E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice command problems with Sirius Satellite?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone experienced a problemwith switching to satellite radio via voice command? When I enter a voice command for the satellite radio, it comes on but the display will do something very wierd. It will give me the FM menu with AM stations or the AM menu with FM stations. Despite the display, the satellite radio goes on and the steering wheel controller adjusts the presets for satellite. Once in a while it will get it right? Is this a software problem, an installation programming problem, or something else? Will V19 fix it? Thx.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by jtblaw1' date='Sep 3 2005, 09:40 AM
Has anyone experienced a problemwith switching to satellite radio via voice command?? When I enter a voice command for the satellite radio, it comes on but the display will do something very wierd.? It will give me the FM menu with AM stations or the AM menu with FM stations.? Despite the display, the satellite radio goes on and the steering wheel controller adjusts the presets for satellite.? Once in a while it will get it right?? Is this a software problem, an installation programming problem, or something else?? Will V19 fix it?? Thx.
[snapback]166547[/snapback]
Sometimes the ghost in my machine misunderstands what I say. Then, I go somewhere I don't want to go. Other than that I don't have trouble with my voice recognition--at least when I remember the commands. I set the right-middle-"arrow"-up key to toggle among the various entertainment media. I prefer this approach to the voice- recognition method. I use voice recognition mainly for my Bluetooth phone. I imagine I have V18 since my car is very new.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

The VC for Sat Radio do not seem to be too extensive yet. DOn't know if they will improve or not. My most consistent VC is "Satellite Radio Menu" it will go to the main Satellite menu and start playing at the last channel I was at. After the main menu the only other commands via voice appear to be "Presets", "All Channels" and "Categories". Nothing else seems to work consistently - resulting in strang menus or responses. One steering wheel programmable can control the entertainment choices including Sat Radio (FM, AM, WB, CD, SAT at least in USA) and the arrow buttons can switch between presets when in Sat radio. This works pretty good for me except during football season when I am surfing all over the place for games.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Sep 3 2005, 06:10 PM
The VC for Sat Radio do not seem to be too extensive yet.? DOn't know if they will improve or not.? My most consistent VC is "Satellite Radio Menu" it will go to the main Satellite menu and start playing at the last channel I was at.? After the main menu the only other commands via voice appear to be "Presets", "All Channels" and "Categories".? Nothing else seems to work consistently - resulting in strang menus or responses.? One steering wheel programmable can control the entertainment choices including Sat Radio (FM, AM, WB, CD, SAT at least in USA) and the arrow buttons can switch between presets when in Sat radio.? This works pretty good for me except during football season when I am surfing all over the place for games.
[snapback]166682[/snapback]
That's the way it all works for me.