E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by alexbaldy
I did this over weekend, and no difference on 2010 528i with Auto trany wit D/S, my car is US model.

What I learned from this is:

1. There's no way to tell if this mod will work on your car - you have to try it.

2. To prove point "1" I made a spreadsheet (link) of the cars forum users listed in this thread, if you look at the list you'll get that really no one can tell if will work on your car.

3. This mod is probably the easiest that you can do. At least on LCI models. It takes about 15 minutes to get wires tapped and try.

Hey guys, good to see so many using the mod, it definitely looks different for LHD LCI cars and good to see a pic so you know where the connector is. Don't forget to get the full effect of the sport mode (SPORT in the LCD panel and the super quick throttle response) you need to recode the gearbox with the 2TB version. It's quite daunting trawling through the Internet but you need the cable, INPA software and the correct gearbox software. It takes around 10 mins to complete once you've faffed around getting INPA etc working. Then it will be true SPORT mode, def worth the extra work, but not for the feint hearted!
The following users liked this post:
NWMoss (12-10-2019)
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Got introduced yesterday about this mod, today i did it. Bought the Cables from bmw.. and just some random button. I mounted the button in the "sunglassdepartment"

My car: 2004 E60, 530i Manual gearbox with the M54B30 Engine..

Well, what can i say? It was Worth it. Better response and a smooth acceleration I just had a little testrun tonight, i probably will get to know/feel it better.

EDIT: Is there something that has to be modified with the gearbox on a car that has manual transmission? I mean i inpa, ncs?

Last edited by F-Tar; 06-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:15 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Does this mod only include E60? Not E90?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i base model
Model Year: 2006

Is it posisible to get the oem sport button without the whole console trim? I can't find anything that looks close to factory.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by dakest
Is it posisible to get the oem sport button without the whole console trim? I can't find anything that looks close to factory.
Yes and part numbers are within this thread. Also, it would be harder to install the OEM button because it has an ovalish shape. It would be easier to use an aftermarket button since it is round. See Rosink's video.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:54 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i base model

Originally Posted by balbs
Yes and part numbers are within this thread. Also, it would be harder to install the OEM button because it has an ovalish shape. It would be easier to use an aftermarket button since it is round. See Rosink's video.
I seen it but I want the oem look or close, I can make it work even if it shaped like that.
I have seen a couple on ebay but they are selling the whole trim.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 AM
New Members

Tested personally by me on E60 535d 2005 (automatic trans.) and there is no change when in D mode. I will try it again when DS active
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Glad to be finally down with the crew a few months ago I did the sat shifter retrofit on my prelci with a dummy sport button that at the time did nothing then Balbs told me about this thread and so i contacted my man roger at motive mods and sent him back my button and he wired it up for me to work for real just like the one you guys have been installing, however I got the real thing hehehe..... still not installed fully yet this was a test video.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by spediegunz
Glad to be finally down with the crew a few months ago I did the sat shifter retrofit on my prelci with a dummy sport button that at the time did nothing then Balbs told me about this thread and so i contacted my man roger at motive mods and sent him back my button and he wired it up for me to work for real just like the one you guys have been installing, however I got the real thing hehehe..... still not installed fully yet this was a test video.
Awesome dude!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
Awesome dude!!!
thanks bro.

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be