E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Vibration dampener might be damaged, AC belt removal..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a problem with my 05 530DAT M-sport. It has a distinctive shuddering at low revs. If I let the door open and give some pedal to reach 700-900 rpm the whole door shakes from vibration. Also low thud-thud-thud sound is heard through drivers footwell, around at 1/6th of speed of rpms. Also when turning at low speed I can feel vibration via steering wheel (also might be the RFT tires which are pretty worn out..) Also when putting to gear it goes away a bit. Just after starting the car it is most noticeable.

We have checked the injector values and there should not be problems. The car has run only for 70k kilometres and has been serviced as required, all breathers and such have been changed 10k km ago.

So now I am trying to isolate the problem by removing all belts so I could check out if the vibration dampener is the culprit. The long belt is easy to take off but I have to also take off the AC belt too.

Can anyone fish out a TIS document for me or tell me how to do that without breaking anything and buying special tools?

If it isn?t the damper then it might be the gearbox which is going to cost wayyy more..

I have also had some problems with tranny lately, it has not been able to decide which gear to use and rpms rapidly go up and down and car jerks a bit. Also at low speed cruise it feels like its accelerating and decelerating from time to time and it was really hard to get it to change the gear down automatically, I had to use manual shift mode.

Torque converter?