E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Vocie Command for SAT Radio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Looked on the PDF of voice commands and nothing there.

Does voice comman not work to switch to SAT Radio?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 06:35 PM
I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Thanks
[snapback]124146[/snapback]
Nope, VR has not caught up to the latest working systems. Aux Input is also not included. However, Sat Radio is included in the "entertainment list" that you can program to one of the steering wheel buttons.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 Titanium Gray, Black Dakota, Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Cold weather, Nav, Logic7, Sirius

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 08:35 PM

Thanks

My experience is different. I have a 2005 545 with Nav and Sirius. I can use a voice command to turn on the Sat radio and also recall the preset stations. It will not allow me to change the stations with a voice command however, but I may not be using the right command for that.

I was told at delivery I have the latest software. I just took delivery last week and the car just arrived at the dealership. I do have the perspective view on the Nav.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='May 5 2005, 01:10 AM
Aux Input is also not included.
[snapback]124164[/snapback]
It is on mine. Press the button, say "audio aux" and up it pops...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by mud puppy' date='May 5 2005, 10:20 AM
[quote name='SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 08:35 PM']I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Thanks

My experience is different. I have a 2005 545 with Nav and Sirius. I can use a voice command to turn on the Sat radio and also recall the preset stations. It will not allow me to change the stations with a voice command however, but I may not be using the right command for that.

I was told at delivery I have the latest software. I just took delivery last week and the car just arrived at the dealership. I do have the perspective view on the Nav.

Hope this helps.
[snapback]124454[/snapback]
[/quote]
Welcome mud puppy and congrats on your fine ride

Do u know ur CIP version? Would help in answering as different versions often have upgrades/features previous versions do not have yet. As yours may be so new that u have a CIP v16.x. As u can tell in my sig I am at 15.2.

U can put a lot of info in your signature (specs, mods, CIP version, other comments) so that it always comes up and u do not have to think about it.

And just what are the exact words u use to get to SAT. And which presets are u referring to? I assume u mean when you first get to the SAT window it simply lists your presets. The same button that allows you to switch CD tracks will scroll you thru the SAT presets, if u did not already know that (up scroll and & down scroll).

Again welcome aboard the best damn auto forum in existance.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clived' date='May 5 2005, 10:52 AM
[quote name='cobradav' date='May 5 2005, 01:10 AM']Aux Input is also not included.
[snapback]124164[/snapback]
It is on mine. Press the button, say "audio aux" and up it pops...
[snapback]124465[/snapback]
[/quote]
Best I can get is the Entertainment Options list when I say Audio Aux, or Aux Audio.

What CIP version are u?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by mud puppy' date='May 5 2005, 11:20 AM
[quote name='SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 08:35 PM']I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Thanks

Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Can you play MP3's?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 06:35 PM

Thanks
Just took delivery on a new 545i, April 05 build with Nav and Sat. radio factory installed. Voice command works for Sat radio. Say sat.radio and it answers "Sat Radio Pure Jazz" which is my #1 Preset. Don't know if this is because car is new or if the soft wear is also of a newer type.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by netjazz' date='May 5 2005, 01:34 PM
[quote name='SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 06:35 PM']I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Thanks
Just took delivery on a new 545i, April 05 build with Nav and Sat. radio factory installed. Voice command works for Sat radio. Say sat.radio and it answers "Sat Radio Pure Jazz" which is my #1 Preset. Don't know if this is because car is new or if the soft wear is also of a newer type.
[snapback]124543[/snapback]
[/quote]
Uuuh neto. I do believe u have a 16.x CIP. I'll add that to my list to check out next week when I am in for service, which should include CIP update.

You might want to update your signature as well.

Can any other 16.x users with SAT and / or Aux Input chime in on VR capabilities for these two functions?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 Titanium Gray, Black Dakota, Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Cold weather, Nav, Logic7, Sirius

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='May 5 2005, 02:25 PM
[quote name='mud puppy' date='May 5 2005, 10:20 AM'][quote name='SolarFactory' date='May 4 2005, 08:35 PM']I can use voice commands to switch between entertainment sources, ie: FM Radio, CD, Cd changer, but I can't get it to switch to SAT Radio with a voice command.

Thanks

Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Welcome mud puppy and congrats on your fine ride

Do u know ur CIP version? Would help in answering as different versions often have upgrades/features previous versions do not have yet. As yours may be so new that u have a CIP v16.x. As u can tell in my sig I am at 15.2.

U can put a lot of info in your signature (specs, mods, CIP version, other comments) so that it always comes up and u do not have to think about it.

And just what are the exact words u use to get to SAT. And which presets are u referring to? I assume u mean when you first get to the SAT window it simply lists your presets. The same button that allows you to switch CD tracks will scroll you thru the SAT presets, if u did not already know that (up scroll and & down scroll).

Again welcome aboard the best damn auto forum in existance.
[snapback]124519[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cobradav,

I don't know the CIP version... I asked my saleman, but he didn't have a clue.

I've read a few post about where to find that info but at this point it is a bit out of my reach.

To open the Sat radio, I simply say satellite radio and Mr. computer says satellite radio open and it opens to the presets page tuned to the category that was playing when I last listened.

Quick Reply: Vocie Command for SAT Radio??