E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do u hate about your 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 6speed e60

the fact that it drives you crazy if you don't put your seatbelts on... HATE THAT SH*T!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with:

Rattles--too many.

No seatbelt height adjustment.

CDV--it's in the shop today to have that removed. I can't imagine why anyone would want it. Thanks to the more knowledgeable people here who pointed out the problem and the fix. Until I became enlightened here I couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull off a smooth shift into first or second gear.

Also:

I think the climate control system doesn't adjust well to temperature changes caused by direct sunlight, but admittedly this is a big pet peeve of mine in most cars.

The 3.0 inline six is silky smooth but a bit under powered. I'm going to buy my lease out a few months early to get the V-8. If I was going to keep this one I'd pay for the supercharger.

Disagree with:

Idrive--I didn't find it hard to figure out and don't find it hard to use. While the startup warning is silly it doesn't take much to turn it off.

Run flats--they may not be ideal but on New Year's Eve when I walked out to a no pressure tire at 2 am that I could still use I was pretty happy to have them.

Cupholders--they don't work well for any cans or bottles, but I found a plastic cup that fits perfectly. All you do is give it a twist and it stays put around the sharpest corners.

Quality control--I'm at 10,000 and except for the occasional rattles no problems yet. JJ.