E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats your pet hate with the E60.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='Jun 27 2005, 06:49 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 10:50 PM']When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have any other small niggles with the car?
[snapback]143205[/snapback]
I use a Leaf Blower to blow most of the water off my car before finally drying it with my waffle weave MF towel. The leaf blower is brilliant for blasting water out of all the nooks and crannies so you don't end up with all those annoying dribbles that appear after you think you've finished drying the car.
[snapback]143346[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great Idea !!!!! My alternative to that is to take the car for a quick blast up-one junction of a local dual-carriageway. That gets the water off quickly enough !

Merv - Is your drive on a slope ? Mine is on a small slope, and I found that if I park facing upwards then I get the puddles, if I was the car facing downwards then no puddles!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:14 AM
IMU
Contributors

1. BMW do not include the interior auto-dimming rear view mirror as standard on 535d (when I am sure it was standard on the e46 (or at least on my 330 it was));

2. Wipers round the wrong way for RHD cars;

3. TV function costs extra with Prof Nav (unlike e46);

4. No MP3 compatibility;

otherwise i am in
Old 06-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i, Premium Package, Cold package.

Rattles
Cheap cup holders
Did I mention Rattles????
6 cd changer in dash (instead of the glove compartment)
idrive warning message at start up
rattles
Old 06-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IMU' date='Jun 27 2005, 12:14 PM
1.? BMW do not include the interior auto-dimming rear view mirror as standard on 535d (when I am sure it was standard on the e46 (or at least on my 330 it was));

2. Wipers round the wrong way for RHD cars;

3. TV function costs extra with Prof Nav (unlike e46);

4. No MP3 compatibility;

otherwise i am in?
[snapback]143374[/snapback]
The Auto-dimming interior mirror is now standard.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Members

[snapback]143387[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just purchased a 2006 530i
no idea of build date
it does not have the auto dimming mirror
I'm sure I saw that listed in one of the ppackages I didnt get
I think its only standard with permium package
and yes thats a niggle for me on a $50k car !
Old 06-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bassguitarman' date='Jun 27 2005, 02:57 PM
[snapback]143387[/snapback]
I just purchased a 2006 530i
no idea of build date
it does not have the auto dimming mirror
I'm sure I saw that listed in one of the ppackages I didnt get
I think its only standard with permium package
and yes thats a niggle for me on a $50k car !
[snapback]143401[/snapback]
[/quote]
Its standard here in the UK, as of March/April this year I believe. Does seem to be a bit miserly to not include it elsewhere!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Where do I start? The fact that we can't get the good steering wheel with the sport package in the US is just wrong. The sport seats were MUCH better in my E39. The headrests are horrible. The E39 headrests came right up to the back of your head. The E60 headrests are useless. Having to push the I-drive button to accept every time you start the car is slightly annoying. My steering wheel doesn't go down all the way in memory. I always have to adjust it down further. Personally, I haven't had any issues with the cupholders. The water falling into the car after a rain is also slightly annoying. The black mark that constantly reappears on the lower sill under the door is another annoying niggle. All of these things are minor. I do love the car but these things are annoying.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 04:50 PM
When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Try using a leaf blower to dry your car. I use it to get 90% of the water off my car. It's great for cracks and crevices. It also works wonders on the side view mirrors which would otherwise leak all over the car as you drove away! It really helps to have a couple of good coats of polish on the car to making blowing it off easier. It only takes me 1 towel to dry the car with this method. Another bonus is in the cold weather your hands don't get as cold!

My pet hate? The coat hanger in the back should be at the back to the handhold not the front! There's not enough room to hang your Jacket up properly with the hook in the position it's in!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Jun 27 2005, 12:18 AM
Nobody complains about the key in ignition chime when leaving the car. The key is out and it still chimes that it is being left in. The fact the chime is the same as lights left on is dangerous because I ignore the chime now since it goes off every time I get out of the car after turning it off.?
I also ditto half of the other gripes above.? Especially lack of storage space.
Also add that when FTM says you have a flat and to stop driving, and you only have a slow leak, it makes you worry there is more wrong with the car than your instincts tell you.? FTM should advise that if you have run flats, you can drive cautiously after checking them and not just stop right where you are. And it wouldn't it be too much to ask FTM which tire/tyre is low? It has to know which one it is to make the warning. It would tell me which one has a slow leak. Then, after a while, if another is actually flat that was not the slow leaker, I could take it more seriously.
[snapback]143331[/snapback]

How about not only telling you which tire it is but telling you the actual air pressure? My 99 vette gave you air pressure readings from each tire! Don't tell me GM is more advanced than BMW!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Jun 27 2005, 10:20 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 04:50 PM']When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Try using a leaf blower to dry your car. I use it to get 90% of the water off my car. It's great for cracks and crevices. It also works wonders on the side view mirrors which would otherwise leak all over the car as you drove away! It really helps to have a couple of good coats of polish on the car to making blowing it off easier. It only takes me 1 towel to dry the car with this method. Another bonus is in the cold weather your hands don't get as cold!

My pet hate? The coat hanger in the back should be at the back to the handhold not the front! There's not enough room to hang your Jacket up properly with the hook in the position it's in!
[snapback]143422[/snapback]
[/quote]

It drives me nuts cleaning the crevices, especially with the brake dust that accumulates in them. I must have used a hundred Q-Tips already. But hey, it gives me time to bond, so why am I complaining???

Quick Reply: Whats your pet hate with the E60.