E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's the most stupid thing about the E60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by pukka' post='534382' date='Feb 22 2008, 02:12 AM
Mine works fine with the key off. Maybe its an LCI change.

Most annoying thing is the permanent split screen on the display. I don't need a NAV display everytime I drive. It would be nice to either switch to another function or make it go away completely.
Nope. Not an LCI change. Mine works with the key off, too.

You can change the display for the right side screen.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by smoppett' post='534501' date='Feb 22 2008, 07:52 AM
Perhaps there should be a list of alarms that you can select where you see them (centre screen, between the instruments, on the HUD, with/without a bong).

I would like a silent notification when the auto lights turn on and off.
whenever i hear that it scares me thinking that it might be the tire pressure sensor telling me i have a flat or something *knock on wood*
Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by B M What' post='534549' date='Feb 22 2008, 12:14 PM
I will deffinatly try that as soon as it stops snowing here, thanks Rudy
In my last car, I found a cool way to mimic the feeling of a convertible. Close the front windows, open the sunroof, and lower the rear windows all the way. It's great, and there's not too much wind noise.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550i, Jet Black, Sport Pack, Comfort seats, Logic 7, PDC, Nav/Sat - stock for now

1. No place to put cell phone.

2. Drink holders (doesn't fit my super sized coke, 40 ounce Big Gulp, or Riedel wine glass)

3. No place for spare change.

4. The Homelink garage door open only functions whenthe car is on, so you are starting your car with the garage door down.

Just my .02
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by lylerichards' post='534575' date='Feb 22 2008, 09:48 AM

4. The Homelink garage door open only functions whenthe car is on, so you are starting your car with the garage door down.

Just my .02
i always put my cell phone in the little holder by the cigarette lighter. i always found it to be a good spot. a lot of my friends though with whatever car they have, i find them putting a cell phone holder clipped to the sunvisor and that looks like a good spot as well.

for the garage, just open it right after you start your car

just my opinion.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lylerichards' post='534575' date='Feb 22 2008, 12:48 PM

2. Drink holders (doesn't fit my super sized coke, 40 ounce Big Gulp, or Riedel wine glass)

3. No place for spare change.

Just my .02
1. What's wrong with: the door pocket, the armrest storage, the storage cup by the ashtray, your pocket, the passenger seat, etc.?
2. Get normal sized drinks.
3. See number 1, minus the door pocket and passenger seat.
4. Open the garage before you get in the car.

Here's your change. $.01
Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550i, Jet Black, Sport Pack, Comfort seats, Logic 7, PDC, Nav/Sat - stock for now

Hey, I am just saying what appears to overlooked from my perspective.

I don't drink Big Gulps, but the holders don't fit most bottled waters or sport drinks. As far as the cell phone goes I don't like to have to dig for my cell phone, but I guess that is just personal preference. I do open my garage door before I start it and thinking more I guess it is a security thing anyway so no one can get into your garage if your car is parked outside.

L

PS- I am not a 60 year old man that carrys a piggy bank full of change in his pocket. Hey you have to remember we have the $1 & $2 coin up here in Canada, you need it for parking.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Members

things that bother me a little bit about my e60s...

well if you turn off the car and you have the auto wipers and in motion they just kinda stop there in the middle of the front window... it would be nice if they would just return back to their resting position instead of looking all outta place

huge center console/armrest thing, but very limited storage space in there... i know you can use the door storage but having in plain view isn't always the best idea
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i 10/12 Delivery Date - Deep Sea Blue Metallic: Black Nasca Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, SAT, Logic 7, HD Radio, SatNav, Power Rear Sunshades, Comfort Access, Active Steering, iPod/USB interface, and Bamboo Anthracite Trim. Other ride: Lexus 95 LS400 193000 Miles and still going.

IMO I think the most stupid thing is to have that small door in the trunk on the left side of the car that leads to no where. This is for the LCI models as the previous models from what I heard have a compartment there. I understand that there's equipment in that spot that prevents having a compartment, but why not eliminate the door and make it a normal looking panel. Or give the LCI a compartment no matter what size it is, even it is only 1/2" in depth or 1/4" thick where only papers can fit in there. It would be nice to put that door to some kind of use. Anyone who has taken off the left trim in the trunk(LCI models) see if there is any room to put a custom sized compartment behind that door?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by smoppett' post='534504' date='Feb 22 2008, 11:56 AM
I thought it had more to do with Comfort Access. With CA, get in car push start. Without CA, get in car, insert key, push start. You can's turn a key if you haven't got a key to turn.

From what I understand, it has nothing to do with whether you can turn the key or not. The push button start requires a two step process which apparently makes it more difficult to hotwire. This is what I have been told.

Quick Reply: What's the most stupid thing about the E60?