E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What attracted you to the E60's styling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

The incredibly low lease rate and high residual.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Styling had little to do with my choice. Initiallly I preferred the styling of the Acura RL, the Benz E500, the Audi A6 and the new Lexus GS. But none of these cars offers what the 545i does in terms of driving dynamics combined with comfort. And now that I have the car, the styling is definitely growing on me.

One thing I liked immediately about the e60 is its interior design. It had gotten some criticism on these boards, but I think it is very clean and user-friendly.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

I had such a good experience with my E39 that when the time came for a replacement there was no question that it would be a BMW, but which one?

I have to say that the styling of the E60 convinced me. It makes most other cars on the road look old fashioned. And the other manufacturers who have tried to copy the design fall short. I have never had a car that generated so many comments by friends and strangers alike. Everyone loves the look.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I like everything about the design. As an architect I like the car a lot.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, 5/2/2005, Jet Black, Blk Leather, Cold W., Premium Sound, Sport, Comfort Seats, HUD, SMG

Function over form for me. As an engineer, I luv the techno-goodies (SMG , ARS, AS ) . The styling of this car had to grow on me before I began to like it. Honestly, at first I thought it looked a little Japanese esp. from the sides; but now I don't think so. The aggressive stance sets it apart from the rest.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:50 AM
[quote name='Jeffs' date='Jun 28 2005, 11:46 PM']When I was choosing the car...I was also looking at the CLS500. Styling wise both inside out the mercedes wins big time. But I bought the e60 for the powerful 4.4 v8 the 545 gives...the 6 speed transmission and knowledge of the fact that it would blow andy CLS 500 off the highway and the twisties....
[snapback]144019[/snapback]
Have you been inside a CLS???????
[snapback]144020[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes I have been inside the CLS and I must admit that it's goddamn gorgeous. The E60 interior looks so much cheaper and lousier than the CLS interior. Even the dashboard ishand-stitched with leather. But no way can a CLS compete with a 545 on the road....thats why although I was not attracted to the styling of the E60...I was attracted to the driving dynamics of the car which made me purchase the 545....
Old 06-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My first impression from 'spy' photos were :'(
Then i met one on the autobahn in munich then another and another......
OMG please I am a weak mortal.

during that trip, i got an exclusive tour inside the m-studio and stopped by nederlassung BMW.
i cannot stop looking at the e60.
the design is so fresh and hip. this 4 door car is sick!

but a 4 door car for me? that is quite unimaginable. never!!
my longest debate turns out to be the fastest decision.

when the lease of my gorgeous e46 3series coupe ends, there is no other car.
no test drive needed. e60 in 30 minutes.
I am very BMW brand loyal since a child, i remember family discussions about how addictive to a driver a BMW drives, which stuck in my mind. later in life my group of buddies owns BMW after BMW.

my e60 receive compliments, looks and attention which makes me blush, i have not expected such huge reaction to a '4 door' car.
it feels incredible especially from the looks and comments of those merc, audi and infiniti owners; i nearly have to make excuses to express how 'not so great' or 'its nice thanks', when i see the lust and lost in their eyes. don't feel bad you'll own one some day.

wish i have the same continued interest and undying love for the same woman for more than a year...well thats another story.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 AM
IMU
Contributors

I was drawn in by the look of the "sport" models when they were released in the UK - before that I was indifferent about the e60's style.

Once I heard about the 535d's power/economy - I took a test drive and ever since my face looks like:

Old 06-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

The reason to buy this car was its size for me. I mean I have alsways driven Audi because of the Quattro but the new A6 is too long for my garage. E60 fits excatly
What a reason. Well for me: cars -it has always been Audi or BMW,t he rest should not be called a car Especially I can't stand MB and its owners....

Also got a huge discount on a dealers stock car.

But after all I like the car
Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

style and driving dynamics . i seriously thought about a clk before but after test drove both of them...do i need to say more ? unlike most of the cars on the road, people who like the style of e60 are from all age groups. last week when i was at the stop light at night, a group of japanese ladies walked in front of my car and screamed . i have my windows closed and music was kind of loud but i still could hear their loud conversations. they all said my car is so cool (especially the angel eyes), very nice and this and that (sorry, my japanese isn't that good ). i was so embarassed because other people might think they were looking at a enzo, not my dirty e60 .