E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats your pet hate with the E60.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:44 AM
I still say it should have come standard with a trunk monkey.
[snapback]143702[/snapback]
Absolutely!!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:18 AM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by bakersdozen' date='Jun 27 2005, 11:07 PM
Ok, I've got one. There is no auto-unlock feature. Auto-lock is great, but when the car is put in park or turned off or key removed, how about auto-unlock?
[snapback]143579[/snapback]

Mine unlocks as soon as I return the key to the first position
Old 06-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

I really dislike the fact that all upgrades that they have come up with to rectify current problems always inevidently leads to new problems that require more and newer upgrades causing plenty of downtime.

BMW just can't get their act together.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov.2005,545i Black Sapphire, Auburn interior,SMG,Sport Package,Rear spoiler,35% tinted windows,Sirrius Radio,Xenon lights,DINAN High Flow Intake,DINAN Thottle Body, DINAN Free Flow Exhaust,DINAN 19" wheels,DINAN flywheel,

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 04:50 PM
When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have any other small niggles with the car?
[snapback]143205[/snapback]

water collection under sideview mirrors when I wash the car
having to accept I Drive disclaimer every time
air conditioning coming on every time I start the car and not at the previous settings
ratlles coming from armr rest in the back seat when riding over bumps
time lag even in the sport mode when changing gear with SMG
cup holder
etc. etc minor things
because I got it for the RIDE, the way it feels, taht is why I love it
Old 06-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

My pet peeve with this car really has nothing to do with the car physically.

It's that the BMW service departments never seem to know jack sh*t about the car when you have a problem. This seems to be universal across the country.

When I had Sirius installed, I had to go do the research and give them a part number because they had no clue it was available. On my 2004 530, when I wanted to install the CPT cradle they had no clue about it -- I also had to spend my time doing the research to find a part number. Then the 545 slam problem -- they were clueless and even went as far as to suggest that I wasn't used to driving a car with such power -- before I griped enough that they actually did some research on their own to find out about it.

I love the car, but never before in my life have I owned a vehicle where I knew more about the car than the dealership.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Jun 28 2005, 07:18 AM
My pet peeve with this car really has nothing to do with the car physically.

It's that the BMW service departments never seem to know jack sh*t about the car when you have a problem.? This seems to be universal across the country.

When I had Sirius installed, I had to go do the research and give them a part number because they had no clue it was available.? On my 2004 530, when I wanted to install the CPT cradle they had no clue about it -- I also had to spend my time doing the research to find a part number.? Then the 545 slam problem -- they were clueless and even went as far as to suggest that I wasn't used to driving a car with such power -- before I griped enough that they actually did some research on their own to find out about it.

I love the car, but never before in my life have I owned a vehicle where I knew more about the car than the dealership.
[snapback]143734[/snapback]
Welcome to reality. This the "Enthusiast vs. It's my job" mentality. You would think that a BMW dealership would be full of people that Live, Breathe, and Crave any and all information about BMW's. But, in reality, my experience with any car dealerships, being BMW or not, I always know more about the car I am buying/own than they do.

Salespeople are the worst with this phenomenom. An average car buyer could spend an hour reading the FAQ on this website and know more about the e60 than most salespeople. Very Sad, but true.

This is a very general theory of mine, and I am sure that each dealership has that BMW nut working there, but I haven't found him/her and have no way of doing that.

Let me know when you find that person or dealership.

Regards,

Michael
Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

[/quote]

water collection under sideview mirrors when I wash the car
having to accept I Drive disclaimer every time
air conditioning coming on every time I start the car and not at the previous settings
ratlles coming from armr rest in the back seat when riding over bumps
time lag even in the sport mode when changing gear with SMG
cup holder
etc. etc minor things
because I got it for the RIDE, the way it feels, taht is why I love it
[snapback]143720[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree the water drips under sideview mirrors, and under the headlights.

The iDrive disclaimer thing is a freaky bad idea. Get over it. Has that really helped in any lawsuit?

Lack of coinholders.

Lack of good, sturdy cupholders (like down at ankle level in door would be good -- then if it spills, in the event of the rare/common fast corner, it only goes on the floor).

It would be great if I could control ventilation flow to the rear seats from the driver seat. I have to ask people whether it's fine. I would like more conscious control, and stronger air flow, to the rear.

The sour smell at AC startup is yucky. Others have that problem, too.

Lack of cloaking device, permitting foolproof evading of law enforcement. Just pay the Klingons the friggin licensing fee and hook me up!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

well.....guess I am the lucky one here.....no problems at all....NONE.....
oh....except for the crappy cup holders.....I am in with my car
Old 06-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by mehall2' date='Jun 28 2005, 07:28 AM
Welcome to reality.? This the "Enthusiast vs. It's my job" mentality.? You would think that a BMW dealership would be full of people that Live, Breathe, and Crave any and all information about BMW's.?? But, in reality, my experience with any car dealerships, being BMW or not, I always know more about the car I am buying/own than they do.?
[snapback]143736[/snapback]
Very true! I stopped by my dealer last Saturday to see if they were getting the new door seals in yet. Well my regular SA wasn't there so I started to describe the issue to another SA and she actually told me all they can do is lube them up with the Carboflo. I then explained to her that BMW had told dealers to stop that and that new seals were now out, had been discussed several months ago on the Roundtable video. She seem shocked that I knew about the monthly Roundtable video. Needless to say she knew nothing about it, and that I will NOT be dealing with her again!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributors

> Lack of cloaking device, permitting foolproof evading of law enforcement.
> Just pay the Klingons the friggin licensing fee and hook me up!

Yeah! Without getting into a Star Trek digression about when we'd get cloaking technology (tempting, but I don't think it'd be generally appreciated by our membership), I do know of a colleague that had Laser rejector installed (on his E63), which is the closest thing I've seen to cloaking. He claims that it works for him (as a functioning laser jammer), but I've not read any authoritative reviews on the topic (though I recall a Fifth Gear episode that showed a functional laser jammeing system). The installation was very professional, I must say - stealthy, cosmetically clean, and apparently electronically sound.

Robert

Quick Reply: Whats your pet hate with the E60.