E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats your pet hate with the E60.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Originally Posted by rduncan' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:50 AM
> Lack of cloaking device, permitting foolproof evading of law enforcement.?
> Just pay the Klingons the friggin licensing fee and hook me up!

Yeah! Without getting into a Star Trek digression about when we'd get cloaking technology (tempting, but I don't think it'd be generally appreciated by our membership), I do know of a colleague that had Laser rejector installed (on his E63), which is the closest thing I've seen to cloaking. He claims that it works for him (as a functioning laser jammer), but I've not read any authoritative reviews on the topic (though I recall a Fifth Gear episode that showed a functional laser jammeing system). The installation was very professional, I must say - stealthy, cosmetically clean, and apparently electronically sound.

? Robert
[snapback]143769[/snapback]
Can I have your car? Just for like a couple of years? Beautiful. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by mehall2' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:28 AM
[quote name='DFWRaider' date='Jun 28 2005, 07:18 AM']My pet peeve with this car really has nothing to do with the car physically.

It's that the BMW service departments never seem to know jack sh*t about the car when you have a problem.? This seems to be universal across the country.

When I had Sirius installed, I had to go do the research and give them a part number because they had no clue it was available.? On my 2004 530, when I wanted to install the CPT cradle they had no clue about it -- I also had to spend my time doing the research to find a part number.? Then the 545 slam problem -- they were clueless and even went as far as to suggest that I wasn't used to driving a car with such power -- before I griped enough that they actually did some research on their own to find out about it.

I love the car, but never before in my life have I owned a vehicle where I knew more about the car than the dealership.
[snapback]143734[/snapback]
Welcome to reality. This the "Enthusiast vs. It's my job" mentality. You would think that a BMW dealership would be full of people that Live, Breathe, and Crave any and all information about BMW's. But, in reality, my experience with any car dealerships, being BMW or not, I always know more about the car I am buying/own than they do.

Salespeople are the worst with this phenomenom. An average car buyer could spend an hour reading the FAQ on this website and know more about the e60 than most salespeople. Very Sad, but true.

This is a very general theory of mine, and I am sure that each dealership has that BMW nut working there, but I haven't found him/her and have no way of doing that.

Let me know when you find that person or dealership.

Regards,

Michael
[snapback]143736[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is why you see so many "drifters" in the car business, in particular, sales people. The "enthusiasts" who are excited about the product they sell are the successful ones who do well in the long term. The rest, who look at it as a job, fall by the wayside. The latter, unfortunately, comprise the majority.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by niktee' date='Jun 28 2005, 11:40 AM
[That is why you see so many "drifters" in the car business, in particular, sales people.? The "enthusiasts" who are excited about the product they sell are the successful ones who do well in the long term.? The rest, who look at it as a job, fall by the wayside.? The latter, unfortunately, comprise the majority.
[snapback]143793[/snapback]
I had a long discussion with my salesman and the salse manager on this very topic. Both of them agreed that the more successful salesman are not the most technically savy. For example, my salesman has no idea how the SMG works, and does not care. The sales force presumes that if a potential cusomer comes in with that type of knoweldge, they have already done their homework and are only there to negotiate a price. If the customer does not have a high level of knowledge, the salesmen know enough basic info to get by, e.g., displacemant and horsepower.

In the end, my salesman told me he can sell allot more cars by pointing out that they are shiny and black than by explaining the difference between DSC and DTC.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

the head rests.....at a comfortable position for me.... the back of my head is still about 5-6 inches form the head rest.....i wish we can change them into the comfort package style...
another.... for a jet black car.... i think the clearcoat and paint is a little thin.
turn signals arent within my visual perception.,... i think its the steering wheel that blocks it
othere than that...... just love the car.... actually plugged the carand the website to one of the e.r docs... and is planning to get his soon....
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

One other little niggle I had with my first e60 was on the drivers side where the bonnet meets the windscreen it was slightly misaligned. When I got into my new e60 it had the same misalignment! Unbelievable!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Definitely the windscreen wipers. They are the wrong way around on right hand drive models.
That, and the fact that I have to push the button on the dash to unlock the boot after I opened the drivers' door.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:05 PM
One other little niggle I had with my first e60 was on the drivers side where the bonnet meets the windscreen it was slightly misaligned. When I got into my new e60 it had the same misalignment! Unbelievable!!!!
[snapback]143929[/snapback]
yes both my E60's were/are like this......in fact i always look at the ones in the dealers and they are all like this!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

My pet hate is I dont get mine until October 3rd
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Jun 29 2005, 09:11 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:05 PM']One other little niggle I had with my first e60 was on the drivers side where the bonnet meets the windscreen it was slightly misaligned. When I got into my new e60 it had the same misalignment! Unbelievable!!!!
[snapback]143929[/snapback]
yes both my E60's were/are like this......in fact i always look at the ones in the dealers and they are all like this!!!!
[snapback]144137[/snapback]
[/quote]

I could understand it on the petrol models but not those fine diesel models!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Jun 29 2005, 04:25 PM
My pet hate is I dont get mine until October 3rd?
[snapback]144302[/snapback]
Don't waist your pet hate on that. Wait untill you get the car, I'm sure you'll find something little.

Quick Reply: Whats your pet hate with the E60.