E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Unlocking Passenger door from diver seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SE Oct 03 (53 plate) 19" Alpina Classic rims

ABC - did you mean the title 'divers seat'? (closest icon to a scuba hood!)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by diveleader' post='400234' date='Mar 8 2007, 05:22 PM
ABC - did you mean the title 'divers seat'? (closest icon to a scuba hood!)
Yup.

ABC
Old 03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by diveleader' post='400132' date='Mar 8 2007, 02:08 PM
This is set through the iDrive for UK spec cars so no need to dealer to do it as I had to with my old Audi.

Dawi - is the menu for this hidden? I cant recall seeing the settings for this in the idrive menu (bog std nav if it makes a difference)
Hi again,

Did remember to look on the way home. All you need to do is as follows, if I can remember all the steps!:
  • Press down i-drive controller and select "vehicle settings"
  • Push up i-drive controller and scroll along top menu to the right and select "Door locks"
  • Then selct "central locking" if not aleady pre-selected
  • Select "Lock button" - I prefer to set it to "All doors" option so that the whole car unlocks when exiting
  • Then scroll down and selct "Lock after moving off". I also set "Lock if no door opened" which automatically locks all the doors again after a minute or so if you accidentally hit the unlock button on the remote.
  • That should be it. Car locks itself as you drive off and unlocks when you take the fob out of the ignition meaning that you never have to touch the locking button in the centre of the dash unless you want to unlock the car without taking the fob out eg. to let someone else out of the car without them having to pull on the internal handle twice to unlock the door.
  • Good luck
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dawi' post='400371' date='Mar 8 2007, 09:55 PM
...eg. to let someone else out of the car without them having to pull on the internal handle twice to unlock the door.
The double pull is an iDrive setting too isn't it?

ABC
Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='400373' date='Mar 8 2007, 09:58 PM

ABC
No
Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

I love that double pull thing, makes the ladies think I care about their safety. RUDY, I feel you man. Tired of reaching back in to unlock the other doors.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='400373' date='Mar 8 2007, 10:58 PM

ABC
Yep.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='400373
Yep.
Really? I thought the double-pull was strictly mechanical and not something you can adjust via software...
Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

Tell me where it is when you find it.............though I wouldn't change it.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Contributors

I can relate to Rudy. I lwas at the airport, left the car running, jumped out to help a friend load her luggage in the trunk...had to reach in to unlock the trunk, but did it so fast I didn't bend low enough and hit my noggin on the top of the window! I would have yelled out but there were too many people standing around and I didn't want to look/sound like a fool (even if I was!). Had to drive home with a bloody head and a big bump on my head.

Quick Reply: Unlocking Passenger door from diver seat