E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vocie Command for SAT Radio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by mud puppy' date='May 5 2005, 06:53 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='May 5 2005, 02:25 PM'][quote name='mud puppy' date='May 5 2005, 10:20 AM'][quote name='SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 08:35 PM']I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Looked on the PDF of voice commands and nothing there.

Does voice comman not work to switch to SAT Radio?

Thanks
[snapback]124146[/snapback]

My experience is different. I have a 2005 545 with Nav and Sirius. I can use a voice command to turn on the Sat radio and also recall the preset stations. It will not allow me to change the stations with a voice command however, but I may not be using the right command for that.

I was told at delivery I have the latest software. I just took delivery last week and the car just arrived at the dealership. I do have the perspective view on the Nav.

Hope this helps.
[snapback]124454[/snapback]
[/quote]
Welcome mud puppy and congrats on your fine ride

Do u know ur CIP version? Would help in answering as different versions often have upgrades/features previous versions do not have yet. As yours may be so new that u have a CIP v16.x. As u can tell in my sig I am at 15.2.

U can put a lot of info in your signature (specs, mods, CIP version, other comments) so that it always comes up and u do not have to think about it.

And just what are the exact words u use to get to SAT. And which presets are u referring to? I assume u mean when you first get to the SAT window it simply lists your presets. The same button that allows you to switch CD tracks will scroll you thru the SAT presets, if u did not already know that (up scroll and & down scroll).

Again welcome aboard the best damn auto forum in existance.
[snapback]124519[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cobradav,

I don't know the CIP version... I asked my saleman, but he didn't have a clue.

I've read a few post about where to find that info but at this point it is a bit out of my reach.

To open the Sat radio, I simply say satellite radio and Mr. computer says satellite radio open and it opens to the presets page tuned to the category that was playing when I last listened.
[snapback]124651[/snapback]
[/quote]
KEWL know what to expect when I get upgraded.

AFAIK there is no 100% sure way to figure out ur CIP version. Only the Status Report obtained from your dealer (service department) can tell u. Next time ur in for service (hope its a long time and only routine maintenance) ask them for a printout of Status Report.