008, 02:51 PM
Attachment 43711

That's all I have to say about this overly and repeatedly discussed discussion.

Lou
Old 02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='524206' date='Jan 29 2008, 10:25 AM
Guys, BMW was involved with the development of Dinan software, they have an agreement between them. Dinan covers parts due to failure including any consequential damages. That means stuff that was marginally related as well. The car is covered for 4yrs/50k miles, what more do you need to hear?
I did not see anything implying that the warranty is a "agreement/collaboration" between Dinan and BMW. In fact, Dinan even has a disclaimer:

"The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer’s components"

I also called and talked to Eric (Dinan's sale rep). He said Dinan's products are developed by Dinan's engineers, BMW has never involved in any product development.

I don't mean to start an argument. I'm interested in some Dinan mods myself (stage2 suspension, and probably cold air intake) but have been reluctant to do it because of warranty concern. May be I'll wait until BMW warranty expires.

Either way, have fun with your car. I'm sure it's a beast with 384HP
Old 02-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zen68' post='526121' date='Feb 1 2008, 10:45 PM
I did not see anything implying that the warranty is a "agreement/collaboration" between Dinan and BMW. In fact, Dinan even has a disclaimer:

"The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer?s components"

I also called and talked to Eric (Dinan's sale rep). He said Dinan's products are developed by Dinan's engineers, BMW has never involved in any product development.

I don't mean to start an argument. I'm interested in some Dinan mods myself (stage2 suspension, and probably cold air intake) but have been reluctant to do it because of warranty concern. May be I'll wait until BMW warranty expires.

Either way, have fun with your car. I'm sure it's a beast with 384HP
Zen, you are 100% right and I've stated this several times in this thread and elsewhere. There is no collaboration here and all there was in the past was a friendly relationship, not a business relationship.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Contributors

After reading each one of many posts, and carefully analyzing each argument, the clear conclusion is that the 550i is better than the 535i.

There is no doubt.

Those who decided on the 535i, enjoy, it is a great car also, you should be happy with it.
Don't feel bad when you see a 550i sport in Carbon Black pass by, remember that when the time comes to replace your car you get to choose again, go with the 555i when available.

The fact that most of you feel the need to mod your 535's is probably the best argument , (vishnu, dinan, etc).

The 550 is ready to be enjoyed, does not need mods.

I have respect for everyone regardless of what car they drive, but sometimes things are so clear and we create unnecesary debates.

Enjoy your cars, 535's are great cars and I would be happy with one if I had not chosen the 550.

Now I am looking forward to the 555i or whatever model designation BMW uses, my lease is up in 24 months, so I plan to drive my 550i for 2 years and enjoy it to the max, isn't it great not having to worry about maintenance?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Casper' post='526243' date='Feb 2 2008, 10:33 AM
After reading each one of many posts, and carefully analyzing each argument, the clear conclusion is that the 550i is better than the 535i.

There is no doubt.

Those who decided on the 535i, enjoy, it is a great car also, you should be happy with it.
Don't feel bad when you see a 550i sport in Carbon Black pass by, remember that when the time comes to replace your car you get to choose again, go with the 555i when available.

The fact that most of you feel the need to mod your 535's is probably the best argument , (vishnu, dinan, etc).

The 550 is ready to be enjoyed, does not need mods.

I have respect for everyone regardless of what car they drive, but sometimes things are so clear and we create unnecesary debates.

Enjoy your cars, 535's are great cars and I would be happy with one if I had not chosen the 550.

Now I am looking forward to the 555i or whatever model designation BMW uses, my lease is up in 24 months, so I plan to drive my 550i for 2 years and enjoy it to the max, isn't it great not having to worry about maintenance?

You're really looking to make friends here arent you? Your point of view is pretty biased, wouldnt you say? Do you feel bad when an M5 passes you by? The same reasons you didnt lease an M5 could be the same reasons someone didnt lease a 550 and went with a 535 whatever the reason. Why would you choose to try and make someone feel bad about their decision? I dont get it. It's the logic of a 16 yr. old. My bet is you either ARE 16 or you're just looking to ruffle feathers.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

You are right, Poleposition, Casper was ruffling feathers on the "bimmerfest" site which lead to him being banned for 3 days. Now he's doing it here.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Unforunately for us, he has a history of being childish. Just look thru the history of his posts. It's pretty comical. Either a confidence problem, insecurity issue, or most likely a severe inferiority complex. All the same, it seems.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='526335' date='Feb 2 2008, 03:36 PM
Unforunately for us, he has a history of being childish. Just look thru the history of his posts. It's pretty comical. Either a confidence problem, insecurity issue, or most likely a severe inferiority complex. All the same, it seems.
Guys, I am entitled to my opinion, I am not doing any personal attacks. I tought this forum had rules against personal attacks and that instead of attacking back I should complain to the moderators, but I am not doing that. Honestly, What is so wrong with my post? I am the one that posted about being banned from bimmerfest but was reinstated immediately, guess that "branded" me with some guys here.

I said the 535 is a great car and I would be happy if I had one.

Any way, I am going to ignore your personal attacks but will maintain my opinions on the subject.

Quick Reply: Who would buy a 550i now?