E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what color ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 18 2003, 08:06 PM
unfortunately BMWNA Individual is only offering the truffle brown leather/cloth option on the E60 hence ruled out for me.
BMWNA Individual??? Are you in the U.S. or Canada? I know BMW Individual is supposed to be available in Canada, but BMW NA and the dealers have consistantly told me over the years that BMW NA does not offer BMW Individual for it's customers in the US. Where did you get the information about the Truffle Brown leather/cloth option offered by BMW NA Individual. Is it on their website or a brochure? It would be good news if BMW NA starts accepting BMW Individual orders. But then again if they limit you to what you can have (e.g. only clolth/leather combo Truffle) then it is not like the real BMW Individual, is it? Allowing the order of a standard color/upholstry interior like the Truffle cloth/leather option should not really involve BMW Individual anyways because that is a standard E60 offering in Europe. BMW Individual gets involved in non standard or custom stuff only.

Please clarify if you can where you found the info. on the BMW NA Individual offerings.

Thanks in Advance,
rodybmw
Old 11-19-2003, 02:53 PM

rodybmw,
the above info is from suitable personnel within BMWNA/US.
however at this time the offering is limited to as stated above and in that sense not as flexible/complete as the BMWIndividual that you expect.

my take...
approach your dealer with this information and get the pricing on it if this leather/cloth combi is of significant interest to you.
alternatively wait till you are closer to purchase, perhaps more Individual options may be available in the future. in the meantime you may be able to see more pics/cars with this option.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 19 2003, 05:53 PM
the above info is from suitable personnel within BMWNA/US. however at this time the offering is limited to as stated above and in that sense not as flexible/complete as the BMWIndividual that you expect.
I'm not necessarily interested in the leather/cloth combo but what I am interested in is the fact that they are telling you that this specific option is available for special order. If someone has decided that this item is available then there must be a "list" of other items available-surely it can't be the ONLY thing available for special order. Last time I spoke with my salesman a couple of weeks ago he did not mention this (and he is pretty knowledgable about these things and used to do a lot of custom orders a few years ago).

Is there a way for me to get contact info. on your sources so that I or my salesman can contact them? If you don't feel comfortable giving their contact info can you find out from them where in BMW NA my salesman can contact (department and/or persons) to get more information about what is available?

Obviously if they are makeing certain options available for special order they can't keep it a secret, right? They have to share it with the dealers.

One more thing, are they actually going to call this "BMW Individual"?

Again, I appreciate all your help and thanks in advance,

rodybmw
Old 11-20-2003, 08:45 AM

Obviously if they are makeing certain options available for special order they can't keep it a secret, right? They have to share it with the dealers.

One more thing, are they actually going to call this "BMW Individual"?
exactly my point, your dealer should approach BMWNA to get the official response, cos that's what matters. this specific option info pertains to 'special order options' which falls within the 'BMW Individual' concept/process .
i do not expect that a specific list (at least for the E60 for US) exists yet,
but i have the impression that some effort is being put into bringing 'BMW Individual' back to US customers, though i have no details.

i apologize for not being more helpful,
but your dealership is the correct channel to pursue things through.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 AM

rodybmw,
forgot this bit,
the info about the truffle-brown leather/cloth was requested to the BMWNA official and response conveyed on this board.
as to whether there is a BMW Individual list based on model/year, i do not know,
but the response/cost will depend on the specific option/car you request.
i have been told by BMWNA that every US dealer has the ability to fwd the customers BMW Individual request to BMWNA.
if dealerships don't oblige then find an alternative or inform BMWNA.
hope that helps.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 20 2003, 11:45 AM
your dealership is the correct channel to pursue things through.
OK, I will try to have my salesman look into it again and see if he can get a different answer from BMW NA.

Thanks Again,

rodybmw