E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Update on the requests

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 16 2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Iceman, this is more of a bug report than a feature request but I figured you'd see it anyway and pass it along to your contact...

On version 12.2, if I mute the radio/CD/whatever and make a phone call with the CPT9000, when I end the call, the radio "unmutes" and scares the hell out of you!

Also, I think (need to test again to be sure) that the volume the radio comes on at is the volume you used for the phone call.? In other words, if I had to turn it up to hear my phone call, the radio comes on very loud instead of returning to the volume that it was on before I muted it.

You might ask, the phone automatically mutes the radio before making the call so why do it manually?? Well that's true but in my case I had the radio muted for some time before making the call because I just didn't want it on (maybe to hear the V8 roar? ).? I wanted the radio to stay off indefinitely.
[snapback]25073[/snapback]
Rudy,

I get this exact same behavior, and it's maddening! My iDrive has only hung or rebooted a couple of times, and not for at least a month, and it still does it. I'll reverify this when I head out to lunch here in a couple of minutes, but I'm pretty sure that if I have the audio system muted and use the CPT9000, then when I hang up, the audio comes back, and the volume is usually not the same as it was when I muted it.

I'll report back in an hour or so...

-MrB
Old 10-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Members

I've read with interest all the new feature requests. The one I really want is faster boot up time. I'm still at 11.x since I hear that 13.x boots slower. I can't stand waiting 4-5 seconds for the radio to start especially when I'm listening to a football game. I don't know what the specs are for the boot time but it really should be defined and never exceeded regardless of features added.

The boot up time also effects the PDC since the Nag screen pops up first, I slam my hand down on the iDrive in frustration, and all it dismisses is the (yet to appear) PDC screen! The nag screen then reappears! ARRRGGGHH.

topic drift...

I HATE the nag screen. HATE HATE HATE. That's the other request, but I know that'll never be solved.

Doug

Interesting how Mercedes lawyers are smart enough to approve an auto dismiss of the nag screen on their cars. Perhaps BMW should pay a few more Euros for their lawyers.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Oct 19 2004, 11:45 AM
Rudy,

I get this exact same behavior, and it's maddening!? My iDrive has only hung or rebooted a couple of times, and not for at least a month, and it still does it.? I'll reverify this when I head out to lunch here in a couple of minutes, but I'm pretty sure that if I have the audio system muted and use the CPT9000, then when I hang up, the audio comes back, and the volume is usually not the same as it was when I muted it.

I'll report back in an hour or so...

-MrB
[snapback]46719[/snapback]
OK, I did some experiments on my way to/from lunch:

After the car's been "asleep" for a while, when I initiate a call via the iDrive controller and the "Communications" menu, the entertainment source retains its mute/no mute settings.

Once I initiate a call using the voice commands (like "Call Home"), the radio/CD will forget its mute/no mute settings and just unmute itself.

Any further attempts to initiate a call using the iDrive controller cause the radio/CD to behave as if I had used the voice commands.

-MrB
Old 10-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Iceman, Thank you for doing this for the rest of us. There aren't many people that would want to take all of the various issues.ideas to BMW voluntarily and get the kind of response. We have gift here I hope we do not tarnish nor ruin this conduit. Thanks again!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Oct 19 2004, 08:25 AM
HUD Suggestion and This is A Great Idea

Press the HUD once and it comes on.? Press it the second time and it dims.? Press it the next time and it goes back to the normal setting. And on indefinetely.? Hold the button down for 3 seconds and it goes off.? This would be great for long tunnels, dusk driving etc, when you to go between normal and less bright settings.
[snapback]46682[/snapback]
Hmmm..... this doesn't work on mine.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Members

The HUD dimming is a suggestion, not a current feature. Although my understaning is that there is a dimming offset for HUD in iDrive.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributors

I submit/second these:

1. Active Steering on/off - probably needs to be a button like DSC on/off

2. Gradual volume increase on radio on/unmute. The wife's Chevy has it - the volume comes up slowly, and doesn't just go "BAM!"

3. Tie auto-headlights to wipers. If wipers are on, and headlights are in Auto mode, turn em on.

4. Seat belt chime whiel moving disable, or goes off after a few seconds.

5. Show me what gear I'm in while in DS mode in Step. Like DS1, DS2, etc, so I know where I'll end up when I go to Manual.

6. Real tire pressure monitor, instead of FTM. I'd like to be reminded that all four are low.

7. Have garage door opener have power without ignition on - see also wife's Chevy - nice feature.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Mystic Blue 530i, beige/poplar wood interior, steptronic transmission, prem, sport, & sound pkgs, comfort seats, pdc, all weather mats, red reflectors, NAV, ACC, HUD, satellite radio, heated rear seats, rear sunshade, cold weather pkg, active steering

Iceman,

I would like to request a Navigation Retrofit kit for e60s built without option code 6UA. This has been a popular topic on this board.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Since this thread has been resurrected, I'll add some detail to an earlier request...

If they're going to give us an Active Steering on/off mode, they should take it a step further and actually have us dial in whatever "fixed" ratio we want. Doing a bunch of track driving? Dial up a close ratio but don't worry about it changing -- curbing your wheels a bunch? Dial up a more forgiving ratio and have fun!

Oh, and my favorite request is still -- gear indicator in the HUD please! If there's no room in the display, give us a menu of choices to pick from.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

OK, will put together another list and send it to Munich.
The gear indicator for the HUD was allready on one of the previous lists.
HUD dimming... Well, HUD is dimming automatically, but I'll put it on the list as well, together with the other requests...

Quick Reply: Update on the requests