E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which option, that you paid for on your new E60, do you think is the most useless ?
Cruise Control
18.62%
Hi Gloss Shadow Line
22.07%
Xenon headlamps
0%
Comfort Seats
0%
Rear/Side blinds
19.31%
Head up display
7.59%
Active steering
6.21%
Adaptive headlights
6.90%
Dynamic drive
4.14%
Other (Please specify)
15.17%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Useless options

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the adrenaline still pumping from the excitement of the polls at the UK elections ...........I thought we'd have a new poll!

I've tried to think of all the possible most useless things one might add !!!

Of course mine has none of the said options.........with the exception of Cruise, but then that actually comes as standard on the UK sport model
Old 05-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

For me the TV function is the most useless option, because I bought it for text, and it can't display text. That's why I had to buy the settop box.

But I truly hope my fire extinguishers will be the most useless option I bought...
I hope I never need to use them...
Old 05-06-2005, 07:17 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

For me Active Cruise control seems like the most useless option due to its high cost.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Not on your list, but I'd say the cold weather package. I wouldn't have ordered it, but it was on the car I bought from dealer inventory. I do like the thicker steering wheel, though!

Probably second on the list would be nav. I primarily got it because it comes with voice command (which I love). I honestly don't use the nav much at all (and didn't in my previous car with nav), but the voice command is great.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 6 2005, 04:28 PM
I actually find all the options in my car useful, but if I had to say which is the least useful, it would be nav.? I primarily got it because it comes with voice command (which I love).? I honestly don't use the nav much at all (and didn't in my previous car with nav), but the voice command is great.
[snapback]124938[/snapback]
Do you always know where you are going !!?
I deliberately did not add NAV, because IMHO this is actually a very useful option..........I would love to have it on my car!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Gudge' date='May 6 2005, 08:31 AM
[quote name='stream' date='May 6 2005, 04:28 PM']I actually find all the options in my car useful, but if I had to say which is the least useful, it would be nav.? I primarily got it because it comes with voice command (which I love).? I honestly don't use the nav much at all (and didn't in my previous car with nav), but the voice command is great.
[snapback]124938[/snapback]
Do you always know where you are going !!?
I deliberately did not add NAV, because IMHO this is actually a very useful option..........I would love to have it on my car!
[snapback]124940[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, most times I do know how to get where I'm going!! And for those times when I don't, I typicaly use yahoo maps so I know how to get there and about how long it will take, before I get in the car.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Contributors

One person's useless option is another's must-have.

Since I live in the U.S. Sunbelt, the rear/side sunshades were a must-have option on my E60. I use them all summer. They keep the interior noticeably cooler. I wouldn't want an E60 without 'em.

Now, heated seats aren't an option I wouldn't pay to have, but I'm sure someone living in a colder climate would disagree.

Isn't it great that we have a choice?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Didn't pay for any useless options - I left all the useless ones at the factory
Old 05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Mine is the Touring.
Never use the available space. Bought it merely for the looks of it.
Besides I have beige interior and that's totally unpractical when you're using the trunk (gets dirty by even looking at it)
Old 05-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Contributors

PDC, totally annoying waste for me. It was a $700 option on my Sept 2003 built 545i. I wanted all the other options and for $700 I wasn't going to wait. For $700 you should be able to deactivate through idrive.

Quick Reply: Useless options